Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo (12765 Views)

Turkey Rejects US Embassy’s Condolences Over Terror Attack In Istanbul / France And Germany Dodged Russia Arms Embargo To Sell Weapons To Russia / Iran Rejects US Coronavirus Aid Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by kayjay69(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
This is really good news for everyone asides Israel and the US ofcourse.

I love how US and Israel keep beating their chests saying there is none equal to them militarily yet they stop at nothing to ensure Iran cannot buy fighter jets and missile defense systems. They continue their wave of sanctions.

These two countries have steadily undermined Iran at every single opportunity they could find for no reason whatsoever. They label the Iranians terrorists yet what Israel has continuously done in the West Bank and Gaza strip is nothing short of terrorism itself.

The same US overthrew a legal, democratic elected government in Iran in the 50s because he was a communist sympathiser and now look at the monsters they've created an Islamic republic. I have no pity for US in this matter.

Iran does not seek to destroy Israel, forget the cannon fodder they feed you in the mass media. Iran only seeks some kind of equity for the Palestinians which the Zionist regime in Israel is firmly against. You give them that, they'll have no claim to fame. Iran may try to exert influence on some of its neighbours (Syria and Iraq) in order to limit the powers of Saudi Arabia and the US, but can you blame them? Who do you think created ISIS? And for what purpose? I know we as Africans do not think beyond our noses as we have been programmed to do by our colonialist overlords through religion and poverty. We do not have any dignity as a people because if we did, over half of the people on this thread would understand who the real oppressor is and the real oppressed is.

Do a comparison of Iran and Saudi Arabia (same country Americans will stop at nothing to support). Iranians despite their imperfections are as close to a democracy as you will find in any major islamic country and they are quite liberal too, you cannot say same of the Saudis. Not saying the Iranians are perfect but every nation has the right to arm themselves to the teeth and defend every inch of their territory. I know for a fact that if Iran did not have the mass arsenal of missiles they have at their disposal, the US, Saudi Arabia and Israel would have overrun them by now.

If you want world peace today, give every country nuclear weapons and I assure you there will be world peace. The same US is the only country ever that has used nuclear weapons on another country yet they yell and scream whenever others try to get such. Iran does not have any nuclear weapons as of today. But even if they were to have, they have every right to have it as every country in the world should. It is not the job of one country to tell the others who can and who can't have weapons. Enough with the hypocrisy already.

You can't have it one way and the other. It's either one way or the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Haines: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
Okay

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
gtown:

What is good for the goose is also good for the geese

You said that wrong.

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by kayjay69(m): 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2020
This was exactly what Obama saw and knew as he tried to redeem the US image by striking the JCPOA deal with Iran which has been dismissed by Mr know it all, I am always right, action man Trump.

Now look at where that has gotten them. They have the strongest military in the world, yes we know. But this is not 1980s, the Iranians know in an all out war they will probably lose but the US will never occupy Iran and they will suffer heavy casualties in such a war. Which is why as you see, they are restrained, they cannot attack Iran.

I know the madman Netanyahu wants this scenario, but look at what Iran did to the US military base in Iraq. Look at how precise their weapons are. It tells you one thing, in the event of a war, all US bases in that region will be lit up. Saudi Arabia will be lit up. Israel will be lit up. Yes Iran will suffer too but tell me what the point of a war is if you suffer so much casualties just to win? Wars are'nt fought that way, the US knows this which is why they will never attack Iran head on.

A strong Iran is needed in that region to checkmate Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Israel. Let everyone start respecting everyone else.

Quelme:
The US is on a decline, I don't see that trend coming to an end any time soon. The days of the US unilateralism and hegemony is over. I mean over....

Welcome to a multi polar world;

The European bloc......

The US and their willing puppet coz it seem to me the Europeans are not ready to play ball with the US anymore, no longer business as usual....

Russia and China.......

The others.......
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Mftivi: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
Murketeer:
See as Putin body dey boil ...He's looking for more Countries to sell weapons to...in order to continue their World Chaos...as long as some of these senseless countries keep fighting themselves ...and Putin and the others are able to Sell their weapons ...they are satisfied
I cant but marvel at the level of ignorance you displayed in that write up.

1 Like

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Mftivi: 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
anonymous1759:
Good job Iran . Protect your sovereignty at all cost from bullies. The only Reason the United States has not invaded Iran is because of the threat they posses if not Iran would be like Libya.

