Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs (42454 Views)

Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart / Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year / Burna Boy’s "Twice As Tall" Album Launched In London (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Lamiri(m): 1:08am On Aug 16, 2020
Ykc2:
That time wey d banj dey shout eja nla up and down today where is the eja plus the nla grin grin grin grin grin nothing last forever after he dbanj finished kneeling down for snoop dog wetin happen ? Na this forum awo otimkpu dbanj no dey allow us hear world how the dbanj will be bigger than drake and don jazzy join grin
Eja nla don enta soup cheesy

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Olaseun1470: 1:55am On Aug 16, 2020
I just confirmed my second withdrawal in a space of 3 days. It's Legit and paying guys.. Don't sleep on this..
If you know about bitcoin and want to make good profits in bitcoin, trade with trustfore limited. Begin with as little as $50 to start earning.
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Ilaje1: 2:01am On Aug 16, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:
Wow! Are you sure?
I beg to disagree.

We heard "Make I tell dem the Koko" and "Mo bo lowo won" before "You are my African queen".

That's what I think.

Lol. D'banj came out in 2004 or so. Tuface has been around since '98 or '97 self. He was featured by Tony Tetuila in Omode Meta and also Ogogoro (Ogogoro be like woman...). Tuface is Eedris and Tetuila contemporaries in a way. In fact there still 10s of musicians who made hit song before D'banj (and P-Square) took over.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Ilaje1: 2:04am On Aug 16, 2020
ikorodureporta:
I neva hear d songs.. Never liked any of his songs as 'classics'..... my own concern na how d original "Prince" of afrobeat go dey feel cheesy

Instead of to reinvent him style, seun still dey sing fela style of afrobeat, & him dey expect to blow cheesy

Afrobeat is different from Afrobeats. Afrobeat is Fela while British named naija hip-pop/pop Afrobeats. Notice the 's'. Burna named his as afro fusion.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Ilaje1: 2:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Creeza:
True. Same happens everywhere. Even if we say the album is entirely not good enough which I still doubt, we can say the same for many other albums...
from different Nigerian artists... But tbh , you and I know that not every song from the playlist would be a favorite.

Personally, I picked : Monsters You Made ( reasons best known to me... Gives me this nostalgic feeling of action and crime thrillers ... Yeah .. but that's by the way.) as a favorite. I even believe it will be adopted as a hit movie's soundtrack soon enough... It would be fun to see someone like Chris Hemsworth( Don't know if that's the correct spelling. You know him as Thor from the Marvel Cinematic Universe) star in movie like Extraction 2. A gun battle scene maybe escape scene involving shootouts and Burna's “ Monsters you made” playing in the background. Mehn... Imagine that... Such a great feeling I swear.

Others from the album I enjoyed are : 23, Time Flies and Bank on It.

So pick yours. You simply can't love everything.

But saying the album is wack. Nah! bro! you lack taste for good music... Or you just simply a fellow artist hating for no reason. ( Even Writers do it too- we get jealous sometimes when our competition surpass what we benchmarked for them)

Just get over it. Live life. Celebrate others and one day your turn will come. Peace.

It is funny how you people call someone with a divergent view a name, "lack taste for good music". Can you list the criteria for good music? Most of the songs in the album are boring. I think he lay more emphasis of passing message across than making the songs exciting. However, he forgot people feel music first before feeling the message or listening to the lyrics. Also for me, 2 much of auto tune. Sounds are similar, little divergence. That being said, it might grow on someone with time. But will take his last album over this.

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by King123456: 2:44am On Aug 16, 2020
It has been on replay in the last 24 hours in my home. I bet Nigerians won't appreciate the piece of work. It's truly an album that deserves album of the year. The one part I don't really like are the skits in the album - the skits are of western origins and voices. The sound and beats remains Afro and even though it is produced by Diddy the album still contains the original Burna sound. Burna sounds are timeless and unique. Good album overall.

Modified:

The last time I listen to an album that was overall enjoyable was Tubaba' Grass 2 Grace. Burna's Twice As Tall has no bad song, maybe just one weak tract. And no one can listen to that album and not find at least 3 songs enjoyable. I know this cos my fiancee doesn't fancy most Naija songs; she calls them noise but she still expressed love for about 3 different tracts. So there's something for everyone except the haters or those who think Burna, Wiz and Davido could not called greats at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Creeza(m): 3:34am On Aug 16, 2020
Ilaje1:

It is funny how you people call someone with a divergent view a name, "lack taste for good music". Can you list the criteria for good music? Most of the songs in the album are boring. I think he lay more emphasis of passing message across than making the songs exciting. However, he forgot people feel music first before feeling the message or listening to the lyrics. Also for me, 2 much of auto tune. Sounds are similar, little divergence. That being said, it might grow on someone with time. But will take his last album over this.

