Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Unboxing The Mi Band 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unboxing The Mi Band 5 (1199 Views)

Unboxing The Infinix Zero 8 - Did Infinix Finally Step Up? / Ok. I Give It To Xiaomi. The Mi Note 10 Is Maaaaddddd / Unboxing The Infinix Note 4 Pro X571 With X-pen In The Box For N70,500 (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by atheistandproud(m): 10:37am On Aug 16, 2020
Mi Band series is a fitness band line that helps individuals to organize their time, keep fit (it is a fitness band after all) and receive notifications hands free from a phone. A fitness band is not the same thing as a smartwatch even though most of their functionalities tend to sometimes overlap. A smartwatch still boasts a lot more functionality over a fitness band but fitness band are cheaper.

The Mi Band 5 is the latest iteration in the MI Band line up. I got mine from MacBeyland. It came in a black retail box although mine was rumpled due to manhandling from shipping company. (Not cool you guys)

Inside the box, you’ll find a charger, the band itself and a user manual as well a warranty.

It is advisable that you charge the band fully before use. Avoid using fast chargers as they would cause the battery to deteriorate quickly. I charged mine in a hour and 30 minutes.

Once that is done, download the Mi Fit app from Play Store and then set up an Mi Fit account. In my case, I just connected my Mi account to it and it worked.

After you have set up the Mi Fit app, it would ask you to turn on the Bluetooth which would then enable you to connect your phone with the band. You can play around with the settings to see how it works.

The features of the Mi Band includes a 1.1″ AMOLED display with a resolution of 126×294 pixels, sport’s mode (running, cycling, walking, swimming, treadmill runs etc.), sleep tracking, blood oxygen monitoring, sensors (that check for heart rates, an accelerometer, barometer, NFC and a proximity sensor), it also checks for alerts from calls, messages and alarms and can control your camera and music. The band is also waterproof, which means you can bathe or swim with it. By waterproof we’re referring to cold water.

Expect a much more detailed review soon.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2020/08/16/unboxing-the-mi-band-5/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by FahBuLous: 11:06am On Aug 16, 2020
How much?
Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by macbeyland(m): 11:32am On Aug 16, 2020
atheistandproud:
Mi Band series is a fitness band line that helps individuals to organize their time, keep fit (it is a fitness band after all) and receive notifications hands free from a phone. A fitness band is not the same thing as a smartwatch even though most of their functionalities tend to sometimes overlap. A smartwatch still boasts a lot more functionality over a fitness band but fitness band are cheaper.

The Mi Band 5 is the latest iteration in the MI Band line up. I got mine from MacBeyland. It came in a black retail box although mine was rumpled due to manhandling from DHL. (Not cool you guys)

Inside the box, you’ll find a charger, the band itself and a user manual as well a warranty.

It is advisable that you charge the band fully before use. Avoid using fast chargers as they would cause the battery to deteriorate quickly. I charged mine in a hour and 30 minutes.

Once that is done, download the Mi Fit app from Play Store and then set up an Mi Fit account. In my case, I just connected my Mi account to it and it worked.

After you have set up the Mi Fit app, it would ask you to turn on the Bluetooth which would then enable you to connect your phone with the band. You can play around with the settings to see how it works.

The features of the Mi Band includes a 1.1″ AMOLED display with a resolution of 126×294 pixels, sport’s mode (running, cycling, walking, swimming, treadmill runs etc.), sleep tracking, blood oxygen monitoring, sensors (that check for heart rates, an accelerometer, barometer, NFC and a proximity sensor), it also checks for alerts from calls, messages and alarms and can control your camera and music. The band is also waterproof, which means you can bathe or swim with it. By waterproof we’re referring to cold water.

https://inquisitiveuniverse./2020/08/16/unboxing-the-mi-band-5/
Thanks for the patronage Sir. The package wasn't rumpled by DHL. It was the shipping company from China that was the culprit.

Since the main item wasn't affected, I decided not to raise any issue with them.
Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by atheistandproud(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2020
macbeyland:

Thanks for the patronage Sir. The package wasn't rumpled by DHL. It was the shipping company from China that was the culprit.

Since the main item wasn't affected, I decided not to raise any issue with them.

alright sir.
Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by atheistandproud(m): 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
FahBuLous:
How much?
Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by RuneKingThor: 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
atheistandproud:

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2020/08/16/unboxing-the-mi-band-5/
I'm about to buy the Mi band 5. Is it worth it? What's your experience so far?
Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by atheistandproud(m): 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
RuneKingThor:

I'm about to buy the Mi band 5. Is it worth it? What's your experience so far?

It works perfectly. Waterproof and all but my band snapped recently and I'm expecting a replacement from Busuyi44
Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by RuneKingThor: 6:15am On Jul 05, 2021
atheistandproud:

It works perfectly. Waterproof and all but my band snapped recently and I'm expecting a replacement from Busuyi4.4
Alright thanks.
Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by Zimri(m): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2021
How about backing this up with a video on your youtube channel? I had subscribed though.
Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by atheistandproud(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2021
Zimri:
How about backing this up with a video on your youtube channel? I had subscribed though.

Wow thanks!!!

Will do as soon as my replacement strap comes through.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by Okadall23: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
atheistandproud:

alright sir.

Please recommend one trusted and reliable nairaland seller
Re: Unboxing The Mi Band 5 by atheistandproud(m): 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
Okadall23:

Please recommend one trusted and reliable nairaland seller

Busuyi44
Macbeyland

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Note 10 Vs Nokia G20 / How To Download Squid Game With Your Smartphone! / Price Of Tecno Camon 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.