You can't eat your cake and have it. the United States breaking that Accord is a disrespect to other countries. Thanks to Russia and China for giving us a balanced If not Uncle Sam would have United States president in every country.

Live and let live if the United States citizens are worth protecting so dose every country's citizens. We don't need someone to look out for us . if any country needs external assistance they would call Allow Iran to protect themselves just like your Allies simple.
at least one informed person sighted.

2 Likes

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Mftivi: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
bigpicture001:

The day the US influence on world happening is no more.. The closer we all are to death....

Poepl like to hail China and Russia.. But they only represent bad news...

So one as a government is terrorizing oil ships, sponsoring terrorism against Saudi, Nigeria, Israel etc... All of over the world... The US is trying to twarth it... Yet Russia and China keeps blocking them....

I pray Iran's first nuclear bomb be unleashed in China and Russia nxt
here is not beer parlour bro, if you don't have anything to say read from others.

1 Like

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Mftivi: 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
bigpicture001:

I understand the US so more than you think you do......

The US is in exactly the same situation as PDP in Nigeria..... They are naija truly unity party.. They hv a better plan but have shortcomings.. But the people wouldn't see past her short comings and choose death over progress.. ND now they complain again...

The US has an aim to grow economically, ND military hardware sale coupled with very high tech machines hv put them in forefront Al these years... With that, they neglect little trade like spoon, rechargeable etc.... But they instill discipline all around the world. As usual not everyone likes to be led.... So China ND Russia broke away bd tried to rival the US

But regrettably, they are taking the wrong path, by supporting Terror govt. Stealing US. files on military hardware ND replicating production of the military hardware ND stealing all US customers in military trade. Naija doesn't buy big enough from US cuz they dnt hv money.... Naija then in the cuz of fighting terrorism.. Kill ND imprison lots of innocent people.. So the US blocked the sale of their military hardware to them... ND most importantly...

Naija army are careless and these specialized hardware are usually taken from them ND used on the people by Boko boiz...

Bro stop being sentimental abt the US.. They mean the best for u.... You cn never gain anything from rusdia ND China.. Trust me
lmao
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by odigbosky(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
anonymous1759:

I don't hate the USA I stand up for bully .

Do you know what the Chinese call the 8 power ? And what they went through in their hands? The 8 powers are English, French, German, American, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Austrian
Etc. go make a research on that .

America is using those countries you mentioned to checkmate their Perceived Enemy in exchange for business partnership wait until war breaks out before they attack the United States those countries that harbor USA based will go down first.

Your mentality is not different from the old goons we've in Abuja thinking international politics is all about loans,grants and economy benefits etc. world politics is power play these countries don't like each other but have respect for each other because of one thing Nuclear power.

India is still having problems with toilets but they've Nuclear weapons what about Pakistan? A struggling nations with a sophisticated weapon.
Iran got the logic that's why they do anything possible to have it even North Korea.

One question for you if war breaks out today do you think USA and UK will leave their citizens to defend Nigeria?

It's high time we stop Reasoning past Economic benefits.

So do you think the nuclear weapons Iran want are for the US, they want it for Israel. The current government in Iran is hostile towards Israel for religious issues. How many times do you hear Pakistani government come out to say she will wipe out Israel. The Nuclear arms Pakistan have is for India and the one India has is mainly for Pakistan. World politics is Power play and economic sphere of influence. If I bleed for you, you should be my buddy. As for the 8 power they were all trying to colonize China. Don't forget the Japanese were also nearly colonized.

States are like humans. Who doesn't bully. Before you bully you should have sacrificed a lot. The Chinese that are bullying their south east neighbours up and down what could they do for them in World war ll.

While we protested heaven and earth here because of sowore nothing happened, it was the US that made a move that got sowore and Dasuki free for Buhari. Russia and China doesn't give a damn about things like that.

The US is like that cult guy who hates when other cult members oppress other people. All you need do sometimes is just to acknowledge them as boss. Buy them one beer occasionally and they gat your back from the other bad guys.

1 Like

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
Joevics:
Aljazeera are still crying over the UAE and Israel normalization of relationship, and Trump's growing influence in the middle East.

