Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (4200 Views)

I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 / Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by lilyheaven: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
frozen70:

This will not work because she will be tagged a thief besides she doesn't know where she kept it

What she needs is a polite approach

Ask for it as if she wants to admire it and take it from there, simple

Let heaven fall, it's her property
It’s not hidden.
It’s in her box of jewelry.
She will inform her son , that his wife came and stole the jewelry he bought for her.
Son will reply “ mama I’m sorry, I stole it from my wife, forgive me

1 Like

Re: . by frozen70(f): 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

- he saw nothing wrong with giving the MOST VALUABLE GIFT HIS WIFE RECEIVED (to his mother) without even telling his wife about it?!
- he gave the gift to his mother as if it came "from him" (how selfish of him)
- he then said he cant get it back because it would be "a shame", yet he saw nothing shameful about taking stealing the jewelry from his wife?!

does that make any sense to you?!

as Ishilove stated above, if he cant pay back then she should therefore take his most valuable possession and give it to her father.

That her husband is living in his mother's world
Re: . by frozen70(f): 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
OutsideTheBox:
How will she collect it back? Going to the MIL'S house and sneaking to her bedroom to ransack the place for the jewelry without being caught is risky. They will label her a thief is she's caught, even if she explains that it is actually hers. The husband who took the jewelry without her knowledge and who didn't bother to tell her then (which is quite deceitful) or since (which is even more deceitful) is at fault and should fix the wahala he has caused. He, not OP, should be the one to retrieve it back from his mother, OR he could simply pay OP its cost to compensate for it. If he's a good husband he will apologize and then do the right thing.

The guy fall him wife hand and raise his mother hand

The most important women in his life

1 Like

Re: . by frozen70(f): 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
lilyheaven:

It’s not hidden.
It’s in her box of jewelry.
She will inform her son , that his wife came and stole the jewelry he bought for her.
Son will reply “ mama I’m sorry, I stole it from my wife, forgive me

Abi oohh, what a scandal

1 Like

Re: . by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
frozen70:
That her husband is living in his mother's world

possibly, but we ALL know he did something completely wrong, even he himself knows it.... because if he believed what he did was "right", he would have just said NO when wifey asked to get the jewelry back.

2 Likes

Re: . by frozen70(f): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

possibly, but we ALL know he did something completely wrong, even he himself knows it.... because if he believed what he did was "right", he would have just said NO when wifey asked to get the jewelry back.

Pride will not allow him accept it as being bad
Re: . by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
frozen70:
Pride will not allow him accept it as being bad

PRIDE should therefore have him dig in his pocket and repay his wife, before she does something that will bring 100times more shame on top his matter.

trying to please your mother at the expense of your wife, is certainly NOT a good move.

2 Likes

Re: . by frozen70(f): 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

PRIDE should therefore have him dig in his pocket and repay his wife, before she does something that will bring 100times more shame on top his matter.

trying to please your mother at the expense of your wife, is certainly NOT a good move.

Let us not get worried, his eyes will clear very soon, unless his wife is a weakly but am sure she is not

1 Like

Re: . by Unnerve: 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
I can't believe people are actually telling her to steal the jewellery cheesy

No wait, I'm not surprised... grin

3 Likes

Re: . by bukatyne(f): 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
GboyegaD:
Since you want people to be at your side, quick go get a gun and go face her that she has your asset with her. If fun is not enough then use jazz.

Now in reality, there isn't much you can do. Talk to your husband and see if he can at least pay you back for your asset. Don't soil your name because it will be tagged stealing since your husband offered it to his mom as a gift. This is a learning point for you and going forward, keep your valuables away from where he would be able to reach out before he gives out the remaining.

Lastly, you are free to insult me if my advice doesn't make sense to you.

grin
Re: . by bukatyne(f): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
JovialJune:
Straight to the point

I came back from L.A in January this year after giving birth to my triple blessings, I got lots of gifts and some valuable ones, the most valuable of all was a complete set of jewelry worth thousands of dollars, when I got back to the country, I gave my family and Hubby's family things I got for them, gave my mum and his mum what they specifically asked for and more, all for me to find out afterwards that my expensive jewelry is missing, I was not happy, I actually thought it was stolen from my luggage by those nuisances at the airport, for weeks I was sad because that jewelry was worth millions in naira, it was an asset and investment to me, and coupled the way these country is going, dollars will continue to rise cos this government ehn.....

