Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Urgent Help Needed!! Please Help My 7months Gsd (urgent Help Needed!!) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Urgent Help Needed!! Please Help My 7months Gsd (urgent Help Needed!!) (360 Views)

Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix / My 7months Female Lhasa Apso Is Bleeding....help / 7months Old Female Great Dane Available(sold sold) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed!! Please Help My 7months Gsd (urgent Help Needed!!) by 47xclusiveng1: 1:57am On Aug 15, 2020
IT's been 4days now my gsd has not had a normal bowel movement
see the symptoms below:-
he frequently attempts to defecate with prolonged straining, and stools is very small, sometimes it looks like mucus droplet with very very small blood in it, and ihe feels pain when i try to raise or even touch his tail, he don't sit properly because of the anal pain

i contacted my vet and he said i should give him 2 flagy tablet 200mg and 2 AMPICILLIN (the red and black capsule) once a day
but i have done that for the past 4 days and no improvement angry angry but the vet said i should continue giving him the tablet, and he will get back to normal soon,
i even changed his diet to boiled white rice and chicken or boiled white rice and 1 cooked egg
but he is active as normal
he eats fine

PLEASE GUYS I NEED YOUR ADVICE/HELP
I DO'T FEEL GOOD SEEING MY PET LIKE THAT
Re: Urgent Help Needed!! Please Help My 7months Gsd (urgent Help Needed!!) by uboma(m): 3:23am On Aug 15, 2020
47xclusiveng1:
IT's been 4days now my gsd has not had a normal bowel movement
see the symptoms below:-
he frequently attempts to defecate with prolonged straining, and stools is very small, sometimes it looks like mucus droplet with very very small blood in it, and ihe feels pain when i try to raise or even touch his tail, he don't sit properly because of the anal pain

i contacted my vet and he said i should give him 2 flagy tablet 200mg and 2 AMPICILLIN (the red and black capsule) once a day
but i have done that for the past 4 days and no improvement angry angry but the vet said i should continue giving him the tablet, and he will get back to normal soon,
i even changed his diet to boiled white rice and chicken or boiled white rice and 1 cooked egg
but he is active as normal
he eats fine

PLEASE GUYS I NEED YOUR ADVICE/HELP
I DO'T FEEL GOOD SEEING MY PET LIKE THAT

What were you feeding the dog prior to the change of diet?
Re: Urgent Help Needed!! Please Help My 7months Gsd (urgent Help Needed!!) by 47xclusiveng1: 4:10am On Aug 15, 2020
uboma:

What were you feeding the dog prior to the change of diet?

Can food (Optimax, jojo, booster )
Dog noodles
Optimax dry food
Chicken
Fish
Re: Urgent Help Needed!! Please Help My 7months Gsd (urgent Help Needed!!) by sunnywhyt007: 5:49am On Aug 15, 2020
That’s parvo!!! Treat him fast bro, lost my puppy to parvo few days ago, same symptoms as yours.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed!! Please Help My 7months Gsd (urgent Help Needed!!) by qwertygeni: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2020
That person you called a vet is more likely to be quack sir. How can your so called vet tell you to give Flagyl (metronidazole) & Ampicillin for a sign like tenesmus?. A proper physical assessment by a veterinarian is very important to preserve the life of your dear pet. Constipation and other wide range of causes could be the indication for these signs. Please avoid quacks and Google diagnosis, make an appointment with a real vet to save the life of your dog. In the meantime, you may try give your dog more water and more food rich in fibre. I don't know if you may share your location to recommend a vet for you among my network? Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed!! Please Help My 7months Gsd (urgent Help Needed!!) by Eveezy(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2020
A dog that’s has difficulty in pooing and your vet recommends flagyl? That vet doesn’t know Joan onions. It seems more to me like constipation and flagyl won’t help constipation.

Contact a proper vet

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Special Offer For Every Dog Seller Here / ALL ADOPTED!! 8 Weeks Rottweiler Puppies / Sergeant My Brave Nsg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.