We all know Iran would not be allowed to own nuclear weapons. No country will vote for that.
Not even China.
Sadly they don't need your permission to have one.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
Zane2point4:

If iran can shoot down there own intl commercial jet.
How do u trust them with nuclear warhead if i may ask?
What if that weapon fall into wrong hands like bokoharam??
Blc am sure if iran has it,it will blcome available in black market.
Sometime lets leave sentiment asides for our own safty.
The world is a global village now.
Cause America also shot down a civilian plane and your ass trust them with 900 nukes.Pakistan have over 200 nukes, how many make it way to black market?
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
bigpicture001:

Mk ur research, did US seize tanker B4 or after Iran blow up Saudi oil refineries..?

Did US seize tankers B4 Iran blew up over 50 civilian oil laden ships on the busiest ship route in the world's oil transportation..?

Did US seize oil ship, B4 Iran started paying hesbolla to destabilize Isreal..?

Was there a seizure of warship B4 Iran sponsored group wiped away people in a bid to take over Yemen..?

Oil ships were seized cuz Venezuela tried to trade with Iran, hence violating an international oil trade sanction on Iran.........
Which international sanction? There is a difference between American sanction and international sanction.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by authority2006(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
FrLukas:

I won't be surprised to find out that Iran is the one sponsoring Jihaddists in Africa.

But you sound like you would be surprised to find out that many countries had brought down civilian aeroplanes in error?
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Ayobami7(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
hmmmn okay
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by anonymous1759(m): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
odigbosky:

So do you think the nuclear weapons Iran want are for the US, they want it for Israel. The current government in Iran is hostile towards Israel for religious issues. How many times do you hear Pakistani government come out to say she will wipe out Israel. The Nuclear arms Pakistan have is for India and the one India has is mainly for Pakistan. World politics is Power play and economic sphere of influence. If I bleed for you, you should be my buddy. As for the 8 power they were all trying to colonize China. Don't forget the Japanese were also nearly colonized.

States are like humans. Who doesn't bully. Before you bully you should have sacrificed a lot. The Chinese that are bullying their south east neighbours up and down what could they do for them in World war ll.

While we protested heaven and earth here because of sowore nothing happened, it was the US that made a move that got sowore and Dasuki free for Buhari. Russia and China doesn't give a damn about things like that.

The US is like that cult guy who hates when other cult members oppress other people. All you need do sometimes is just to acknowledge them as boss. Buy them one beer occasionally and they gat your back from the other bad guys.

I can't fanthom if were agreeing or disagreeing on the same issue . Israel also poses a threat to Iran with USA. Iran is only trying to protect herself nothing wrong with that .

USA,Russia,china brags with nuclear weapons but haven't used it . Iran won't use their nuclear weapons just like that to Attack people.
I told you earlier these countries don't like each other but just respect themselves.

If war breaks out today your country will come first so every country is entitled to have Nuclear weapons to protect themselves.

America are hypocritical they believe everyone have access to guns in Their country but stops Iran from having Nuclear weapon that's double standard.
All I know is that Iran will complete her Nuclear weapon the USA has done their worse.

Russia and China also listen to countries if you invite them unlike USA that bullies un announced.

If not for Russia Syria won't be winning the war in their country, Maduro is a sitting president because of Russia and Iran is surviving because of Russia and China let me not forget North Korea .

If Ghadafi had alligned with Russia and China NATO won't dare invade Libya that was his grave mistake.

China and Russian teach you how to fish while Uncle Sam gives you fish for free so you won't catch up with him that's the Greek gift in disguise.

America will give you loans and will want to give you Economic policy to control the money . China will lend you and allow you do whatever you like with it. But take charge if you fail to repay that's how things are being done .

Russia barely interfe in countries internal affairs but the USA invade countries privacy but hate being invaded.

Nigeria wants to remain a baby nation forever but the likes of Iran and North Korea wants to upgrade. If these countries are allies with the USA they wouldn't oppose them .

If a country under NATO wants to posses a Nuclear weapon Much noise won't be made because it's a plus to them . Yes it's all a game Plan.

1 Like

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
authority2006:

But you sound like you would be surprised to find out that many countries had brought down civilian aeroplanes in error?

I'm not responsible for your assumptions based on how you think I should like.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by earnit3: 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
ohhh
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by dermmy(m): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
odigbosky:

Go and ask people in Eastern Europe and former Soviet blocks what it means to be under Russia's influence. You guys don't seem to understand what the US has done. The US raised the economies of many European nations after the world war. From Greece to Germany and even the French. Were where the French when Hitler over ran them. France is not even suppose to be on the Security council as a permanent member. The French always want to behave like ungrateful people. Two times the US and UK came to save them from annihilation. Winston Churchill was happy when Hitler attacked the Americans and he knew the war would change.

