Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Opening Igboland For International Trade.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opening Igboland For International Trade.. (295 Views)

Ndigbo Report Gov. Soludo To Two Powerful Deities In Igboland For Attacking Obi / Has Fulani Herdsmen Left Igboland For Good? / Many Nigerians Actually Don't Know that Nelson mandela Hid In Igboland For years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening Igboland For International Trade.. by Goodmarlian: 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2020
Last time I visited Aba and onitsha I was nearly driven to tears when I see they creativity and productiviy of these people,Aba is the Tokyo of Nigeria there is absolutely nothing that is not produced in Aba shoes, underwears,bags, clothings etc..a city land aba deserves a to have a nearby seaport it is makes absolutely to economic sense that they will still need to transport these good thousands of kilometres to Lagos to get these good exported.

Politically the southeast is structured in a way to ensure it doesn't have access to the outside world I believe this is one reason why it's somehow backward economically, notwithstanding there is still an option and if all the governors in the southeast can agree to put hands together towards achieving it will materialise in just a year and Aba will eventually turn Lagos..it is the imo river.the imo river is the best option igboland has to get access to the sea because of two reasons..

(1) of all rivers in the southeast it is the closest to the sea with just 25 nautical miles.

2)it's banks are covered with with dense mangrove forests so the dredging processing would not affect local inhabitants.

A river port in ukwa West or East will bring a lot of economic development in Abia state and the southeast as a whole .If only our governors know the economic development seaports brings to a region..

Re: Opening Igboland For International Trade.. by Simplyleo: 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2020
[s]
Goodmarlian:
Last time I visited Aba and onitsha I was nearly driven to tears when I see they creativity and productiviy of these people,Aba is the Tokyo of Nigeria there is absolutely nothing that is not produced in Aba shoes, underwears,bags, clothings etc..a city land aba deserves a to have a nearby seaport it is makes absolutely to economic sense that they will still need to transport these good thousands of kilometres to Lagos to get these good exported.

Politically the southeast is structured in a way to ensure it doesn't have access to the outside world I believe this is one reason why it's somehow backward economically, notwithstanding there is still an option and if all the governors in the southeast can agree to put hands together towards achieving it will materialise in just a year and Aba will eventually turn Lagos..it is the imo river.the imo river is the best option igboland has to get access to the sea because of two reasons..

(1) of all rivers in the southeast it is the closest to the sea with just 25 nautical miles.

2)it's banks are covered with with dense mangrove forests so the dredging processing would not affect local inhabitants.

A river port in ukwa West or East will bring a lot of economic development in Abia state and the southeast as a whole .If only our governors know the economic development seaports being to a region..

[/s]
Where is Kanu? angry
Re: Opening Igboland For International Trade.. by helinues: 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
We are talking of international Sea port this one is talking about International Canoe port
Re: Opening Igboland For International Trade.. by mightyhazell: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
Great points.. and like u rightly pointed out,we are not entirely handicapped towards surmounting these odds.. But our useless eastern govnors would rather attempt to buy up propties in Abuja and Lagos with the Igbo common wealth..

A step in the right direction will be having our own choices as leaders,not having Abuja stooges foisted on us..

1 Like

Re: Opening Igboland For International Trade.. by mightyhazell: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
Goodmarlian:

You are foolish..jobless bigot..
You should learn to ignore trolls who are real life frustrated and near suicidal nobodies,but feeling fly all over faceless forums..where even vagrants can claim to be successful investors

1 Like

Re: Opening Igboland For International Trade.. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
The same shit we hear everyday but still nothing has happen
Re: Opening Igboland For International Trade.. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Where is Kanu? angry

Kanu is not the government
Re: Opening Igboland For International Trade.. by adadike(f): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
No be lie my dear. We have bad leaders. Ndi ohanaeze too are not helping matter. The group that wants to donate 500 bullion for Igbo presidency should start thinking towards that aspect

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please How Can I Get The INEC’s Official Email Address? / Sanwoolu, Ayade, Ganduje Nominated For 'best Gov Of The Year Against COVID-19' / "We Were Assured Of The Support Of Esan People By His Royal Highness, Sylvanus I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.