Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo (12764 Views)

Turkey Rejects US Embassy’s Condolences Over Terror Attack In Istanbul / France And Germany Dodged Russia Arms Embargo To Sell Weapons To Russia / Iran Rejects US Coronavirus Aid Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by frankson1(m): 9:34am On Aug 15, 2020
Laboni:
They don’t encourage proliferation of arms in the black market, but Russia can even sale arms to devils.. That’s why you see AKs in almost every nooks and crannies of Africa and Middle East.

I get you, but even the US do this through back door as well. Are you aware that the US sponsor and arm rebels against a legitimate government?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 15, 2020
okuwehcris:

Read the text again, US may have included a strict rules that would make them reject it so it could trigger a snapshot and impose harder sanctions that would cripple the Iran nuclear deal.

US got what it wanted which is to kill the nuclear deal and do away with more sanctions.

The USA ultimate aim in Iran is a regime change and the only way it can accomplish that is through degeneration of the Iranians government backing and popularity in iran thus through economoc sanctions crippling the Iranian economy and breeding dissatisfaction.

This seemed futile under the Obama administration but Trump thinks its gonna work, Obama had tried to entice the Iranians but trump's wants to distance the Iranians from the world stage.

The trumps administration diplomatic stance towards Iran has been rejected by its western allies and thus a blow to American grandiose and diplomacy. A military intervention like in the case of Iraq is suicidal for America and thus their only options are either to distance Iran or entice iran.

1 Like

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by AroleOduduwa2: 9:41am On Aug 15, 2020
This is how it should be done. You can’t bully your ally and then expect them to support you. This will be the case of Oshiomohle and his cohorts when the time comes. In life, don’t ever think you’re too powerful to negotiate with people you think are below you.

1 Like

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by BotherMleeper(m): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2020
osamz007:
INCONSEQUENTIAL

ISRAEL AND USA UP TO THE TASK

You've no idea what you've just read, do you?
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by BotherMleeper(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2020
Trump has completely diminished the influence of the US on the world stage with his "America First" isolationist nonsense.

Today the world has discovered the US is no better than any 3rd world country:

Brutal police
Corrupt politicians
Death and disease
Tanked economy
Unemployment and breadlines
Racial and tribal divisions
Gun violence
Inflamed political rhetorics
Chaotic political system
And a corrupt dictator trying to hijack the elections

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by AkwaIbomMan(m): 9:52am On Aug 15, 2020
[s]
anonymous1759:
Good job Iran . Protect your sovereignty at all cost from bullies. The only Reason the United States has not invaded Iran is because of the threat they posses if not Iran would be like Libya.

You can't eat your cake and have it. the United States breaking that Accord is a disrespect to other countries. Thanks to Russia and China for giving us a balanced If not Uncle Sam would have United States president in every country.

Live and let live if the United States citizens are worth protecting so dose every country's citizens. We don't need someone to look out for us . if any country needs external assistance they would call Allow Iran to protect themselves just like your Allies simple.
[/s] senseless comment coming from this Chinese asslickeri
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Laboni: 9:53am On Aug 15, 2020
frankson1:

I get you, but even the US do this through back door as well. Are you aware that the US sponsor and arm rebels against a legitimate government?
I know but at least, their weapons are not littered the streets of Africa and Middle East like Russian weapons.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Laboni: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2020
madridguy:
Do you know what you're saying at all? So Russia brought chaos to Africa? shocked

Why is Russian made assault riffles littered the streets of Africa and not US made assault riffles?
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by anonymous1759(m): 9:55am On Aug 15, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
[s][/s] senseless comment coming from this Chinese asslickeri

Akwaibomites are known for house keeping and eye services yeyenatu like you. Criticize my comment with facts odeburuku

1 Like

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by frankson1(m): 9:59am On Aug 15, 2020
Laboni:
I know but at least, their weapons are not littered the streets of Africa and Middle East like Russian weapons.

Anyways, they should stop the bullying.

Have a great day Sir.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by marsman: 10:30am On Aug 15, 2020
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by odigbosky(m): 10:31am On Aug 15, 2020
anonymous1759:

I'm not sentimental Bruv open your eyes . The United States bully countries for their selfish gains . Russia and China invites competition but the USA don't that tells a lot.
Go make a research on countries they've destroyed it traces to one thing. Selfish interest if not for Russia and China I repeat Uncle Sam would be putting USA puppets as president in various countries. Make a research on OAS in North America and see what's going on there.

The only Reason Nigeria is not attacked yet is because we're still loyal and dance to their tone.