Ordinary Chinese who are above 50 years will tell you that it was America who saved them from the Japanese. When the Japanese built an empire for themselves in South east Asia, it was America who came to liberate these nations. From the jungles of Indonesia to Manchuria, the US bled for countries that are ingrates.

People always say it's about resources or oil
Tell me what resources did South Korea have that the US fought for her. Ordinary small Liberia and Sierra Leone where Nigeria troops died in their numbers, do you know how we influence their policies.

When a nation bleeds for you
Fights to ensure liberty is not destroyed, the best you can do is appreciate her. You people don't know what the US has done for the world.

Today China is dealing with smaller nations around her and they are all crying for the US. Take it or leave it, the US will always remain the balance on the scale of Justice in the world.

Don't let your hate spoil things
Appreciate the greatest Nation the world has ever seen.

This is not true. America didn't rescue China from Japan, it was Mao Zedong's communist forces that drove imperial Japanes troops out of China. America was even wary of sending troops to China because they knew how costly it would have been for them. But they sent money and weapons to the corrupt dictator Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek and instead of using the money and the weapons to fight the japanese he invested the money into real estate and used the weapons to fight Mao Zedong. And America threw its support behind Chiang Kai-Shek because of its own imperial ambitions in China you can read what they call the The China Lobby

Chiang Kai Chek lived a care free and opulent life while the japanese occupied Manchuria, Nanking and other parts of China. One of the reasons ordinary Chinese fell out with him and threw their support behind Mao Zedong, Mao was a charismatic leader impregnated with Tsun Tzu military thinking he was careful not to engage Chiang Kai-Chek in a conventional battle instead he used guerrilla tactics to defeat Chiang and expelled the Japanese out of China and declared the people's republic of China in 1949.

The only operation american troops came to do in China was Operation Beleaguer It was a transfer operation and not fighting cause the Japanese had been defeated. Though Chiang kai chek used U.S mercenaries in his fight against the japs but they were crushed by the Japanese forces.

The Korea was liberated by Soviet and American troops and both countries shared the the Koreas after U.S parted it into two along the 38th parallel. It's not always about oil but about other resources and influence. America didn't annex Hawaii in 1893 because of oil but because Hawaii was America's gateway to Asia and the pacific.

U.S occupies most of the Islands it liberated from Japan to this day so U.S was only fighting for its own selfish interest when it was fighting Japan during WW2.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by ponziponzi(m): 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
r
bigpicture001:

Bro u are not a media person.. I am...

The media most often report news that attracts attention... Did the media not report Britain's handover of Hong Kong to China..? It does..

Did the western media not report. The cert fast growth of the Chinese economy..? It does

Does the western media not report the fair and always examples of Ghana democracy..? It does

Does the western media not report innoson unbelievable success. They did cuz I watched it on CNN.

Bro.. Africa is underdeveloped.. ND many bad things happening.. Evn here on nairaland, which type of news makes the most headlines.. Good or bad..?.

I guess that settles that cuz it's just ur imagination that u are not fairly reported about..

Now to African Americans. Yes, they were maltreated. If which the whites realized and put a stop to it. At least institutional... But this also happened to the jews who have long moved in and are now gaining so much respect from other part of the world whila the AA, are busy crying through more that 19 decades....

NO institutional decrimination exist in the US. Cops and some people stil descriminate but on their personal scale of which if you find prove.. They are tried for it... Who support non progressive people... Pity that would rather wallow in self pity....

Same opportunities availed to them are what African migrants have ceased and made a better life for themselves... History is history and cannot be brought back. Corrections have been made through lot of legalised institutional changes.. But these set of people done want to move on....

Open ur eys bro.. ND know what you support and stop to allow emotions entangle ur self reasoning

I don't have strength for these back and forth. It is just senseless and my last response.

If you are a media person as you claim, you should know that stories you tell about people need to be balanced. Stories about African, India, China, Mexico, the Middle East, etc. are not balanced in the West. They have always been told through a particular lens that is meant to stereotype people in a specific way. I know this because people still ask me silly questions about Africa in 2020. In the beginning, when I was in college, I get annoyed at these questions, but I have come to understand that it isn't their fault, it is what the media feeds them - that is just what they see and hear about these places. I don't ask western media to show Africa as a paradise, no place is, but if you want to tell stories about Africa, tell it like the people there are human beings and not just some savages. Don't stereotype them. BTW, the CNN you see in Africa is different for what you see in America.