Fast forward today, my sister-in-law did naming ceremony for her newborn, all for me to get there and see my husband's mother wearing my missing jewelry, I was beyond shocked, the bitter taste in my mouth, how the hell did she have it on her? I was fuming all over till I got back home, I asked hubby how she had on my jewelry, he said he gave her because he needed to give her something that came from him, my eyes turned red, I couldn't cry, I couldn't hold the rage I felt and I shouted at him to go get it back to me, he said he can't, it will be a shame to collect it back, I told him he must it back, he stole it from me, we've been shouting at each other ever since, I had to lock myself in a room so that it won't turn to a fist fight,

I've been thinking of ways to steal it back cos that's the only way I can get it without her knowing, and I will definitely steal it back, I need all the assets I can lay my hands on cos naija is not smiling lately, my husband stole it from me, very heartless human, he knows how i almost cried when i couldnt find it, so pls i need different ways i can get it back without him and his mum knowing,

P.S anyone that wants to advice should pls hold it, I don't need advice from holy people preaching that it's material things, I should let go bla bla bla, we are all in this world in this world to possess what the world can offer, and I dey get my own small small, so shove your advice, if it was my mum I would have collected it since, in fact, she wouldn't take it without my knowledge, and I value and place she and my mum on the same level cos she can give birth to me,

So ways to steal it back from her pls, thank you.

You want to steal the your statement jewelry your husband stole to give his mother

And the mother would comfortably watch you wear the jewelry her son bought for her?

And you hope to still be in the marriage?

How would you feel if your daughter in law steals an expensive jewelry your son gave you and starts yearning crap about how your son stole it from her?

Tact my sister, tact.

Your husband goofed when he stole your jewelry and MUST pay for it.

HOWEVER, do not ruin the joy of a mother proud enough of a son who got her probably the best thing he has gifted her or the best thing she has owned.

Forget the jewelry.

Estimate the cost and collect it from your husband.

Since you have known that he is capable of using your stuffs for 'the boy is good', lock you stuffs up or keep it in the bank.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
You have got yourself a nuisance for a husband. How dare him? You may have to dump his ass before he does something worse than the present one.
Re: . by IamRichards: 5:54am On Oct 23, 2020
So Jovialjune,has the robbery been executed successfully?
Re: . by shilz(f): 6:14am On Oct 23, 2020
Your husband should tell his mum he wants to exchange the Jewelry with a better quality,if she releases it he has to find a way to get a new set for her.
Re: . by JovialJune(f): 8:24am On Oct 23, 2020
IamRichards:
So Jovialjune,has the robbery been executed successfully?

Almost did, but after much pleading, hubby paid in cash the exact worth of the jewelry, thanks for asking.

3 Likes

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2020
shilz:
Your husband should tell his mum he wants to exchange the Jewelry with a better quality,if she releases it he has to find a way to get a new set for her.

The price tag of that jewelry will never make her release it to anyone.
Re: . by shilz(f): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2020
JovialJune:

The price tag of that jewelry will never make her release it to anyone.
even her son who bought it for her?
Re: . by JovialJune(f): 10:30am On Oct 23, 2020
[s]
GboyegaD:
Since you want people to be at your side, quick go get a gun and go face her that she has your asset with her. If fun is not enough then use jazz.

Now in reality, there isn't much you can do. Talk to your husband and see if he can at least pay you back for your asset. Don't soil your name because it will be tagged stealing since your husband offered it to his mom as a gift. This is a learning point for you and going forward, keep your valuables away from where he would be able to reach out before he gives out the remaining.

