Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Benin influence on yorubas part 2 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin influence on yorubas part 2 (2325 Views)

The Ijebu, The Yoruba And Their Influence On The Bible And Judaism / Benin Influence On Yorubas / How Islam Came Into Yoruba Land And It's Influence On Their Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
I am a benin man, and i wont hide like fellow Yoruba cowards under another identity(tribe) to speak my mind towards another tribe, Osagyfo98, and your other moniker you should learn to openly identify as your weakling tribe than pose as an igbo man to deceive people

I know how sweet you like to lump benin to yoruba for your ego sake, the truth remains we can never share anything with a coward tribe like yoruba grin

I wouldn't, want to go far on the modern coward trait of the yoruba people, in the present day nigeria and how they are selling us to their hausa/fulani masters, abi brothers from the north

I just want to remind, everyone who cares to listen on how the benin bleeped the entire yoruba population, with just a population not upto quarter of theirs, in the time past, inother to evade the shame they hide on the disguise that our oba is of a mythical ife origins

I dont blame them for that, the benin people dont read, so coward tribes like yorubas can come to rewrite history for us,

I will highlight benin influence on the yoruba people not to talk too much

1) we gave d eastern yorubas d native pounded yam and eguisi food dey see as their delicacy today, the western yorubas which was not
that influence by benins eat amala and their green soup as their delicacy,

2) we used yorubas as slaves around the kingdom, and also used them as human sacrifices, which the British put a stop to after the punitive war

3) we chased them of their lands, install our monarch, most yorubas today will swallow acid than to accept we conquered them by war, the mass will go with peaceful infiltration to hide their shame, lol, and they will jump to bring out the myth of benin-ife connection that was made up after 1914 to further hide their reproach they are not proud of their ancestoral history and dey d new generation are not doing anything to change it, what a pity

4) we brought civilization to the yorubas the eastern yorubas today are way better than western yorubas in d past and present , our rule over eastern yoruba checkmate the influence of Islam into those areas

5) we gave them guns to kill themselves in the great yoruba wars while protecting the easteen yorubas against western yorubas

6) the yorubas in the past used to come to the bini rivers to trade with the Europeans were we controlled over their goods, and they paid homage to the great benin kingdom in return all yorubas

7) we help them sell their home made clothes to the Europeans,

cool we overlorded them and they feared us, making d itsekiris call us ile binu

9) we gave them our traditional worship, such as olokun and ogboni, i have proven this without numbers here on nairaland, after the fall of benin empire, oba eweka11 requested for benin chiefs in Yoruba nations to come back to help him build back benin, some benins returned and some stayed back, and some yoruba who wanted to escape their cowardice history, joined the returning benins and brought their yoruba worship with them,

Thats why we can see benin traditional worship encompassing of both religion

10, our oba is not of ife origin, everyone should go and do personal research on that, ife was first brought to life by Samuel johnson before Samuel j wrote on ife, it was never mentioned in Yoruba history

2 Likes

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
You're not Benin but Igodomigodo. Shame on you for calling a tribe that's related to your people coward on social media this renders all what you have to say meaningless alone
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=Onijagidijagan post=92888292]You're not Benin but Igodomigodo. Shame on you for calling a tribe that's related to your people coward on social media this renders all what you have to say meaningless alone[/quote

Relate to whuch people by propaganda abi by force related abi na by benin influence on yoruba

Dont come here and spill the popular ife-benin myth no one why buys it again, unlike back then when d myth could go unchecked because few people had access to large information, nowadays the myth is becoming fast the myth it was, thanks to goggle for making information accessible
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nairaland forum u r using was Bini man that programmed it now

More than 20% of Edo population from Akoko edos to Bini and Esan bears Yoruba names. These Yoruba names must be Igodomigodo names like u believe..omutin

Go to anywhere or parts of Yoruba land from Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun and republic of Benin Yorubas to spill that rubbish from your maggot infested mouths that "Oba came from Benin" you will only ended up being beaten like a drum and no single Yoruba, Igala, Itsekiris will even subscribe to that.
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Just look at what someone that called himself Igodomigodo typed, Yoruba and Igodomigodo do not belong to the same category anwhere

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
Mention a single Yoruba land that is being controlled by the Edos?from your write ups?
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Etinosa1234: 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

More than 20% of Edo population from Akoko edos to Bini and Esan bears Yoruba names. These Yoruba names must be Igodomigodo names like u believe..omutin

Go to anywhere or parts of Yoruba land from Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun and republic of Benin Yorubas to spill that rubbish from your maggot infested mouths that "Oba came from Benin" you will only ended up being beaten like a drum and no single Yoruba, Igala, Itsekiris will even subscribe to that.