It would help if you listened to this TED talk by Chimamanda; it's a good summary on how dangerous stereotypes can be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg

Forgive me, but you sounded ignorant about the AAs. I understand that many Africans don't know much about AA, we were never taught about them in schools, and our parents don't know much either. We see them as black people in a country like America, who have refused to take the opportunities around them. Many things make people, as a group succeed in life; it is not just about opportunities. You must first have confidence that you can do something meaningful in life and that your contributions matter, all these don't come easily. African immigrants coming into the US have one thing the AA don't, the confidence that they can succeed. They have a rich family background, historical understanding of who they are, their place in the US society and have seen people around the reach great height. AAs have been robbed of all these for centuries. The AAs have had to battle with generational institutional racism that has put them at a socioeconomic and PSYCHOLOGICAL disadvantage which African immigrants have never experienced. They can't just move on as you suggested, no one can. I hope the Aboriginals in the US, Canada and Australia can also move on to succeed, and I believe they also wish that too, it is not that easy. To be candid, even without racism, I think they can't move on.

I'm not emotional about anything, I don't care about China or Russia. I live in the West and enjoy the democrazy that I couldn't stay back to fight for in my country. However, the truth is the truth. Which country has started more wars than the US in the last 50 years? No country comes close sef.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by daysoo: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
bigpicture001:

Dozens of oil tankers were suddenly destroyed with bombs on the very busy oil laden ship waterway near Saudi Arabia last year.. Who did it..?

IRAN SPONSORS terrorism in Nigeria.. You haven't heard of it... They evn threatened the country when the radical Muslim leader was arrested...

Iran shoots down her own persenger plane cuz the believe the Iranians on board are not patriotic, hence they try to flee to the west when war was looming with the US

Iran sponsors hesbollah in Lebanon with the sole aim of giving Isreal discomfort

Iran sponsors another group which constantly attacks Saudi Arabia.. ND recently blowing up 4 Saudi Arabia oil refineries....

Plz list one terror Saudi commits...

ND please Don call Yemen.. Cuz what Saudi is doing there is trying to prevent the same Iran sponsored terror group from toppling the govt. Dou with large casualties....

Iran is a terror nation.. I know u love anything anti US. But mny atimes you people do it without even deep reasoning......

Iran is a Shia Muslim country while Nigeria Muslim are Sunni.Iran can only sponsor Shai terrorism.Saudi is the main sponsor of terrorism in Nigeria...
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by odigbosky(m): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
dermmy:

This is not true. America didn't rescue China from Japan, it was Mao Zedong's communist forces that drove imperial Japanes troops out of China. America was even wary of sending troops to China because they knew how costly it would have been for them. But they sent money and weapons to the corrupt dictator Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek and instead of using the money and the weapons to fight the japanese he invested the money into real estate and used the weapons to fight Mao Zedong. And America threw its support behind Chiang Kai-Shek because of its own imperial ambitions in China you can read what they call the The China Lobby

Chiang Kai Chek lived a care free and opulent life while the japanese occupied Manchuria, Nanking and other parts of China. One of the reasons ordinary Chinese fell out with him and threw their support behind Mao Zedong, Mao was a charismatic leader impregnated with Tsun Tzu military thinking he was careful not to engage Chiang Kai-Chek in a conventional battle instead he used guerrilla tactics to defeat Chiang and expelled the Japanese out of China and declared the people's republic of China in 1949.

The only operation american troops came to do in China was Operation Beleaguer It was a transfer operation and not fighting cause the Japanese had been defeated. Though Chiang kai chek used U.S mercenaries in his fight against the japs but they were crushed by the Japanese forces.

The Korea was liberated by the Soviet and American troops and both countries shared the the Koreas after U.S parted it into two along the 38th parallel. Oh yea it's not always about oil but about other resources and influence. America didn't annex Hawaii in 1893 because of oil but because Hawaii was America's gateway to Asia and the pacific.

U.S occupies most of the Islands it seized from Japan to this day so U.S was only fighting for its own selfish interest when it was fighting Japan during WW2.

