Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. (21790 Views)

Enugu State Eyes Soaring Digital Economy With E-Yes / New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation / 2019: Coalition Against Buhari Reaches Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by naptu2: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
The Lagos State Government had announced that it would begin enforcing regulations on ride hailing companies from August 20th. See previous thread here:

Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 
https://www.nairaland.com/6048683/lagos-enforce-regulations-ride-hailing#92722661

However, the announcement led to complaints from ride hailing companies and their passengers. The ride hailing companies had a meeting with the Lagos State Government at Lagos House, Marina and certain agreements were reached. This was made known by the chief press secretary to the Lagos State Government, Mr Gboyega Akosile.

Gboyega Akosile @gboyegaakosile

Today, The Lagos State Govt had a meeting with the E-Hailing Ride Stakeholders which was chaired by the Governor of Lagos State, Mr @jidesanwoolu at the Lagos House, Marina .The Following resolutions were made which was agreed by ALL Parties:

1. There Must be comprehensive insurance cover which will cover drivers and passengers.

2. A REDUCTION of 20% on the Operational Licensing Fees.

3. A FLAT Fee of N20 to be known as Road Improvement Fund which will be levied on each ride/trip.

4. A 90-Day Compliance with documentation for the drivers - There will be a one-stop shop for all the documentation (especially LASSRA Card- Lagos State Resident Registration Agency.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gboyegaakosile/status/1294306187501068290

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by ThatFairGuy: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nice move. Government didn't ask too much.
Eko for show, Lagos for action.
Eko o ni baje o.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
In terms of road infrastructure, Lagos State is in a big mess. Who can tell me the roads this sanwo olu started and is about to finish constructing? Oya tell me Ambode roads that he is about to finish constructing? Most roads in Lagos have been under construction for the past 4 years, what type of madness is this

Why is it always taken the Lagos State government up to 4 years to construct roads? I don't understand

We need good roads in Lagos State, almost all the roads in Lagos is terrible.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Artiiclebeast: 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
Always setting the cart before the horse.
I wonder what stopped them from first consulting with and engaging all stakeholders before the unilateral and dictatorial decree they had churned out initially.

They'd know the right thing to do but will deliberately refuse to do it but decide to check the people's pulse to see if they'd protest or be docile as usual.

Nonsense

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by sofiscatedmoron: 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
O ride guys be like

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by loadedvibes: 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
I wouldn't agree if I was in any position to decide on this.. what happened to the company tax ?
What happened to passengers tax even the drivers individual tax? ..
don't we pay tax on every bank transaction we make even to pay the Uber and bolt guys ..
when they drive through toll gates don't they pay ?
Why then is there a 20naira charge again..
for maintenance oshi people

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by ForeThinker: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
Your journey will be much lighter and easier if you don’t carry your past with you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
THIS IS A 3 MINUTES READ. TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ IT.

Honestly, I am glad I left this job when I did. I am glad that I went back to Umahia and setup a fish farm.

But ladies and gentlemen, Nigeria is gone and gone forever. It is highly irredemable. Everywhere just jaga jaga.

Why would any government try to destroy this technology that is providing a world class service to its citizens? Because once they start this rubbish, they have destroyed the source of income of many of you. The most annoying part is that many of you don't know the implications of this satanic policies they are about to put in place.

First and foremost, once they give you Uber/bolt tag... You will fall under "Owoda" in all local governments. Any worthless tout that see you be it in Yaba, Ikeja, Ijegun, Idimu, Oworo etc will know you are Uber immediately, bring out there useless hands and tell you "Owoda".

For some useful iddiots on this thread and some Lagosians already supporting the move, this is how they plan to tax you! All the Owoda that will collected from you will eventually find its way back to the DEMONIC AND DEVILISH MEN CONTROLLING LAGOS STATE.

Remember too that they are asking Uber for the database of all their drivers!

They want to know who you are, know your bank statements, know your finances and control you! This is not about your welfare but about control and regulating you!

Drivers do not yield in to this demonic and Satanic people trying to control the world.

Lagosians should SUPPORT UBER AND BOLT in this war the ELITES OF LAGOS ARE TRYING TO WAGE AGAINST THEM. THIS IS NEVER ABOUT THE MASSES BUT ABOUT THEIR OWN COLLECTIVE INTEREST.

IF YOU MUST ATTACK ANYBODY, ATTACK YOUR WORTHLESS GOVERNMENT BOTH AT STATE AND FEDERAL LEVEL THAT COULDN'T GIVE YOU JOBS AND WERE MORTGAGING YOUR FUTURE BEFORE UBER BOLT CAME ALONG AND GAVE MANY GRADUATES SOMETHING DOING.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
And I hope they will protect their interests too.

These guys can't even get to the airport without Yellow taxi operators attacking them. Lagos state and multiple taxation...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by theoneJabulani(m): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
Better late than never.

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in Lagos, payment on delivery available nationwide.
Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Ishilove: 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaOwen:
In terms of road infrastructure, Lagos State is in a big mess. Who can tell me the roads this sanwo olu started and is about to finish constructing? Oya tell me Ambode roads that he is about to finish constructing? Most roads in Lagos have been under construction for the past 4 years, what type of madness is this

Why is it always taken the Lagos State government up to 4 years to construct roads? I don't understand

We need good roads in Lagos State, almost all the roads in Lagos is terrible.
It takes them long to finish roads because it is avenue for looting.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Tetrahedron: 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
Shameless govt, so if uber and others didn’t think of this massive job creation business, how will it exist for lagos govt to be taxing them now.
African govts that cant think

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by ladyF(f): 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
angry Dont be fooled by the “20% reduction”

It is 25m to 20m, and 10m to 8m. Pretty sure it’s the drivers that are going to bear the brunt.