U sef Jus dey lie...

So seun na Benin man

And I don't know when esan and Benin pple started bearing Yoruba names...

U know what?

Prove it

3 Likes

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Only if you're quoting with evidence, in my post i explained how some yoruba escaped to benin to evade the coward curse, the yorubas in benin second class citizen and dey are not giving chieftency titles because we know how dey cane

Our benin chifs who didnt return from those eastern yorubas state and our kings are still in Yoruba lands today.......

Or are you what i will call a must yoruba defendi.....that even when you have no proves but you will stick your head out for yorubas just to defend them for your egostic reasons , people like you get me bored in arguments, if you want to get back at me for this writeup go and pick both history books and read , before you start repeating words, and asking foolish questions....

Soon you will be asking me what is the meaning oba in benin,

2 Likes

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U sef Jus dey lie...

So seun na Benin man

U know what?

Prove it
... Lol

Like...... The oba of benin, hrm olamide ukwakpolopolo oba ewuare the second grin ;Dmy liver
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Etinosa1234: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
Edeyoung:
... Lol

Like...... The oba of benin, hrm olamide ukwakpolopolo oba ewuare the second grin ;Dmy liver

As in... because he saw someone bear Osas Ola on Facebook ...he assumed that all Benin bear Yoruba names...

Most of their "Benin is Yoruba" are mainly propaganda and holds no water
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Etinosa1234: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Abt the eastern Yoruba states

2 Likes

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

As in... because he saw someone bear Osas Ola on Facebook ...he assumed that all Benin bear Yoruba names...

Most of their "Benin is Yoruba" are mainly propaganda and holds no water

When they hear olumide akpata, their eyes are wide apart

They forgot imade is a benin name given to Davido daughter, in years to come they will use it against benins,

We have yorubas who migrated back with benin after oba eweka 11 called for benins to return home, they are second class benins, and dey are not title holders or even eligible to conduct elections,......

And i saw an ondo lady in uniben few years ago we engaged in a conversation i asked her, her state she told me ondo, so i guess ikale and Akoko and she was like No, that she is ancestraly benins that are parents didnt return back to benin, that they are only known by their benin greetings in ondo today,

We also have usen people who historically are yorubanised benin but they are regarded as second class

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Leave the mofos, they think we are igbos that they can say rubbish to,
And dey go scot free, them get luck say nor b edo people dem dey stage daily

2 Likes

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U sef Jus dey lie...

So seun na Benin man

U know what?

Prove it
Only if u don't want to tell the truth or u r igbo. Have you not met Edo people that bear Yoruba names till date.
Most of Oba Akensua's children bear Yoruba names.
By d time Oduduwa republic is created Akoko Edo and Itsekiris will belong to the SW while your Igodomigodo and Esan can go to Biafra land
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Etinosa1234: 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Only if u don't want to tell the truth or u r igbo. Have you not met Edo people that bear Yoruba names till date.
Most of Oba Akensua's children bear Yoruba names.
By d time Oduduwa republic is created Akoko Edo and Itsekiris will belong to the SW while your Igodomigodo and Esan can go to Biafra land
Stop lieing
Give me one Oba akenzua child that bears Yoruba name
Even oba erediauawa doesn’t bear Yoruba name

Abeg talk another lie

Even ur oduduwa is false and fables

Someone that skydived to become ur king grin
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
Edeyoung:

Leave the mofos, they think we are igbos that they can say rubbish to,
And dey go scot free, them get luck say nor b edo people dem dey stage daily

Benin people used to be part of Oduduwa especially during Oranmiyan and Oba Eweka that defeated the Ogisos of Igodomigodo
Y'all can hook yourselves with biafrans Yoruba don't care.
If ur people oppress any Akoko Edos or Yorubas in Edo that when we will pepper una people for SW.
No Yoruba is scared of Benin or Esan we took them as brothers cause many SW descendants migrated to it in d past but if u want it d other way, una go get am and you cannot win anything against the Yorubas in your small villages
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Etinosa1234: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Benin people used to be part of Oduduwa especially during Oranmiyan and Oba Eweka that defeated the Ogisos of Igodomigodo
If ur people oppress any Akoko Edos or Yorubas in Edo that when we will pepper una people for SW.
No Yoruba is scared of Benin or Esan we took them as brothers cause many SW descendants migrated to it in d past but if u want it d other way, una go get am and you cannot win anything against the Yorubas in your small villages
Show proof