I beg to differ
The Japanese only left Manchuria because America declared war on them and the Pacific became a hot bed. They had to concentrate their forces elsewhere. It was not that the Americans were fighting the Japs in China. The fact that the Americans were dealing with Japs, it made both the Communist and Nationalist come together to fight the Japs. This is what ordinary Chinese will tell you. They will tell you that the US helped them. When the Japs left, the Communist routed the nationalist and drove them to the sea.
The Japanese attacked the Americans first, how can you say that is selfish. The Americans were already in the Philippines before the Japanese invasion. The Japanese attacked the Americans to distract them from what's going on in Asia. The Japanese had once beaten the Russians and they were engaging them inside Chinese territory close to Mongolia. The Americans only occupied these territories after the war for strategic reasons. Do you know that Guam is the most developed nation in Micronesia, thanks to the US. What does Guam have?
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by authority2006(m): 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
FrLukas:

I'm not responsible for your assumptions based on how you think I should like.

Come again
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by odigbosky(m): 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
anonymous1759:

I can't fanthom if were agreeing or disagreeing on the same issue . Israel also poses a threat to Iran with USA. Iran is only trying to protect herself nothing wrong with that .

USA,Russia,china brags with nuclear weapons but haven't used it . Iran won't use their nuclear weapons just like that to Attack people.
I told you earlier these countries don't like each other but just respect themselves.

If war breaks out today your country will come first so every country is entitled to have Nuclear weapons to protect themselves.

America are hypocritical they believe everyone have access to guns in Their country but stops Iran from having Nuclear weapon that's double standard.
All I know is that Iran will complete her Nuclear weapon the USA has done their worse.

Russia and China also listen to countries if you invite them unlike USA that bullies un announced.

If not for Russia Syria won't be winning the war in their country, Maduro is a sitting president because of Russia and Iran is surviving because of Russia and China let me not forget North Korea .

If Ghadafi had alligned with Russia and China NATO won't dare invade Libya that was his grave mistake.

China and Russian teach you how to fish while Uncle Sam gives you fish for free so you won't catch up with him that's the Greek gift in disguise.

America will give you loans and will want to give you Economic policy to control the money . China will lend you and allow you do whatever you like with it. But take charge if you fail to repay that's how things are being done .

Russia barely interfe in countries internal affairs but the USA invade countries privacy but hate being invaded.

Nigeria wants to remain a baby nation forever but the likes of Iran and North Korea wants to upgrade. If these countries are allies with the USA they wouldn't oppose them .

If a country under NATO wants to posses a Nuclear weapon Much noise won't be made because it's a plus to them . Yes it's all a game Plan.

The world doesn't need a nuclear race but I understand it is a necessity. Back to Uncle Sam's loans, I think it's because Africans are super corrupt and nothing else. Can you compare what uncle Sam did in south Korea today and what's in North Korea. Look at every country today that embraces uncle Sam, I notice that they become economically strong but weak military except few.

We all know the success story of China today was when she opened up to Uncle Sam and the West for investment. The CCP needed it badly as a life line. Uncle Sam is not perfect, yes but uncle Sam has given so much to the world. That's my point, let's not even deny that. America as a Nation has done more for the world now than any other country.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
authority2006:

Come again

Sorry. Autocorrect.

I'm not responsible for your assumptions based on how you think I sound like.

You know what they say about assumptions, right?
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
Bigchristo:
So the US has never done accidental discharge before? Have you heard of the US throwing Bomb on a wedding in Afghanistan thinking it was a terrorist gathering? Y’all always act so hypocrites when it comes to Issues between US and other countries where as the real terrorist organizations are being funded by the US.

I'm not talking about the US, I'm talking about Iran, a nation that can barely get anything right.

One day they'll accidentally release atomic bomb.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by hammed71(m): 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
The day Nigeria starts developing interests in acquiring nuclear weapons that's the day we start becoming the enemies of USA and the west.
Will Nigeria get to that level? I don't know probably in the next 200years
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Zane2point4(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

Cause America also shot down a civilian plane and your ass trust them with 900 nukes.Pakistan have over 200 nukes, how many make it way to black market?
You simply don't understand.
This isn't a moral or political stuff.
Its about taking off the WMA off potential and dangerously known terrorist sponsors.
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
Zane2point4:

You simply don't understand.
This isn't a moral or political stuff.
Its about taking off the WMA off potential and dangerously known terrorist sponsors.
And American is not a known terrorist sponsor? Who created Alquida,Taliban,Isis,support coup and rabels in Africa and south America?
Re: UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo by gtown: 10:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
FrLukas:

You said that wrong.

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Whatever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Best Presidents in African History / Boko Haram Kills 24 Chadian Soldiers In Lake Chad Area / Zambia's Scott Becomes Africa's First White Leader In 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.