It’s LadyF again grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by OLAMINREWA(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
This is a welcomed development. Both parties and other stakeholders can take it up from this juncture
Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Obierika(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
Companies are struggling to stay afloat in the face of difficult operating terrain meanwhile government is coming up with new taxes

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Kobicove(m): 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
ladyF:
angry Dont be fooled by the “20% reduction”

It is 25m to 20m, and 10m to 8m. Pretty sure it’s the drivers that are going to bear the brunt.

It’s LadyF again grin grin grin

The drivers will pass it down to the final consumers!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by OmoManU: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
just give it to governor Sanwo-Olu, he's a man. the fact of the whole matter was that it's the VIO people and some vested interest that were initially interested in chooking eye into the business but now that Sanwo has stepped in and do the right thing, all their plans don scatter b dat.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by MrMcJay(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
Lagos State has legalized 20 Naira egunje. At least, they learnt something from the Policemen on the road.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nigeria government, shoot first, ask questions later.
Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by uchennamani(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
AngryIgboDon:

Honestly, I am glad I left this job when I did. I am glad that I went back to Umahia and setup a fish farm.

But ladies and gentlemen, Nigeria is gone and gone forever. It is highly irredemable. Everywhere just jaga jaga.

Why would any government try to destroy this technology that is providing a world class service to its citizens? Because once they start this rubbish, they have destroyed the source of income of many of you. The most annoying part is that many of you don't know the implications of this satanic policies they are about to put in place.

First and foremost, once they give you Uber/bolt tag... You will fall under "Owoda" in all local governments. Any worthless tout that see you be it in Yaba, Ikeja, Ijegun, Idimu, Oworo etc will know you are Uber immediately, bring out there useless hands and tell you "Owoda".

For some useful iddiots on this thread and some Lagosians already supporting the move, this is how they plan to tax you! All the Owoda that will collected from you will eventually find its way back to the DEMONIC AND DEVILISH MEN CONTROLLING LAGOS STATE.

They want to know who you are, know your bank statements, know your finances and control you! This is not about your welfare but about control and regulating you!

Drivers do not yield in to this demonic and Satanic people trying to control the world.

Lagosians should SUPPORT UBER AND BOLT in this war the ELITES OF LAGOS ARE TRYING TO WAGE AGAINST THEM. THIS IS NEVER ABOUT THE MASSES BUT ABOUT THEIR OWN COLLECTIVE INTEREST.

IF YOU MUST ATTACK ANYBODY, ATTACK YOUR WORTHLESS GOVERNMENT BOTH AT STATE AND FEDERAL LEVEL THAT COULDN'T GIVE YOU JOBS AND WERE MORTGAGING YOUR FUTURE BEFORE UBER BOLT CAME ALONG AND GAVE MANY GRADUATES SOMETHING DOING.

Ewu.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by michru: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
I laugh when I see things like this.

Has anyone noticed something about this present Govt.

They have everything planned out.

If the Govt wants to increase fuel price to 150, they won't just do that, what they will first do is to show their intention of increasing it to 200, then later, they will come and say they have listened to the plight of Nigerians and they have reduced it to 150.

The masses will rejoice and say the Govt have them in heart, not knowing the Govt's intention was to increase it to 150.

Wake up guys.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by jericco1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Trust Lagos state government at your peril

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ishilove:

It takes them long to finish roads because it is avenue for looting.
The kin things wey dey happen for this country eh, e dey always make person boil with anger, especially when person dey drive on this terrible roads. This sanwo olu for me is performing far below expectation.

The funny thing is that absolute majority of lagosians suffering from this terrible roads in Lagos will still vote this clueless man in 2023.

A friend of mine went to eko to buy some clothes, he said clothes he was buying for #1500 is now been sold for #2000.

This country is just so bleeped up, and I no see how and when e go better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by Lagosfinder(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Good move
Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by amaham(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Funny , after I enter a bolt ride, I'll check the price and cancel the ride . When I reach my destination I'll give the driver the money minus #20naira. No charges on a cancelled ride you know.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by dubaiprince: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
If they don't tax everything, how will dey fund 2023 presidential ambition. You will be living in a fools paradise to think the N20 road improvement charge would be used to maintain roads. We never see something.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by mitchyy(f): 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
The drivers and riders will bear the brunt of this. Sadly

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by adenigga(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
AngryIgboDon:

I concurred!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders. by MemoriesAndMe: 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
Always setting the cart before the horse.
I wonder what stopped them from first consulting with and engaging all stakeholders before the unilateral and dictatorial decree they had churned out initially.

They'd know the right thing to do but will deliberately refuse to do it but decide to check the people's pulse to see if they'd protest or be docile as usual.

Nonsense
Its called bargaining. Attack first and face defense later. They started aiming for 100%, after bargaining its reduced by 20%. Initial consultation would have taken time and yielded less.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi, House Members, State EXCO, Pay Condolence Visit To Ekweremadu’s Family / Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, / Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.