Stop telling us fables
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Lol, i love it wen you say small village, it makes us proud just a pop less than 3 million defeated a pop of 20mill,

Nawa, ooh u suppose shame dey call us village

Stop pin pointing to benin ife myth, i wilk be d last person u will tell it to on earth

Mugu....... Yoruba people nor get sense, una plenty like poultry but no sense....

I dey imagine say we get yoruba population, una go still dey get mouth call us village, that village you peeps are focing urself to attach too

1 Like

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Stop lieing

Abeg talk another lie
It was Oba erediauawa that turned The Benin against d Yoruba and many Esan and Benin started ending Yoruba names gradually. He falsified many history.
Peju layiwola (grand daughter of Oba Akenzua)

Elizabeth Olowu daughter of Akenzua the others I cannot remember.
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Etinosa1234: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

It was Oba erediauawa that turned The Benin against d Yoruba and many Esan and Benin started ending Yoruba names gradually. He falsified many history.
Peju layiwola (grand daughter of Oba Akenzua)

Elizabeth Olowu daughter of Akenzua the others I cannot remember.

I know say u go talk this nonsense

Elizabeth olowu married a Yoruba man named babatunde olowu ...that’s why she get Yoruba surname
Peju layiwola is her child

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peju_Layiwola

See as u nor wise
So oba erediuwa jus wake up dey falsify history and no account of it was taken

U go jus dey lie like fool

2 Likes

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
Edeyoung:

Lol, i love it wen you say small village, it makes us proud just a pop less than 3 million defeated a pop of 20mill,

Nawa, ooh u suppose shame dey call us village

Stop pin pointing to benin ife myth, i wilk be d last person u will tell it to on earth

Mugu....... Yoruba people nor get sense, una plenty like poultry but no sense....

I dey imagine say we get yoruba population, una go still dey get mouth call us village, that village you peeps are focing urself to attach too
Non of our land is controlled by any Edo...since your 3 million are warriors you can come and cross boundary now...then you will no chestbeating nor b for mouth

Bini and Esan are not threat to us at all
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I know say u go talk this nonsense

Elizabeth olowu married a Yoruba man named babatunde olowu ...that’s why she get Yoruba surname
Peju layiwola is her child

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peju_Layiwola

See as u nor wise
Find the complete list of d Oba Akezua children for me I need it
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Etinosa1234: 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Find the complete list of d Oba Akezua children for me I need it
U find it

U made a false claim...I've disprove it...U are now telling to find the complete list...

So u didn't have it and u were lieing

I’ve squashed ur nonsense claims
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U find it

I’ve squashed ur nonsense claims
The Akoko edos with Yoruba names?

The Etsako?
I can give u many Bini names with Yoruba names if u want
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by AreaFada2: 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Yep> But wait for deniers to come.
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by AreaFada2: 11:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Stop lieing

Abeg talk another lie

Even ur oduduwa is false and fables

Someone that skydived to become ur king grin

Maybe grandchild. Oba Akenzua's daughter married a Yoruba man.

Remember that Obas and Benin chiefs/nobility were routinely given brides by royal and noble families of other tribes.
Esan particularly produced many queens in Benin. Women from Eastern Yorubaland were many. So necessarily some kids from those upper class inter-tribal marriages bore and still bear Yoruba names.

Davido's late mother from Benin was called Imade. He named his daughter after his mum. We have Imade College in Owo too.

Several Benin names have being Yorubanised such as Okubor. Over time people start calling it Tokunbor, a Yoruba name they are familiar with.

Dim Ojukwu once said that growing up in Lagos and being fluent in Yoruba, Yoruba people would try correcting his name as being Ojikutu. Because they thought he was Yoruba!

Benin was an empire and we were used to different names and peoples. Benin City was the Lagos of those days. People went to sell their skills and try their luck.