A good song must be made of good lyrics and melody that is pleasant to enjoy. It is believed that a good song can helps its audience to feel good and get de-stressed. A good song speaks of positive feeling and help in creating a balance in sensitivity, and natural purgation of positive emotions. - according to Google .

Bad music? –many things qualify a song bad. being too repetitive, using chord structures that do not fit well together, bad players, bad singers, bad rhythms, sometimes people will use the same beat or chords for many songs and once you hear that so many times it gets annoying, and many other factors can make a bad song.

Check the Calibre of people he collabed with on this project. I' don't know about you but With Someone like Chris Martin of Coldplay , Naughty by Nature or even our own African Cold play (pun intended here) Sauti Sol then Burna's current album makes the mark of good music.

Our Nigerian music industry is saturated with so much noise with meaningless lyrics. Ahh! let me not even start with the stupid #challenges they do to self promote. Atleast when we get someone who gives us something different we should be grateful.

Or are you saying he should have Zlatan Ibile on this one. That reminds me how often do you still play Killin Dem ? Noise that would have been wack had it not been burna spiced it up.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:36am On Aug 16, 2020
costandi:
Like if you think Burna boy will be the first Naija artist to win a Grammy.

Sade Adu
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Creeza(m): 3:39am On Aug 16, 2020
King123456:
It has been on replay in the last 24 hours in my home. I bet Nigerians won't appreciate the piece of work. It's truly an album that deserves album of the year. The one part I don't really like are the skits in the album - the skits are of western origins and voices. The sound and beats remains Afro and even though it is produced by Diddy the album still contains the original Burna sound. Burna sounds are timeless and unique. Good album overall.

Modified:

The last time I listen to an album that was overall enjoyable was Tubaba' Grass 2 Grace. Burna's Twice As Tall has no bad song, maybe just one weak tract. And no one can listen to that album and not find at least 3 songs enjoyable. I know this cos my fiancee doesn't fancy most Naija songs; she calls them noise but she still expressed love for about 3 different tracts. So there's something for everyone except the haters or those who think Burna, Wiz and Davido could not called greats at the same time.

You made a very good point here. Same thing Diddy said in the second track "Alarm Clock".

What you call yourself matters. Burnaboy made a claim to be the African Giant and He walked the talk by becoming Twice as Tall. He is not bragging or downgrading other artistes. He is just being himself and very confident with the fact that he is giving his best

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Incandescent(m): 4:14am On Aug 16, 2020
Burna ma pa mi grin grin.

Too much love for Burna boy.
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by opebiboy: 4:32am On Aug 16, 2020
Russellval:

Are you for real?
African Queen came out in 2004 while D'Banj's Tongolo was 2006
lol. Tuface was already a household name in 1999. Along with plantashun boiz. I did solo songs that were in 1999 as well. He blew that same year when he was featured by Tony Tetuila along side ruff, rugged and raw on the track omode meta. That was the number song in 1999
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Vacora(m): 4:33am On Aug 16, 2020
My favourite tracks so far - No Fit Vex, 23, Bebo, Comma, Time Flies and Bank on It. What an album!! A cohesive body of work. He has surpassed and defied expectations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by nodullin(m): 4:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Twice as Tall - got no bad songs (a few might not be A list songs , but definitely not bad).

My favs.
Bank On it.
No Fit Vex
Monsters you made.
Bebo

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Okuda(m): 5:37am On Aug 16, 2020
Adex2442:
Like for burna boy share for davido

stop being a fooool.
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Okuda(m): 5:38am On Aug 16, 2020
ishowdotgmail:
3. Burna Boy
2. Davido
1. Wizkid

Starboy is the best African artist

you too. refer to last post on fooool.
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Okuda(m): 5:39am On Aug 16, 2020
Gspotlicker:
Hype too push this album

Promoters really dey work grin

what do you expect? make them no promote ni?
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Hermes119: 5:51am On Aug 16, 2020
Creeza:
You lack taste for good music... I'm sorry.

Guard your heart, your ears and your eyes because through them, anything gets to yur soul. Stop listening to crap from Naira Marley and zlatan that will soon go into Oblivion... Forgotten like they never existed.

He may not be wrong
Although I havent listened to most of the songs I just listened to "Level up" and I was disappointed
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by DSoj(m): 6:38am On Aug 16, 2020
Album of the yr in just 3 days? Diddy is executive producer. Its self glorification and marketing
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by encryptjay(m): 6:48am On Aug 16, 2020
Creeza:

You made a very good point here. Same thing Diddy said in the second track "Alarm Clock".

