Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday (24200 Views)

Olu Jacob's 79th Birthday: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Husband (Photo) / TY Bello Celebrates Her Mother's 79th Birthday / Woli Arole Celebrates Father, Baiyegun On His 79th Birthday (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by muchroom(m): 4:12am On Aug 16, 2020
On August 17, 2020,former head of state of Nigeria, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida will clock 79. Babangida's regime brings back memories of SAP (Structural Adjustment Program), SFEM(Second-Tier Foreign Exchange Market), MAMSER(Mass Mobilization for Self Reliance, Social Justice, and Economic Recovery) , June 12, Better life program by his late wife, Gideon Orkar/Ogboru coup and so much that happened in his 8 years rule.

Some of his great achievements include completion of the 3rd mainland bridge and creation of states like The states are: Katsina and Akwa Ibom created September 23, 1987, and Abia, Delta, Enugu, Jigawa, Kebbi, Osun, Kogi, Taraba and Yobe – all of which were created on August 27, 1991. At the very least, those states can never forget IBB.

However, his annulment of the June 12 elections still lives a bad taste in his records til date. happy birthday General.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHeb4LonHg

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by janedonez(m): 4:48am On Aug 16, 2020
Maverick

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 16, 2020
IBB d godfather of corruption and the oga patapata of bad governance in Nigeria, he is 1000miles worst than Buhari and Abacha!!

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by DaddyRochie1642: 5:11am On Aug 16, 2020
What should i do with this news sad sad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 16, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
What should i do with this news sad sad
Screenshot it and show your kids. Tell them he is synonym to corruption.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by krushdripper(m): 5:54am On Aug 16, 2020
On my own i didn't know why i was sure that he's quite older than that.

11 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Vyzz: 10:47am On Aug 16, 2020
TheRealProphet:
IBB d godfather of corruption and the oga patapata of bad governance in Nigeria, he is 1000miles worst than Buhari and Abacha!!

Maybe one day... When we look for him and he is nowhere to be found...

We will start getting abroad money from him...

Like Abacha

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by princeade86(m): 8:00am On Aug 17, 2020
Happy birthday maradona

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:00am On Aug 17, 2020
Reminiscent time ........
We remembered vividly just like yesterday,
Let's take you down memory lane,
Especially those that weren't born back then.
Enjoy.........

Following the 1983 military coup d'état, General Babangida (then Chief of Army Staff) started scheming to overthrow military head of state General Muhammadu Buhari.
Exploiting his closeness with allies: Sani Abacha, Aliyu Gusau, Halilu Akilu, Mamman Vatsa, Gado Nasko, and younger officers from his days as an instructor in the military academy (graduates of the NDA's Regular Course 3), he strategically positioned his allies and gradually within the military hierarchy.

The execution of the coup was initially delayed due to General Tunde Idiagbon the 6th Chief of Staff,
Supreme Headquarters and ruthless second-in-command to General Muhammadu Buhari.
On 27 August 1985, General Babangida and his co-conspirators orchestrated the palace coup with four Majors: Sambo Dasuki, Abubakar Dangiwa Umar, Lawan Gwadabe, and Abdulmumini Aminu detailed to arrest the head of state.
In a speech, General Babangida justified the coup describing General Muhammadu Buhari's military regime as "too rigid".
Not that he was corrupt,
Not that he was doing any wrong thing.
But just that he was so bent to enforce discipline in all sphere of our nation,
Along with Tunde Idiagbon,
Just that he arrested some politicians that started looting in this nation and lock them behind bars.

And this took back the progress of Nigeria 60 years!
One day, we will get there as a nation.

There was a country!!

Kissiemu:
I don't know why I just don't like him n almost all those ex generals. Na dem scatter Nigeria.
You've said it all!
We can only continue to remain positive about our darling nation.
ONE day, We will get there as a nation.
The foundation has been destroyed.

Danielfx:
Twist history as you like, which rigid. He never mentioned that
What do kids know?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:00am On Aug 17, 2020
Happy birthday sir.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by ODJ124(m): 8:00am On Aug 17, 2020
HBD IBB
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by officialfestus(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2020
ITT

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Propsvilla(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2020
Bh
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by handsomeyinka(m): 8:02am On Aug 17, 2020
Like play like play badamosi don reach 79.

When will he return the looted funds?.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by ayspac(m): 8:02am On Aug 17, 2020
Happy Blessed Birthday Sir
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Odunolumide(m): 8:02am On Aug 17, 2020
Dem dem Maradona

Read - Honour for Sale by Major Debo to know more about him.

I have a book written by him too , too big a book but I am going to read to see what he has to say for himself.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by IvarTheBoneless: 8:03am On Aug 17, 2020
angry

Maradona.

Rumoured to have a Yoruba dad like some say OBJ's dad is Igbo.

It's unlikely he's really from Niger State anyways. He has no iota of love for the place. He and Abdulsalam are very useless ex Presidents/ Head of States.

My fridge and A.C. were useless because of zero electricity. They have very bad roads too.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by RPG2020(m): 8:04am On Aug 17, 2020
This man still dey alive
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by meobizy(f): 8:04am On Aug 17, 2020
These military leaders have chosen to live long. I wonder what would happen if those who were assassinated back in the day lived.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Maj196(m): 8:05am On Aug 17, 2020
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by PureGoldh(m): 8:05am On Aug 17, 2020
Ok ooh...HBD to him...but it seems all dx past military Leaders to go natural ways cos they tend to last long
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by thorpido(m): 8:05am On Aug 17, 2020
This man wants to die without apologizing to Nigerians for his annulment of June 12 elections and subsequent plunging of Nigeria into abyss.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by jamalnation(m): 8:06am On Aug 17, 2020
Spits
useless man
u wil neva be forgiven
june12

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2020
Happy birthday to him.

If you think its imossible to get profit from forex everyday, monday to friday, chat me up.

If you think you'll get these profits and still lose them due to the nature of forex, let me prove otherwise. Just chat me up.

If you've lost money and hope in forex, this is for you, chat me up.

Pls note, I don't teach forex, but you can learn from a world class trading company if you want.

I'm not charging you a dime for this information. I'm simply showing you an opportunity. It's up to you to decide whether you like it or not. After all the first sign of most scams on Nairaland is a fee for some info. But this is totally free so what do you have to lose? Nothing.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Bahamas95(m): 8:07am On Aug 17, 2020
One of the people that destroyed Nigeria, thunder fire you.

4 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Openbusiness: 8:07am On Aug 17, 2020
IBB for saving Nigeria from a national disaster Zoohari regime in 1985, all your other sins are forgiven. You remain a national hero for that action alone.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 79th Birthday by Mayng01(m): 8:07am On Aug 17, 2020
Tough times never last but tough people do. Here we are today in Nigeria in the hands of corrupt politicians & ruthless military dictators

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2face And Annie Idibia At Campari Event, Take Lovely Selfie / Bobby Ologun Celebrates His 47th Birthday Today / Richard Mofe-Damijo Shares A Lovely Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.