Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

My Number One Business. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Number One Business. (942 Views)

Number One Problem In Marriage / Number One Problem In Marriage / The Number one Sign Of A False Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Number One Business. by Joagbaje(m): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2011
Has it occurred to you that you have a responsibility as a Christian. To let others know about the great salvation. You didn't get saved just to wait for the day you'll depart from the earth. Should winning is Gods number one business. He called you to call others. A Christian that does not win others to christ is actually committing a sin because he is living a selfish life. Every person that comes in contact with you should have opportunity to hear the message of salvation . Because God will hold you responsible for them.  

Ezekiel 3:18-19
18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked[ man] shall die in his iniquity; but[b] his blood will I require at thine hand[/b]. 19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 

The same principle is still binding today. Many christians waste their hours on unproductive ventures. This is not a call for pastors . It is your calling as a christian. If you don't preach to others there is blood in your hand.

Acts 20:26-27
26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I[ am] pure from the blood of all[ men]. 27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God

One of the signs of your growth as a Christian is the awakening into the responsibility of the gospel. Use your time wisely to be productive in Gods kingdom.he called you so that you can win others out of the bondage of darkness    

Mark 3:14
14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

You can start today, with your immediate environment; your colleagues ,family members. By this you can make you life shine. Because there is reward for soulwinners.

Daniel 12:3
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. 

Remember , one day, you will stand before the master, to give Account of what you did with Jesus while on earth especially with his number one job
Re: My Number One Business. by newmi(m): 11:58am On Feb 16, 2011
Thanks man for such great exposition. Im surely gonna reach out to someone today. I remember my first experience in preaching,
Re: My Number One Business. by KunleOshob(m): 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2011
The only problem is that you and your cohorts distort the gospel of christ for selfish gain. That aside Christ himself made it crystal clear that the greatest commandment is LOVE! Not even preaching the gospel comes before this great commandment and any gospel you preach that does not emphasize, practicalize and demonstrate genuine non exploitative love for others is a false gospel.
Re: My Number One Business. by KunleOshob(m): 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2011
And of course we know that you and other members of the oyakhilome organization see the gospel as a business i.e a money making venture.
Re: My Number One Business. by Azibalua(f): 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
As Christians there are opportunities for us to win people to christ, these opportunities are always available and we must make good use of them
Re: My Number One Business. by mabell: 8:59pm On Feb 16, 2011
kai! i can't imagine the number of souls i have missed because i can't create time for evangelism and soul winning
But i've made up my mind i'll start winning souls now
Re: My Number One Business. by Azibalua(f): 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
Could be your close family members who need christ
Come to think of it are all your family members born again,if they are not it's time to win them
Re: My Number One Business. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
quite a lot of born again christians need to be reborn again.

if your own standards worse pass non-christian's own, makes it harder, dont you think.
Re: My Number One Business. by mabell: 10:10am On Feb 17, 2011
tpiah!:

quite a lot of born again Christians need to be reborn again.
if your own standards worse pass non-christian's own, makes it harder, don't you think.

There is nothing like being reborn,but there is provision for forgiveness and repentance
Re: My Number One Business. by newmi(m): 11:38am On Feb 17, 2011
If we have this kinds threads often,nairaland will be a real resource center.
Re: My Number One Business. by nuclearboy(m): 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2011
Well, at least OP is using his brains here not regurgitating pastor chris
Re: My Number One Business. by Zikkyy(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2011
nuclearboy:

Well, at least OP is using his brains here not regurgitating pastor chris

I think there should some limitations on the use of his brain. It's safer to copy and paste from the more experienced Oyaks. This will minimise the number of controversial posts smiley
Re: My Number One Business. by KunleOshob(m): 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2011
;d
Re: My Number One Business. by newmi(m): 12:26am On Feb 18, 2011
@Zikkyy, Nuclearbonboi, Oga Kuns Kuns
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
l laugh at you children of Pharisees and Sadusees
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Of what singular value is either of you or all of you put together to the christian faith, l kind of wonder how boring your christian lives are.
Sorrry
Re: My Number One Business. by KunleOshob(m): 5:48am On Feb 18, 2011
^^^
considering the fact that your god oyaks has negative value to the christian faith, I am not suprised at your silly rants.
Re: My Number One Business. by Azibalua(f): 11:17am On Feb 18, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^
considering the fact that your god oyaks has negative value to the christian faith, I am not suprised at your silly rants.
Majority of what you have said on this forum negates Christianity
Re: My Number One Business. by KunleOshob(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2011
@Azibaula
Absolutely nothing I have said on this forum negates the true teachings of our lord Jesus christ which true christianity is based upon, however a lot of my writings negates the man made adulterated and corrupted version of christianity which as gained prominence today with an especially distasteful variation coming out of cults like cec whose sole aim is to rip off the laity and enrich the notorious criminal called oyakhilome. I remained steadfastly commited to the true teachings of my lord Jesus christ and would continuosly speak against criminals exploiting his good name for the sake filthy, disgusting, irritating lucre.
Re: My Number One Business. by free123: 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2011
Ride on Kunle
Re: My Number One Business. by Azibalua(f): 5:29pm On Feb 18, 2011
KunleOshob:

@Azibaula
Absolutely nothing I have said on this forum negates the true teachings of our lord Jesus christ which true christianity is based upon, however a lot of my writings negates the man made adulterated and corrupted version of christianity which as gained prominence today with an especially distasteful variation coming out of cults like cec whose sole aim is to rip off the laity and enrich the notorious criminal called oyakhilome. I remained steadfastly commited to the true teachings of my lord Jesus christ and would continuosly speak against criminals exploiting his good name for the sake filthy, disgusting, irritating lucre.

What teachings are those,how come you have not yet given your true testimonies of your personal evangelism?
Re: My Number One Business. by Azibalua(f): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2011
free123:

Ride on Kunle

Follow follow without understanding does not pay
Re: My Number One Business. by mabell: 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2011
free123:

Ride on Kunle

To where now, eternal damnation?
Re: My Number One Business. by simplymee: 7:29am On Feb 20, 2011
@ kunle
is it possible to love someone and watch him/her go down into destruction without warning when you have the solution for safety? Its love that propels the reaching out to evangelism.ITS THE GREAT COMMISION we are talking about. So its time God brought more people home through ME. ITS TIME FOR REACHING OUT TO YOUR WORLD VIA SOULWINNING.
Re: My Number One Business. by Azibalua(f): 7:40am On Feb 20, 2011
I led a girl to christ on Friday,though she goes to church,but did not even understand what it means to be born again. It was another great experience,funny enough she had been coming to my office for some time,but the message on evangelism and soulwinnin my pastor preached hit me hard that day .
Today she is born again
Praise the lord
This thread is a unique platform for us to share our testimonies on soul winning
Re: My Number One Business. by jpworld(m): 9:57am On Feb 20, 2011
Preaching the gospel, is more like a marketing strategy, telling people to believe in Jesus, after believing Jesus, they will now start giving Offering & tithe, and the person who eats that money on behalf of God, will grow fat like a cow.

I hope our next generation will wake up and realize this is a scam.
Re: My Number One Business. by mabell: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2011
I won 3 souls today grin cheesy
2 bike men and a laborer
isn't God awesome, the way at which they got born again, they were so excited
Re: My Number One Business. by Azibalua(f): 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2011
jpworld:

Preaching the gospel, is more like a marketing strategy, telling people to believe in Jesus, after believing Jesus, they will now start giving Offering & tithe, and the person who eats that money on behalf of God, will grow fat like a cow.

I hope our next generation will wake up and realize this is a scam.
So are you saying we should not preach the gospel?
If yes then how do we reach the unsaved?
Pls explain!
Re: My Number One Business. by jpworld(m): 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2011
Azibalua:

So are you saying we should not preach the gospel?
If yes then how do we reach the unsaved?
Pls explain!

Who told you the bible saves you? As far as am concerned, the bible remains the Jews' business affair, I once believe it, but never, ever will accept it again, I wish you reside in Israel for only 6 months, you will find out the real truth.
Re: My Number One Business. by simplymee: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2011
The Bible has all it takes to save any man whether u are in Jerusalem or judea. Its the word of God that you hear and follow that will chart the course of your life. John 15:3 'Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you'.
Re: My Number One Business. by Azibalua(f): 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2011
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All scripture[ is] given by inspiration of God, and[ is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Breaking Of Family Covenant / Pls Pray For My Friend / Is Chi-ya The Science Of Holistic Hygiene And God Science For You?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.