What you call yourself matters. Burnaboy made a claim to be the African Giant and He walked the talk by becoming Twice as Tall. He is not bragging or downgrading other artistes. He is just being himself and very confident with the fact that he is giving his best
You write so beautifully. Was going through your previous posts and you admitted you were a writer.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by cardoctor(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2020
All correct
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Godsknight(m): 7:34am On Aug 16, 2020
Creeza:
True. Same happens everywhere. Even if we say the album is entirely not good enough which I still doubt, we can say the same for many other albums...
from different Nigerian artists... But tbh , you and I know that not every song from the playlist would be a favorite.

Personally, I picked : Monsters You Made ( reasons best known to me... Gives me this nostalgic feeling of action and crime thrillers ... Yeah .. but that's by the way.) as a favorite. I even believe it will be adopted as a hit movie's soundtrack soon enough... It would be fun to see someone like Chris Hemsworth( Don't know if that's the correct spelling. You know him as Thor from the Marvel Cinematic Universe) star in movie like Extraction 2. A gun battle scene maybe escape scene involving shootouts and Burna's “ Monsters you made” playing in the background. Mehn... Imagine that... Such a great feeling I swear.

Others from the album I enjoyed are : 23, Time Flies and Bank on It.

So pick yours. You simply can't love everything.

But saying the album is wack. Nah! bro! you lack taste for good music... Or you just simply a fellow artist hating for no reason. ( Even Writers do it too- we get jealous sometimes when our competition surpass what we benchmarked for them)

Just get over it. Live life. Celebrate others and one day your turn will come. Peace.
dont get me wrong. did I say the album is wack ? I said do you expect his fellow Nigerian musicians to talk down their colleague's album ?Professional artists will never do that. That was the mistake Waconzy made by running down his fellow musician, Davido during an interview with Ebuka. Where is Waconzy today ? Burna boy is a great musician. No doubt about it, but what I was trying to say is that you can't expect unbiased assessment on the album from the album executive producer, diddy and his fellow musicians. We the public, fans are in the best position to assess the quality of music. Though I haven't listened to the album, but I know Burna boy will never disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by krozay(m): 7:36am On Aug 16, 2020
moneyissweet:
Song wey I don delete from my phone.
The album wack compared to African giant,but dem just dey hype am eeehn maybe becos say na p-diddy produce am,abeg wetin ein sabi for afrobeat

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Rashdimuh(m): 7:38am On Aug 16, 2020
Someone asked Siri to play the biggest song in the world right now and it played way too big by Burna boy. I was so surprised the same Siri that couldn't find Burna's name when he fought with Davido.My own is just that this is Burna time every hardcore Burna fan know that his best Album is Outside but was less promoted. African giant went Gold in Holland and had Grammy nom.Some people don't really like this album as I predicted though but this album might win him his Grammy.You can save my reply it will.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Rashdimuh(m): 7:44am On Aug 16, 2020
krozay:
The album wack compared to African giant,but dem just dey hype am eeehn maybe becos say na p-diddy produce am,abeg wetin ein sabi for afrobeat
Some songs and features were removed from the album to suit the purpose of the album. Forget Burna does not care about any Nigerian fans his fans are in SA,UK,France and Holland. The album is clearly a Grammy worthy album that's its like that go and listen to Femi kuti and Angelique kidjo songs they were less amusing but they won Grammy because of the impact they made not because their fans were dancing to it.As a Burna fan Outside>African Giant>TAT.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by TemmyT002(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2020
Wetin the guy dey sing sef?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by krozay(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2020
Godsknight:
dont get me wrong. did I say the album is wack ? I said do you expect his fellow Nigerian musicians to talk down their colleague's album ?Professional artists will never do that. That was the mistake Waconzy made by running down his fellow musician, Davido during an interview with Ebuka. Where is Waconzy today ? Burna boy is a great musician. No doubt about it, but what I was trying to say is that you can't expect unbiased assessment on the album from the album executive producer, diddy and his fellow musicians. We the public, fans are in the best position to assess the quality of music. Though I haven't listened to the album, but I know Burna boy will never disappoint.
Guy pls don't listen to the album u will be disappointed because u know burna can do better with our Nigerian producers if he had given dem the opportunity to work on this project

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Rashdimuh(m): 7:57am On Aug 16, 2020
TemmyT002:
Wetin the guy dey sing sef?
Burna boy,Brymo songs are for people with IQ of 150 and above

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Bote3000(m): 8:04am On Aug 16, 2020
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Gspotlicker(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2020
Ijebulogic:

Exactly....nothing new...sounds like extension of last album....where is Wizzy abeg
wizzy don dump us dey find international lol
Re: Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs by Gspotlicker(m): 8:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Okuda:

what do you expect? make them no promote ni?
no be wetin I mean oo lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Victory Gbakara Wins Nigerian Idol S8 / Yemi Alade – Tangerine Ft Selebobo [video Download] / Brown Skin Girl - Beyoncé Ft. Saint JHN, Wizkid & Blue Ivy Carter – Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.