We're fighting little corruption in this country wait till we've a leader who wants to make a drastic change in Nigeria by so doing big multinationals will be Affected That's when you'll see the wrath of the West you know why ? Because they benefits more from our corruption . By then they'll say Democracy has been breached but they know to have a stable country you've to under go that process . That was the propaganda they used in Libya. I don't hate country all I'm interested in is equal rights. And please don't mention PDP again.

Go and ask people in Eastern Europe and former Soviet blocks what it means to be under Russia's influence. You guys don't seem to understand what the US has done. The US raised the economies of many European nations after the world war. From Greece to Germany and even the French. Were where the French when Hitler over ran them. France is not even suppose to be on the Security council as a permanent member. The French always want to behave like ungrateful people. Two times the US and UK came to save them from annihilation. Winston Churchill was happy when Hitler attacked the Americans and he knew the war would change.

Ordinary Chinese who are above 50 years will tell you that it was America who saved them from the Japanese. When the Japanese built an empire for themselves in South east Asia, it was America who came to liberate these nations. From the jungles of Indonesia to Manchuria, the US bled for countries that are ingrates.

People always say it's about resources or oil
Tell me what resources did South Korea have that the US fought for her. Ordinary small Liberia and Sierra Leone where Nigeria troops died in their numbers, do you know how we influence their policies.

When a nation bleeds for you
Fights to ensure liberty is not destroyed, the best you can do is appreciate her. You people don't know what the US has done for the world.

Today China is dealing with smaller nations around her and they are all crying for the US. Take it or leave it, the US will always remain the balance on the scale of Justice in the world.

Don't let your hate spoil things
Appreciate the greatest Nation the world has ever seen.

3 Likes

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Focusmind: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2020
European powers and cowardice!! I don't know why they usually abstain from voting on things that concerns US. Since you didn't like the resolution, why not vote against it than just abstaining. It means that you are afraid of the sponsor of the motion.

If It was another country that sponsors a motion now, you will see them voting and issuing joint statement. They bow to US too much and US under Trump no dey send them again.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Fash20: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2020
FrLukas:
[s][/s]

Move on if you don't understand my post or give it to someone to translate for you.
Smh
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by DexterousOne(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2020
ojuu4u:
Am looking forward for USA to leave UN the way she exited from WHO.

Trump will finish USA if voted for second time.

You want stop financial aids from countries stop military assistance, medical assistance, yet you think you can still dictate for them, on what ground will they be ur puppets if the assistance is not forthcoming as usual. Trump most stupid person I ever known!

Trump is not smart

Hia foreign policy has been a disastrous one
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by DexterousOne(m): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2020
espionagesavvy:

The USA ultimate aim in Iran is a regime change and the only way it can accomplish that is through degeneration of the Iranians government backing and popularity in iran thus through economoc sanctions crippling the Iranian economy and breeding dissatisfaction.

This seemed futile under the Obama administration but Trump thinks its gonna work, Obama had tried to entice the Iranians but trump's wants to distance the Iranians from the world stage.

The trumps administration diplomatic stance towards Iran has been rejected by its western allies and thus a blow to American grandiose and diplomacy. A military intervention like in the case of Iraq is suicidal for America and thus their only options are either to distance Iran or entice iran.

Well said
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by DexterousOne(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2020
ponziponzi:

Still typing more BS.

I see and I know how the media works in the west. I know how African is portrayed, I know how India is portrayed, I know how China is portrayed. They have templates of how they want their citizens to see these places. If I haven't lived or visited these places, I won’t believe real people can live there.

Who destabilized all the Middle East, Egypt and Libya in the first place? I’m sure, it’s not China or Russia. The US is spending a lot of money on making weapons and selling them, they will have to use them somewhere at least. Please tell which country has started more wars than the US.

And on the black Americans, you called them entitled and lazy? Your ignorance is on another level. Why do you think, as a group, the AA and aboriginals both in North American and in Austrialia behave the way they do? You think they are lazy and entitled? Do you also think it is a coincidence?

Many African immigrants in the US are cowards and don’t deserve any respect. Every thing the black people enjoy today in America, including being partly recognized as a human being, were fought for by the AA ( in most cases with their lives). On the other hand, African immigrant are too cowardly to stay back in the own country to even fight their fellow men for the basic rights of themselves and their children. They would rather run to another place where they and their children will perpetually remain in the lowest rung of the ladder in the society, kiss ass and smile even when racially abused. If you are not brave enough to stay back in your country to fight for it betterment for your generation, you should at least respect those that fought to create the opportunities you now enjoy.

