Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,840 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

When You Don’t Understand, Trust God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When You Don’t Understand, Trust God (100 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Modele Fatoyinbo: I Am Not Your Friend If You Don’t Celebrate Biodun Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Don’t Understand, Trust God by VLadipo: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
As Louisa Stead and her family were enjoying a seaside trip, she noticed a youngster struggling in the surf. When Mr Stead rushed in to help, he was pulled under by the terrified child. He was drowned as Louisa watched helplessly from the shore.

A time of grief and dire poverty followed. One day, when she had no money or food, Louisa went out and found a basket on her doorstep with both food and money inside. Putting pen to paper, she wrote this beloved hymn: ‘’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word, just to rest upon His promise, just to know “Thus saith the Lord.” I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee, precious Jesus, Saviour, friend; and I know that Thou art with me, wilt be with me to the end.’ Trusting Jesus, Louisa went twice as a missionary to Africa, where she served the Lord for twenty-five years.

If you’re struggling to trust God today, stand on these Scriptures:

(1) ‘The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.’

(2) ‘You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.’ (Isaiah 26:3 NKJV)

(3) ‘As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.’ (2 Samuel 22:31 NKJV)

(4) ‘Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of...http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails.php?devotional=thewordfortoday&&id=4922

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:saturday, August 15, 2020 / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:sunday, August 16, 2020 / Big Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.