Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,476 members, 7,836,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

What God Said To Me During An Experience Gospel Concert - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What God Said To Me During An Experience Gospel Concert (275 Views)

The Experience Gospel Concert 2022 Holds In Lagos Today / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Fire Outbreaks: 'God Said We Haven’t Seen Anything Yet' / Moment FR. Mbaka Prophesied That God Said Buhari Shouldn’t Run - Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What God Said To Me During An Experience Gospel Concert by judedwriter(m): 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
I remember that fateful night. It was during the gospel concert organized by the House On The Rock church titled: The Experience. It was probably between 2011-2013.

While I was so excited singing and dancing to the melodious gospel tunes by the talented artists, I heard the still voice of God speak in my innerman:

"if you spend more time to praise me, I will meet all your needs."

It was that simple; just praise me and I will meet all your needs. Well, I needed to hear that because at that time I was going through a lot of battles and trials.

This experience taught me the big difference between praise and other form of prayers. When we pray, God meets our needs, but when we praise, we meet God's need.

One of God's greatest needs is the need to be praised. Why does God require our praises so much? Is He narcissistic like some unbelievers think?

No. God requires our praises because He is worthy of it.

“I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised... "
— 2 Samuel 22:4

Why do we praise people? We praise people for the good they have done. Why do we praise God? We praise Him for the good He has done, He has done great things!

“Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.”
— Psalms 145:3

“For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.”
— 1 Chronicles 16:25

God created the entire universe. Now imagine how big the universe is; think of how big the sun, the moon, the stars, our planet, the whole solar system are-they were all created by God.

Scientists say the average size of a single star is bigger than earth. Now they are literally millions of stars in the galaxy! Not to talk of the sun that is much larger than our planet.

Scientists also say that there are planets in our universe that are yet to be discovered. It can take more than a life time, probably 100 years to journey through space and yet to reach its ends.

Let's not even go that far; do you know how enormously big this earth is? Do you know who skillfully created the sea, the animals, the ants, the birds, the flowers, the mountains, the clouds, the gases, the plants, human beings, etc. Baba God smiley

Truly, this earth although polluted with sin, is beautiful. If this earth has such splendor, you can then imagine how beautiful God's abode is-heaven. Heaven is so magnificent, that people who had revealed knowledge of it preferred to stay there than come back to earth.

Indeed, God's greatness is far beyond our finite minds-He is great and greatly to be praised.

This is why the psalmist said:

“Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.”
— Psalms 150:6

The third heavens, God's abode, is full of praises to Him because He is worthy of it. God surrounds Himself with myraids of angels who praise Him constantly:

Luke 2
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

¹⁴ Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

One thing I have discovered since then, is that when I spend more time to praise God than pray, He miraculously meets my needs much faster.

Has it always been easy to do?

No, far from it. Sometimes I find if difficult to praise God because I am so encumbered by my issues. But whenever I spend quality time to praise Him, He moves on my needs without me even asking.

There was a time I was an employed resident pastor in a ministry. We had poor church attendance and it disturbed me a lot. However, when I praise God more often on Saturdays before Sunday's service, attendance peaked up to my surprise.

I am a great admirer and follower of pastor Benny hinn because of his wonderful worship ministry. One thing I have noticed about his ministrations is that when he begins to lead worship, miracles start happening before any prayer is made.

May God raise commited worshippers among us to advertise His power and GLORY to the World, AMEN!

1 Like

Re: What God Said To Me During An Experience Gospel Concert by Waylex21(m): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
While I don't doubt your experience, this particular one presents God as someone who needs to be praised before He can do the needful. Even our human parents will provide their children with whatever they need to the best of their abilities without first waiting for the children to everyday sing their praises to the heavens.

Let me say this: God doesn't need us to be God. On the other hand we need Him to be fully human. Nothing we do or fail to do makes God become better or worse.

Praise God for who He is and not for what you are seeking for. Peace.
Re: What God Said To Me During An Experience Gospel Concert by judedwriter(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Waylex21:
While I don't doubt your experience, this particular one presents God as someone who needs to be praised before He can do the needful. Even our human parents will provide their children with whatever they need to the best of their abilities without first waiting for the children to everyday sing their praises to the heavens.

Let me say this: God doesn't need us to be God. On the other hand we need Him to be fully human. Nothing we do or fail to do makes God become better or worse.

Praise God for who He is and not for what you are seeking for. Peace.

I am not the argumentative type, but I have to make things clear about my post.

God doesn't need us to praise Him before He meets our needs. God often answers our prayers and meets our needs but He desires that we praise Him more often.

God has a higher preference for praises than prayer; it doesn't mean He only requires praises before He moves, He also moves to our prayers, but God more than anything else, desires our praises.
Re: What God Said To Me During An Experience Gospel Concert by Waylex21(m): 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
judedwriter:

I am not the argumentative type, but I have to make things clear about my post.

God doesn't need us to praise Him before He meets our needs. God often answers our prayers and meets our needs but He desires that we praise Him more often.

God has a higher preference for praises than prayer; it doesn't mean He only requires praises before He moves, He also moves to our prayers, but God more than anything else, desires our praises.

Now, you are making better sense

(1) (Reply)

Holy Spirit Prompting Led Beirut Pastor To Send Members Home Early Before Blast / Aways Try To Have "True Believers" In Your Community / The Church Is Undefeatable Whether The Devil Likes It Or Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.