Historically, the centers/capitals of empires were so: Athens, Rome, Memphis/Egypt, Baghdad, Constantinople, Babylon, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Non of our land is controlled by any Edo...since your 3 million are warriors you can come and cross boundary now...then you will no chestbeating nor b for mouth

Bini and Esan are not threat to us at all

Lol, if a benin man would take nonsense definitely not an esan man, an esan cam never be in a crowd u wont notice him,
A combo of esan and benin will extinct yoruba people
No jokes.......
History always have ways of repeating itself

Esan oye.....

Esan person nor get patience only dem go finish yoruba people

2 Likes

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Etinosa1234: 12:02am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

The Akoko edos with Yoruba names?

The Etsako?
I can give u many Bini names with Yoruba names if u want

Lol

U are now changing goal posts
Akoko edo have close heritage with Yoruba but they are not BENIN

U know what I want u to do
Bring me proof that all oba akenzua children bore Yoruba names
Bring me proof that oba erediuwa falsified history and stop Benin from bearing Yoruba names

If u can’t, bro u are inconsequential
Go and sleep
Bye
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 17, 2020
Edeyoung:

Lol, if a benin man would take nonsense definitely not an esan man, an esan cam never be in a crowd u wont notice him,
A combo of esan and benin will extinct yoruba people
No jokes.......
History always have ways of repeating itself

Esan oye.....

Esan person nor get patience only dem go finish yoruba people

Lovely combo grin your combo can never be a threat to us ordinary Owo people will tackle you hands down..they have defeated the Edos in their history and they can still do it.

Oba of Benin is of Ife Origin...your people are still under Yoruba colony till 2020 btw.
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 9:56am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Lovely combo grin your combo can never be a threat to us ordinary Owo people will tackle you hands down..they have defeated the Edos in their history and they can still do it.

Oba of Benin is of Ife Origin...your people are still under Yoruba colony till 2020 btw.

Ooni of ife and the kingdom of ife was scripted by samuel johnson

Only that alone goes in proving everything

You really are threading a part to yabbing with the bolded

Dont worry my next post will be on how the mythical ife and oduduwa came about

Ife gave benin oba my foot, lies yorubas tell to hide their cowardice

1 Benins begged ogedegbe not to conquer them who does that.....

2 Benins beg ife for a prince
.... Who does that

Facts

Ife never existed to begin with untill it was brought into recognition by the writing of Samuel j

Oduduwa was an idol worshiped by ife people and gained much recognition amongst yorubas not that he existed, the tales of Oronmiyan are fables

If you still want to disprove

Answer this question

What was the relationship btw benin and oyo in ancient past after oromiyan left to oyo

What was the relationship between ife and benin
After the obaship was established

All questions to be answered with European documentes evidence or archeological findings

1 Like

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Edeyoung: 10:04am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

You further want me to mock your coward tribe, i wont, because i have done that so many times, in a bid to instill reproach on your tribe, but instead
You guys stilll mouthful and proud of the coward genealogy,

I rest my case.........

To a Yoruba must-defendi......

The mention of owo makes me proud of my ancestors on installing a benin monarch to rule yoruba people
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Etinosa1234: 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
A.O Adesoji in his paper "The Oduduwa myth and farce of yoruba unity" Adesoji totally exposed how Oduduwa and Ile-Ife story was imposed on all Yoruba people to foster unity and curtail the frequent wars between various yoruba sub-groups.

Ile Ife meant nothing to yoruba people until archeological findings in the early 20th century revealed Ife served a ceremonial purpose till the 15th century, according to A.O Adesoji in the farce of Yoruba unity he said and I qoute "It would seem that the Odùduwà factor was not a dominant issue in the history
and politics of the Yorùbá until the late 1940s when it was revived or perhaps contrived (Notice how recent Ile Ife and Oduduwa craze is?) grin it's all an elaborate plot intended to unite all the warring Yoruba sub-groups

The emergence of Egbé Omo Odùduwà in the mid 1940s marked the revival of
the Odùduwà factor in Yorùbá history and politics. Founded as a cultural organisation in
London in 1945 by Obáfémi Awólówò and a group of Yorùbá students;( A.O Adesoji; the Oduduwa myth and the farce of yoruba unity) Awolowo was the original con man that wrongly tied all Yoruba people to Oduduwa and Ile ife to unite them cheesy

See that the false claim "Oba of Benin is from Ife " is always false as they don't even know the origin of Oduduwa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cruelty In India's Culture? / That Attitude When You Enter A Canteen To Chop (pics) / Nigerian Accent Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.