Lastly, you are free to insult me if my advice doesn't make sense to you.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 10:32am On Oct 23, 2020
sisisioge:
But your husband would know you stole if it goes missing...kukuma tell mama you like it, she should dash you. I hope she's kind enough to oblige grin

1 Like

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 10:33am On Oct 23, 2020
MJBOLT:
you need 3 things to steal that jewelry back,a gun,a mask and a hardened mind.

Good luck

Funny.

1 Like

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
forget stealing.... your husband should simply repay you the value of the jewelry EOD!

He has actually, if not I would definitely steal it.

1 Like

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2020
frozen70:

No matter how she steals it back, she will still wear it to the glaring of the family

Her mother inlaw wasn't the one that stole it but her husband stole from her to please his mother

Who does that ⁉️

The plan was to steal it and never wear it, I'll keep it in a safe.

1 Like

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2020
Unnerve:
I can't believe people are actually telling her to steal the jewellery cheesy

No wait, I'm not surprised... grin

I want to believe you are a man, and you can do something like that to your wife, that is if you are married.

1 Like

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 10:43am On Oct 23, 2020
shilz:
even her son who bought it for her?

He wouldn't buy the exact worth of that jewelry.

1 Like

Re: . by GboyegaD(m): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2020
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

Are you married? If yes, what will be your reaction if your gives her father your most valued asset without your knowledge?

I don't have a most treasured asset and I don't care too much about things money can buy.

Did the husband act right? No, he didn't because he stole. However, her approach of trying to steal it back doesn't make her right either.
Re: . by JovialJune(f): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2020
GboyegaD:

I don't have a most treasured asset and I don't care too much about things money can buy.

Did the husband act right? No, he didn't because he stole. However, her approach of trying to steal it back doesn't make her right either.

I am the "her", so what makes it right? Even as he has paid me in cash, I will always have disdain for him and his mum for what he did, and he knows this, I just pray one day I won't mistakenly blurt it out in her presence.
Re: . by shilz(f): 10:58am On Oct 23, 2020
JovialJune:

He wouldn't buy the exact worth of that jewelry.
is his mum aware the jeweries are yours?
Re: . by bukatyne(f): 11:01am On Oct 23, 2020
JovialJune:

The plan was to steal it and never wear it, I'll keep it in a safe.

This is interesting.

You want to steal the jewelry and keep it in a safe.

Well, like I would say, 'don't use a problem to solve a problem.'

The strategy you deploy in a marriage that would end soon is different from the strategy you employ in a marriage you work towards lasting forever.

So think of your long-term marriage goals and act accordingly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by frostylook: 11:07am On Oct 23, 2020
JovialJune:

I am the "her", so what makes it right? Even as he has paid me in cash, I will always have disdain for him and his mum for what he did, and he knows this, I just pray one day I won't mistakenly blurt it out in her presence.
She didn't know what went down, so how did she earn disdain as well? Your husband started it and ended it too.
Re: . by JovialJune(f): 11:08am On Oct 23, 2020
bukatyne:

This is interesting.

You want to steal the jewelry and keep it in a safe.

Well, like I would say, 'don't use a problem to solve a problem.'

The strategy you deploy in a marriage that would end soon is different from the strategy you employ in a marriage you work towards lasting forever.

So think of your long-term marriage goals and act accordingly.

What has a long lasting marriage got to do with this? He didn't think of that before he gifted his mum my property, but I should be the nice one because I want to be in a deceitful marriage?

He apologized profusely, begged me because he knows what I can do and undo, and yes, it still hurts knowing what he did, I will not for the life of me condone nonsense because I want to be in the good books of in-laws, I will not displease myself just to please someone else,

If not that he has paid in cash, I will most definitely take it back.

3 Likes

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2020
frostylook:

She didn't know what went down, so how did she earn disdain as well? Your husband started it and ended it too.

Seeing her wear it will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

1 Like

Re: . by JovialJune(f): 11:10am On Oct 23, 2020
shilz:
is his mum aware the jeweries are yours?

She is not aware, if she eventually knows, she still wouldn't part with it, so it makes no difference.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(SOLVED) This Drained Me Emotionally.pls Solve. / Negative Effect Of Poor Parenting / Make Your Husband Suffer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.