Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

Has Fulani Herdsmen Left Igboland For Good? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Fulani Herdsmen Left Igboland For Good? (563 Views)

REWIND: In 2013, Fani- Kayode Said He Has Fulani Blood In Him / Many Nigerians Actually Don't Know that Nelson mandela Hid In Igboland For years / President Akuffo Addo Is A Hypocrite. Ghana Also Has Fulani Herdsmen Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Fulani Herdsmen Left Igboland For Good? by proeast(m): 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2021
I'm asking this question out of curiosity. In the past, you can't stay a few days or a week at most without seeing fulani herdsmen moving their cattle, sometimes even within the city centre. It used to be a common site, however things seem to have changed. I can't remember the last time I saw fulani herdsmen either in the city or even in the surrounding rural areas.

Now, considering that SE governors once banned open grazing which we all thought was empty rhetoric. Likewise, IPOB and ESN have equally warned the Herdsmen to stay away from Igboland and were clamping down on them in the bushes before they had clashes with the police.

So, what could be the reason why fulani herdsmen appear to be avoiding Igboland?
Re: Has Fulani Herdsmen Left Igboland For Good? by zickyclef: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2021
Devil know him mate.
Useless mod always deleting my post
https://www.nairaland.com/6702590/burial-33-muslim-travellers-killed
When Fulani kills innocent people they call it herders farmers crisis but when the people retaliate you call it christian killing Muslim.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Fulani Herdsmen Left Igboland For Good? by EndNigeriaNoow: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
proeast:
I'm asking this question out of curiosity. In the past, you can't stay a few days or a week at most without seeing fulani herdsmen moving their cattle, sometimes even within the city centre. It used to be a common site, however things seem to have changed. I can't remember the last time I saw fulani herdsmen either in the city or even in the surrounding rural areas.

Now, considering that SE governors once banned open grazing which we all thought was empty rhetoric. Likewise, IPOB and ESN have equally warned the Herdsmen to stay away from Igboland and were clamping down on them in the bushes before they had clashes with the police.

So, what could be the reason why fulani herdsmen appear to be avoiding Igboland?
They came to attack Ebonyi and Enugu through Benue border last week but ESN sent 20 to God and the rest ran back to the north.

2 Likes

Re: Has Fulani Herdsmen Left Igboland For Good? by teamoneline: 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
They came to attack Ebonyi and Enugu through Benue border last week but ESN sent 20 to God and the rest ran back to the north.

This is what esn should have been doing and not be engaging army and police knowing fully well that they are not equipped enough. By the way God protect them.
Re: Has Fulani Herdsmen Left Igboland For Good? by Valkrie: 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2021
teamoneline:

This is what esn should have been doing and not be engaging army and police knowing fully well that they are not equipped enough. By the way God protect them.

The attack from the army is fulani ploy to distract the esn and engage them in other front...its planned but failed miserably....!!!

(1) (Reply)

Okowa Congratulates U.S Naval Officer, Oraka-onojeje. / Jos Crisis:gov Lalong Gave 100k..to 45,000 UJ Students / Sharia Court Sentences Kannywood Actress To 6-month Islamiyya Class For “sexual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.