Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy (3334 Views)

How Terrorists Are Taking Charge Of Borno’s Ungoverned Spaces, Highways / FFK: The COVID-19 Vaccines We Are Taking In Nigeria Are Not Bill Gates Vaccines / Buhari, Bandits Are Taking Over Here - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by colonelwealth(m): 3:03am On Aug 15, 2020
[quote author=igbesachick post=92831925]

as to cantonese (which you call guangdong guys), they are the main body of the investors in africa. it is they (or i should say we, because i am a cantonese too) who dominate your economy and cause you to spill hatred over here.

you dont even know the ppl who brought pain to u.

by the way, hong kong cantonese are the tallest and richest chinese in china.

These Clowns will pretend not to see this.
Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by ednut1(m): 3:51am On Aug 15, 2020
Nigerians and wailing. Are Nigerians not in other African countries taking over too
Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 15, 2020
Bolowolowo:
This is a good writeup. If we want our economy to grow then increases in FDI is inevitable. I dont really see this as a bad thing. My only gripe with foreigners investing and opening up companies here is the treatment of our workers and their working conditions.

However, what I am truly concerned about is our debt profile with China. Last week, I read that 13% of our foreign debt came from China. If we are going to continue taking our loans from their banks, then we need to have plans in place that allow for us to service our debt in a timely manner.

Chinese FDI is the type we don't want, because when they come with it, they come with the intention to never leave.

What eventually happens is that they create another ruling class comprising themselves alone, they don't marry into the population so it's the colonial era all over again. Maybe Nigeria would've been better off if the British had never left, at least they are more humane that these greedy roach-gobbling Chinese
Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by NGpatriot: 4:18am On Aug 15, 2020
So, when investors including chinese investors show up to invest, create jobs and expand out tax/IGR base, we should just say no and send them away because we don't want them to take over our economy?

Why are you Igbos so shallow and mentally backward?

And you menial mentality people are the future of biafra?

biafra is dead on arrival...

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by NGpatriot: 4:28am On Aug 15, 2020
ziddy:

Chinese FDI is the type we don't want, because when they come with it, they come with the intention to never leave.

What eventually happens is that they create another ruling class comprising themselves alone, they don't marry into the population so it's the colonial era all over again. Maybe Nigeria would've been better off if the British had never left, at least they are more humane that these greedy roach-gobbling Chinese

So, we should start telling investors that they must pack up their investments and leave after investing in Nigeria?

In fact, maybe we should tell the other investors including the UK and other europeans and the US with decades old businesses in Nigeria to pack up and leave Nigeria because we don't want them to stay in Nigerian forever.

lol @ the british are more humane and they should have remained our colonial masters.

Wetin den take package ipob brains?

Thank God I no dey see you ipob pass entertainment.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

So, we should start telling investors that they must pack up their investments and leave after investing in Nigeria?

In fact, maybe we should tell the other investors including the UK and other europeans and the US with decades old businesses in Nigeria to pack up and leave Nigeria because we don't want them to stay in Nigerian forever.

lol @ the british are more humane and they should have remained our colonial masters.

Wetin den take package ipob brains?

Thank God I no dey see you ipob pass entertainment.

grin grin

I'm not an ipob, shit-for-brains.

Now look at how the Chinese work your fellow compatriots to death without any safety protocols...

If you had any gray matter inside your skull you would understand that FDI is destined to be repatriated at some point, and if we are going to get colonised all over again then why did the British even leave? Because if they had stayed a rêtard like yourself would have at least got some technical education instead of coming on nairaland to chat nonsense.
Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by NGpatriot: 5:25am On Aug 15, 2020
ziddy:

I'm not an ipob, shit-for-brains.

Now look at how the Chinese work your fellow compatriots to death without any safety protocols...

If you had any gray matter inside your skull you would understand that FDI is destined to be repatriated at some point, and if we are going to get colonised all over again then why did the British even leave? Because if they had stayed a rêtard like yourself would have at least got some technical education instead of coming on nairaland to chat nonsense.

What's violation of labor and immigration laws got to do with FDI, so we should prevent FDI from China because some chinese people violate our labor laws or because we can not enforce our own labor laws.?

Is Nigeria the only country where investors repatriate their profits? Are the not supposed to make and keep their profits or return something to their shareholders?

FDI create jobs, build roads, bridges, schools, hospitals, build airports, pay your salary, pay police, soldiers and so on regardless of the little amount they are allowed to keep. Do you think people invest because they are not interested in profits?

We gain more from investors than the little money they repatriate, they develop your country, they transfer technology, they train you at home and abroad, they give you skilled and well trained manpower.

Why do you think governments all over the world have trade summits, trade commissions or why they battle and lobby for contracts and investments?

I'ts really embarrassing reading the unintelligent and elementary rubbish you people post on NL, just embarassing.

2 Likes

Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by Kingspin(m): 5:51am On Aug 15, 2020
hammer3:
It is no longer Igbo carrying goods to sell, it is China taking over the economy.

Nothing lazy people will not say or blame.
I think it is better for Chinese, Indians to take Lagos than fellow Nigerians
Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by igbesachick: 12:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Bkayyy:

Sorry MA, it is. The Chinese influence can only be felt in Lagos, maybe to some extent at ogun, and nobody is hating on any chinese, the thread was just to direct the attention of the citizens of the affected states to the imminent wickedness the Chinese will shower them if such economical domination is left to mature

maybe in lagos , you guys can see more chinese in the street, while in other poorer states , as i said, you dont have a chance to see the chinese who are staying in the guarded industrial zones or urban villas. if you are not in ogun or lagos, you dont meet any chinese, and in rwal lifeou did not.
Re: How The Chinese Are Taking Over Nigeria’s Economy by igbesachick: 12:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Bkayyy:

Sorry MA, it is. The Chinese influence can only be felt in Lagos, maybe to some extent at ogun, and nobody is hating on any chinese, the thread was just to direct the attention of the citizens of the affected states to the imminent wickedness the Chinese will shower them if such economical domination is left to mature

maybe in lagos , you guys can see more chinese in the street, while in other poorer states , as i said, you dont have a chance to see the chinese who are staying in the guarded industrial zones or urban villas. if you are not in ogun or lagos, you dont meet any chinese, and in real life you did not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout Ime Obi Library Igwe Alfred Achebe The Obi Of Onitsha Built-photos / NDLEA Advises Institutions To Set Up Rehabilitation Centres / SERAP Sues Lawan, Gbajabiamila Over Failure To Probe Missing ₦4.1bn NASS Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.