Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate (12487 Views)

Accept My Leadership Or Leave, Obaseki Tells Edo PDP Members / Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees / I Won't Issue Fresh Proclamation For Edo Assembly, Obaseki Tells APC, Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Amotolongbo(f): 7:35am On Aug 15, 2020
[quote]Edo State Governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Godwin Obaseki, has warned electorates in the state ahead of the September 19 election not to go home, but to stay and defend their votes to avoid any form of manipulation.

The governor noted that the people must not listen to instructions of anyone to go home, adding that the development of the state was in their hands.

Obaseki stated these on Friday while addressing supporters in Ward 6, Ukhuse in the Owan West Local Government Area of the state, during his reelection campaign rally in the LGA.

The governor said, “On September 19, 2020, come out and vote massively for the PDP and make sure you stay back in your polling units to defend your vote to avoid manipulation.

“Don’t listen to them when they ask you to go home or even threaten you. If you obey them, they will manipulate the results.

“My coming to Ukhuse is homecoming; Four years ago, I couldn’t get to you people because of the bad road, but I made sure I constructed the road for easy transportation. Now you can move your commodities to the market and the next village for sales.

“The development of Edo is in your hands. Come out with your Permanent Voters Cards and vote for the PDP and I will make sure I keep all my promises to you all.”

A PDP chieftain, Kenneth Imasuangbon, at the rally, urged the people not to be intimidated by threats of violence, adding that they must rise up against political godfathers in the state.

Meanwhile, the governor has approved outstanding promotions in the state public service.

According to a letter, August 4, with Reference Number, HOS 563/2, the Head of Service, Anthony Okungbowa, said, “The Edo State Government has approved outstanding promotions in the state Public service. Ministries, Departments and Agencies are by this announcement directed to commence the process of the promotion exercise of eligible officers without delay.”

Also, the immediate past Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Alhaji Kabiru Adjoto, has approached the Edo State High Court in Benin, to seek a restraining order to prevent his alleged imminent arrest.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that according to court documents, Adjoto is seeking protection of court to enforce his fundamental human rights and also prevent his “imminent arrest by some security agencies.

https://punchng.com/dont-go-home-defend-your-votes-obaseki-tells-edo-electorate/?amp=1

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Chelseanababa(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2020
Thief Obaseki, don't forget to tell your children also to wait and defend their votes. #WEDONWISE

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 15, 2020
On a normal circumstance, what is expected of an eligible voter is to come to his/her polling station, vote quietly, "GO HOME" and wait for the result not to remain in their polling station to "Defend" votes... Reasons why we allow security agents around the polling centers is to ensure that there's orderliness....

But because we're a backward nation always retrogressing, citizens are now task to defend their votes.

This is not right.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by tamdun: 7:41am On Aug 15, 2020
Werey, wait and die for nothing, all Naija politicians are the same, wetin be work of police?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by babyfaceafrica: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2020
Wait faya.. So that hoodlums can kill them àbí.. What happened to those that wait in Kogi, bayelsa at imky?,.. Are his own children waiting at poling unit?.. Selfish politicians

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Slawormir: 8:07am On Aug 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Don't worry our wake and see governor...
You are a real niggarrr and ambode is a pussy asss niggarrr

We will wait..we will defend our votes......we die here..we go see how APC want take rigg this election...I pray and hope make buhari nor interfere just the same way Jonathan nor take interfere in 2012

Edo people dey obaseki back
Only thieves and the likes of kabaka are supporting ize Iyamu
RPG2020:

Go Kabaka area go talk like this nor be for Nairaland only damn nigarr wey you go talk seeya in next Life damn nigarr
How you dey reason kabaka..you think say na super man...
I fit go anywhere for Edo state including kabaka area go shout and nothing go happen....if he try anything then the hood nor go dey safe for anybody..... because my family rugged... grandmother( mother to my mummy) na mixed blood.. mixture of ogbe and upper blood

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Nicoddemus(m): 8:07am On Aug 15, 2020
Who wants to vote for you in the first place tongue

You were smuggled from Lagos and imposed on innocent Edo people by the short devil; now you want acceptance from the same people you cheated after rebelling from your taskmaster

The truth is that you're not standing for the people but for personal interest. However we will vote for you because you're a lesser evil compared to Pst Ize-Nyamu. If Nigeria is a sane country people like you will have no business with politics sad

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Tflex01: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2020
They should defend their votes with their own lives just to make you governor for another 4 years Interesting!

Hope your family members will "defend" their votes too

cool

35 Likes

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Odunayomi247(m): 8:09am On Aug 15, 2020
Wait kee you there
Na who one die

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by zeusdgrt(m): 8:09am On Aug 15, 2020
Yes we will, obaseki always on point

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Tflex01: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2020
Those that die fighting for Nigeria politicians (Whether PDP or APC) do not deserve any burial rites.

Their bodies should be fed to dogs.

10 Likes

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Trumpcard05: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2020
We’ll wait, defend our votes and victory for Obaseki is sure 4+4 torgba

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by lathrowinger: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2020
Congratulation in advance, ize iyamu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Tflex01: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Don't worry our wake and see governor...
You are a real niggarrr and ambode is a pussy asss niggarrr

We will wait...we die here

Lol... Fake ass Niggar that doesn't even have voter's card.

grin

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by ForeThinker: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2020
The die is casted
Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by muchroom(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2020
This Edo election gives a whole new meaning to Shamelessness. He did not forget to tell the people that the last time he came it was on the platform of APC while the other pastor was on the platform of PDP and how they both have no shame provided political power is theirs. This is not about service to the people Mr Obaseki. Call all your political benefactors to stay back and defend votes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by drstainlex: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2020
Obaseki this one na old format wey we use...
They won't fall for it anymore

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Amspecial: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2020
grin
Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by tesppidd: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2020
grin grin

Defend votes for this corona?

That day you will know that Oshiomole and INEC will remember to observe covid 19 protocols.

Vote and go home so you don't contract and spread covid 19 grin grin grin

Edo is not Abia.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by fatymore(f): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2020
And get killed

Tell that to your kids.

Make una hear.. don't die for any politician ooo.

4by6 with 4pcs/6by7 with 2pcs. 3500

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by jamata20: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2020
Obaseki the real niggurrrr

Obaseki the real niggurrrr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by ojun50(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2020
Yes
Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2020
If your children and all your family members go wait no problem

6 Likes

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by frankmoney(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2020
Obaseki make sure your children are also at the polling unit defending their votes to o . You know how violent Nigerian election can be and you want other people to stay and defend you

1 Like

Re: Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate by okeyumez(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2020
Why not tell your children, brothers and family members to wait and defend your vote. Selfish and blood sucking Scammers

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeazu To Commission Eziukwu Road, Milverton Avenue, Ojike Lane Aba / Zamfara To Spend N200million On ‘repentant’ Bandits In 2021 / Mele Kyari: Nigeria Will Stop Importing Petroleum Products By Mid-2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.