Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Things You Wish People Told You Before Entering Programming. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Things You Wish People Told You Before Entering Programming. (355 Views)

Are You A Programmer Or App Developer Who Wish To Work Remotely For A US Company / This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria / Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things You Wish People Told You Before Entering Programming. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Good day everyone.

If you where to go back to the first day you started programming, what did you wish people told you about programming and programming languages in general.

Let's share

Mine:

1. Programming is not difficult.

2. Learning syntax is just the tip of the iceberg.
You still have to learn how to solve problems with the language. How to design algorithms your code will follow. Most programming tutorials focus on teaching the syntax.

For you to be efficient in a language you need to know: The language syntax, and why the language syntax is like that(that 'self' you are typing when creating a class in python is not there for fancy lol).

3. Start by learning the concepts.
OOP languages like python will be difficult to understand if you don't know the principles of OOP(Inheritance, polymorphism and Co.). Make sure you understand the principles before anything else.

4. Test your knowledge by building tiny programs(number guess game)

Still learning. smiley

Please add yours.

1 Like

Re: Things You Wish People Told You Before Entering Programming. by Ugaboy: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
That is true, you can also self develop without anyone support..
Re: Things You Wish People Told You Before Entering Programming. by spy24(m): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
really ?

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Good Application/software Designer/engineer / Learn By Doing- Build A Web Application With React + Python Django / How To Add A Contact Form In Magento 2 Sidebar Widget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.