Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? (175 Views)

If You Are Born Again, Do You Know That Exact Day You Became Born Again? / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by Issiijay(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Many times I need something, I want , I desire so many things including my parents.
Plenty times we pray ,fast,praise and worship.
My Dad is a pastor.

When we check the Bible in Matthew 7 vs 7,it says: Ask and it shall come to pass, seek and you will found, knock and it shall be opened unto you.

And also in John 14 vs 14,it says: Anything you ask in my name Jesus, I'll do it.
And the same Bible says in Old Testament, God said that a little won't go in God's word without coming to pass.

So we don't know what's wrong. Or what else we haven't done. So this made me always wonder, we keep praying n all but why don't they answer immediately. Fine the Bible says pray without ceasing but we've been praying.

My family hasn't ever felt this way but I do. I'm thinking maybe there's something else we haven't done and should one stop praying, that's worse.

My family ain't perfect but in God's Mercy, we're saved so I won't say we don't sin.
S
I don't know, my head seems to be somehow whenever these thoughts come in��‍♂️��‍♂️
Re: Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Never relent until you get your answers hence the word,
PRAY WITHOUT CEASING
you know I had serious financial problem sometimes this year that I even contemplated suicide, prayed fervently and earnestly but nothing happened.
I was actually praying because of the financial stress I was into and believe me, if I got the answers to my prayers immediately, I won't appreciate the salvation I had and would have gone back doing the same wrongs I was doing before.
Answers came much later when I have even resigned to fate but I never stopped praying.
It grows my spiritual life and made me appreciate everything God has done for me

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by Issiijay(m): 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
Never relent until you get your answers hence the word,
PRAY WITHOUT CEASING
you know I had serious financial problem sometimes this year that I even contemplated suicide, prayed fervently and earnestly but nothing happened.
I was actually praying because of the financial stress I was into and believe me, if I got the answers to my prayers immediately, I won't appreciate the salvation I had and would have gone back doing the same wrongs I was doing before.
Answers came much later when I have even resigned to fate but I never stopped praying.
It grows my spiritual life and made me appreciate everything God has done for me

Wow, thanks Bro. I really appreciate. Seems I shouldn't get tired and keep on praying till Answers come.
Re: Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
Let Me Be Frank. D Prayer Dat Brings Result Is Hard & It's Not 4 Lazy Christians. There Could Be Reasons 4 Ur Unanswered Prayer. Some Of Dis Are:
1.Unbelief
2. U Pray Amiss (wrongly Or With Wrong Motives Or Not According 2 God's Will.
3. Without Adequate Fasting Or Prayer.
4. U Give Up Easily Or Get Discouraged Easily.
I Repeat D Prayer Dat Brings Result Is Hard & It's Not 4 Lazy Christians.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by delkuf(m): 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
Are you asking according to God's will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Issiijay:
Many times I need something, I want , I desire so many things including my parents.
My Dad is a pastor.

When we check the Bible in Matthew 7 vs 7,it says: Ask and it shall come to pass, seek and you will found, knock and it shall be opened unto you.

And also in John 14 vs 14,it says: Anything you ask in my name Jesus, I'll do it.
And the same Bible says in Old Testament, God said that a little won't go in God's word without coming to pass.

So we don't know what's wrong. Or what else we haven't done. So this made me always wonder, we keep praying n all but why don't they answer immediately. Fine the Bible says pray without ceasing but we've been praying.

My family hasn't ever felt this way but I do. I'm thinking maybe there's something else we haven't done and should one stop praying, that's worse.

My family ain't perfect but in God's Mercy, we're saved so I won't say we don't sin.
S
I don't know, my head seems to be somehow whenever these thoughts come in��‍♂️��‍♂️
obedience is what you haven't done

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
delkuf:
Are you asking according to God's will.
Good question!
Re: Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
Issiijay:
My Dad is a pastor.

S
It's something you grow into. That's why you'd see like five men today fighting with a woman for hours in the name of casting out a devil, while someone else would just utter a few words, no sweat, and the same devil would flee as though a lion was chasing it.

There was a time when Peter would talk before people get healed, but at some point, power was overflowing to the extent that his shadow alone was healing the sick.

There's a higher price to pay for that level of response from heaven, but when you pay it, then you'd begin to reap the many benefits that you'd see that it was more than worth it.

So if you really want to command that kind of respect from heaven, accord the same to heaven, because the measure of what you give is the same measure you're going to get.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by Issiijay(m): 7:32am On Aug 17, 2020
Truvel:
Let Me Be Frank. D Prayer Dat Brings Result Is Hard & It's Not 4 Lazy Christians. There Could Be Reasons 4 Ur Unanswered Prayer. Some Of Dis Are:
1.Unbelief
2. U Pray Amiss (wrongly Or With Wrong Motives Or Not According 2 God's Will.
3. Without Adequate Fasting Or Prayer.
4. U Give Up Easily Or Get Discouraged Easily.
I Repeat D Prayer Dat Brings Result Is Hard & It's Not 4 Lazy Christians.

Thanks so much
Re: Why Don't Prayers Answer That Exact Moment?? by Issiijay(m): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
It's something you grow into. That's why you'd see like five men today fighting with a woman for hours in the name of casting out a devil, while someone else would just utter a few words, no sweat, and the same devil would flee as though a lion was chasing it.

There was a time when Peter would talk before people get healed, but at some point, power was overflowing to the extent that his shadow alone was healing the sick.

There's a higher price to pay for that level of response from heaven, but when you pay it, then you'd begin to reap the many benefits that you'd see that it was more than worth it.

So if you really want to command that kind of respect from heaven, accord the same to heaven, because the measure of what you give is the same measure you're going to get.

God bless.

Uhm thanks bro, really appreciate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Muslims Are Learning The Truth About Muhammad / My Choice Of Partner / How Do Jehovah’s Witnesses View Interfaith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.