Dont mind him

His comments on African Americans gave him up as one who does not understand a lot about things
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by bigpicture001: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2020
Quelme:
self glorification! Haha.

I rest my case.... When someone is always defensive, just know they don't have a point....

At least from other peoples comment here, we can only agree that a lot of persons are quite aware of the US shenanigans and their gross flouting of all known international laws.

It's a pity u trust other people more than ur self... Av once won an argument about F. G not seizing lagos state allocation as publicised by tinubu....

Now you can imagine.. About 400 persons their called me daft.. And all sort of names.. Some. Of them elders.. I was close to tears.. But I stood my ground..

And got 10k as bet to back my claims.. They contributed to bet against me.. Alot of people warned me everyone can not b wrong and only me right....but because of what I know and trust that I know.. I insisted..

Low and behold they were wrong.. I didn't even say anything. I took my 20k.nd walked away....

Since then they call me aljazeera......

So if u don't mind. I don't care what crowd says

The same tin against a crowd of 8persons happened again when I told them tiger wood is the richest sport athlete... They donated money against me because of Mayweather and critano Ronaldo... Alas. I won again.....
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by bigpicture001: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2020
espn:
I see...the moment you mentioned PDP I already know where you are coming from.

Let's go there....

Can you sincerely without bias call APC a national unity party..?

Do APC not try to cheat the federal character..?

Have u heard from. Any APC leader speak against Buhari marginalization of Igbos..? Or are they not Nigerians..?

Has any other party in naija history sought for laons to execute a very one sided projects B4..?

Who brought idea of rotation of presidency..?

Who made sure that the hierarchy of power in naija goes to all region systematically in a single administration....

Which party doesn't care, but appoints the best brains to run the country irrespective of your tribe..?

You will b a pathetic liar to say u don't know PDP is a more national party than APC...

Speak up against ethnicity and have growth!

1 Like

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by anonymous1759(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2020
odigbosky:

Go and ask people in Eastern Europe and former Soviet blocks what it means to be under Russia's influence. You guys don't seem to understand what the US has done. The US raised the economies of many European nations after the world war. From Greece to Germany and even the French. Were where the French when Hitler over ran them. France is not even suppose to be on the Security council as a permanent member. The French always want to behave like ungrateful people. Two times the US and UK came to save them from annihilation. Winston Churchill was happy when Hitler attacked the Americans and he knew the war would change.

Ordinary Chinese who are above 50 years will tell you that it was America who saved them from the Japanese. When the Japanese built an empire for themselves in South east Asia, it was America who came to liberate these nations. From the jungles of Indonesia to Manchuria, the US bled for countries that are ingrates.

People always say it's about resources or oil
Tell me what resources did South Korea have that the US fought for her. Ordinary small Liberia and Sierra Leone where Nigeria troops died in their numbers, do you know how we influence their policies.

When a nation bleeds for you
Fights to ensure liberty is not destroyed, the best you can do is appreciate her. You people don't know what the US has done for the world.

Today China is dealing with smaller nations around her and they are all crying for the US. Take it or leave it, the US will always remain the balance on the scale of Justice in the world.

Don't let your hate spoil things
Appreciate the greatest Nation the world has ever seen.

I don't hate the USA I stand up for bully .

Do you know what the Chinese call the 8 power ? And what they went through in their hands? The 8 powers are English, French, German, American, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Austrian
Etc. go make a research on that .

America is using those countries you mentioned to checkmate their Perceived Enemy in exchange for business partnership wait until war breaks out before they attack the United States those countries that harbor USA based will go down first.

Your mentality is not different from the old goons we've in Abuja thinking international politics is all about loans,grants and economy benefits etc. world politics is power play these countries don't like each other but have respect for each other because of one thing Nuclear power.

India is still having problems with toilets but they've Nuclear weapons what about Pakistan? A struggling nations with a sophisticated weapon.
Iran got the logic that's why they do anything possible to have it even North Korea.

One question for you if war breaks out today do you think USA and UK will leave their citizens to defend Nigeria?

It's high time we stop Reasoning past Economic benefits.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by madridguy(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2020
Even Russian made assault riffles are littered in the US.

Laboni:
Why is Russian made assault riffles littered the streets of Africa and not US made assault riffles?
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by bigpicture001: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2020
ponziponzi:

Still typing more BS.

I see and I know how the media works in the west. I know how African is portrayed, I know how India is portrayed, I know how China is portrayed. They have templates of how they want their citizens to see these places. If I haven't lived or visited these places, I won’t believe real people can live there.

Who destabilized all the Middle East, Egypt and Libya in the first place? I’m sure, it’s not China or Russia. The US is spending a lot of money on making weapons and selling them, they will have to use them somewhere at least. Please tell which country has started more wars than the US.

And on the black Americans, you called them entitled and lazy? Your ignorance is on another level. Why do you think, as a group, the AA and aboriginals both in North American and in Austrialia behave the way they do? You think they are lazy and entitled? Do you also think it is a coincidence?

Many African immigrants in the US are cowards and don’t deserve any respect. Every thing the black people enjoy today in America, including being partly recognized as a human being, were fought for by the AA ( in most cases with their lives). On the other hand, African immigrant are too cowardly to stay back in the own country to even fight their fellow men for the basic rights of themselves and their children. They would rather run to another place where they and their children will perpetually remain in the lowest rung of the ladder in the society, kiss ass and smile even when racially abused. If you are not brave enough to stay back in your country to fight for it betterment for your generation, you should at least respect those that fought to create the opportunities you now enjoy.

Bro u are not a media person.. I am...

The media most often report news that attracts attention... Did the media not report Britain's handover of Hong Kong to China..? It does..

Did the western media not report. The cert fast growth of the Chinese economy..? It does

Does the western media not report the fair and always examples of Ghana democracy..? It does

Does the western media not report innoson unbelievable success. They did cuz I watched it on CNN.

Bro.. Africa is underdeveloped.. ND many bad things happening.. Evn here on nairaland, which type of news makes the most headlines.. Good or bad..?.

I guess that settles that cuz it's just ur imagination that u are not fairly reported about..

Now to African Americans. Yes, they were maltreated. If which the whites realized and put a stop to it. At least institutional... But this also happened to the jews who have long moved in and are now gaining so much respect from other part of the world whila the AA, are busy crying through more that 19 decades....

NO institutional decrimination exist in the US. Cops and some people stil descriminate but on their personal scale of which if you find prove.. They are tried for it... Who support non progressive people... Pity that would rather wallow in self pity....

Same opportunities availed to them are what African migrants have ceased and made a better life for themselves... History is history and cannot be brought back. Corrections have been made through lot of legalised institutional changes.. But these set of people done want to move on....

Open ur eys bro.. ND know what you support and stop to allow emotions entangle ur self reasoning

2 Likes

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by gtown: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2020
FrLukas:
Iran, no be that country accidentally shoot down a passenger plane recently?

Abeg ban dem.

Let them be using bows and arrows.
Even US has accidentally shoot down down passenger plane at some other times.
The word ''accidentally'' is the key word there.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Bigchristo: 11:58am On Aug 15, 2020
FrLukas:
Iran, no be that country accidentally shoot down a passenger plane recently?

Abeg ban dem.

Let them be using bows and arrows.
So the US has never done accidental discharge before? Have you heard of the US throwing Bomb on a wedding in Afghanistan thinking it was a terrorist gathering? Y’all always act so hypocrites when it comes to Issues between US and other countries where as the real terrorist organizations are being funded by the US.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Quelme: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
bigpicture001:

It's a pity u trust other people more than ur self... Av once won an argument about F. G not seizing lagos state allocation as publicised by tinubu....

Now you can imagine.. About 400 persons their called me daft.. And all sort of names.. Some. Of them elders.. I was close to tears.. But I stood my ground..

And got 10k as bet to back my claims.. They contributed to bet against me.. Alot of people warned me everyone can not b wrong and only me right....but because of what I know and trust that I know.. I insisted..

Low and behold they were wrong.. I didn't even say anything. I took my 20k.nd walked away....

Since then they call me aljazeera......

So if u don't mind. I don't care what crowd says

The same tin against a crowd of 8persons happened again when I told them tiger wood is the richest sport athlete... They donated money against me because of Mayweather and critano Ronaldo... Alas. I won again.....

coz you won an argument against a group of olodo doesn't mean everyone is.

I asked you a simple question, you didn't answer, that sums it all.... Have a jolly good weekend my brother!
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Krak(m): 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
espionagesavvy:
The United states is loosing its grip on its traditional allies

No thanks to Donaldo the Trumpian who goes about antagonizing everyone around,including America's traditional allies and even cousins.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
gtown:

Even US has accidentally shoot down down passenger plane at some other times.
The word ''accidentally'' is the key word there.

And so? Ban them too.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by gtown: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
FrLukas:

And so? Ban them too.
What is good for the goose is also good for the geese

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Best Presidents in African History / Boko Haram Kills 24 Chadian Soldiers In Lake Chad Area / Zambia's Scott Becomes Africa's First White Leader In 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.