Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? (324 Views)

Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him / What Are You Addicted To? / My Cousin Killed This Puff Adder Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by Samakus(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hi people.

I will try to be brief.

I rented a 2bedroom apartment in February this year after starting an FG job last year. My distant cousin brother (not related by blood, just from the same village with me), who got the same job with me, stays with me for now pending when he gets his own apartment.

The issue now is that dude likes Big Brother naija show like mad. He practically sleeps around 5am everyday because he's watching the show. I can't watch TV anymore. He was an ardent football fan and a die hard Manchester United fan until the show started while I support Arsenal. Can you imagine that dude didn't watch Manchester United vs Sevilla today because of BBnaija eviction show.

I have advised, cautioned, cajoled, threatened him to no avail. He's beginning to see me as pompous because I let him know that his obsession with the show is bothering on ludicrously annoying. He's a good friend but this new obsession is really beginning to make his stay with me very unpleasant. I love watching Nat Geo Wild and football in my free time but dude is always occupied with the TV. I go to work because of the nature of my office while he doesn't. All he does is sit in front of the TV and soliloquize about Nengi and Ozo.

We had a heated argument yesterday because he used petrol I bought for the weekend to watch BBnaija. Pls how can I help him? Prior to BBnaija, he's been a good friend and we have come a long way. But I sense that this show and his addiction to it will destroy the bond we had always shared.

What can I do to help him? If he devotes one third of the time he devotes to the show to improve himself or look for money making ventures, I will even overlook the obsession but he won't. He doesn't have a girlfriend either.
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by lawrenzooo: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
the show would end in about 6 weeks time or there about. I did advice u tolerate for the time been. However anytime it becomes unbearable just block the show.

On DSTV
Text : smart_card_number [space] BBOUT to 30333

On GOTV
Text : IUC Number [space] BBOUT to 4688.
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by MajesticKris: 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
The show go soon end.. we go knw
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by Amotolongbo(f): 11:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
MajesticKris:
The show go soon end.. we go knw
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by olaric(m): 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
This is a thick one ooo. I would have said don't subscribe when current sub expires, but the guy's addiction will push him to look for money at all cost to renew. Maybe you should secretly find a ladder, climb where the dish is located and shift or disconnect the LNB cable so connection will be lost.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by Samakus(m): 11:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
lawrenzooo:
the show would end in about 6 weeks time or there about. I did advice u tolerate for the time been. However anytime it becomes unbearable just block the show.

On DSTV
Text : smart_card_number [space] BBOUT to 30333

On GOTV
Text : IUC Number [space] BBOUT to 4688.

Thanks. I thought about blocking the channel. I will do that
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by Samakus(m): 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
olaric:
This is a thick one ooo. I would have said don't subscribe when current sub expires, but the guy's addiction will push him to look for money at all cost to renew. Maybe you should secretly find a ladder, climb where the dish is located and shift or disconnect the LNB cable so connection will be lost.

That will affect me too. What's the essence of buying TV and DSTV decoder if I can't use them
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by GuestLog: 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
It's hard living with someone else. I understand what you're going through. Just hint him to go get his own place. Save your friendship, you can't make choices for another adult.
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by IJOO(m): 11:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
If you have a senior colleague or friend, it's better you invite him over to help you talk sense into him. In my own case, I gave my cousin a god reason and he stoped watching it.

Just Let him know the damages it will cause on him now and later. Or you contact someone he so respects, I believe it will surely help. Lastly, remember him in prayers... That was what I did in my own scenerio. All the best bro.
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by pyyxxaro: 1:03am On Aug 17, 2020
Next time you see him watching it, just look for a Big Stout bottle

Bust it on his head , his eyes wud be clear immediately cool
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by onward4life(m): 7:52am On Aug 17, 2020
Samakus:
Hi people.

I will try to be brief.

I rented a 2bedroom apartment in February this year after starting an FG job last year. My distant cousin brother (not related by blood, just from the same village with me), who got the same job with me, stays with me for now pending when he gets his own apartment.

The issue now is that dude likes Big Brother naija show like mad. He practically sleeps around 5am everyday because he's watching the show. I can't watch TV anymore. He was an ardent football fan and a die hard Manchester United fan until the show started while I support Arsenal. Can you imagine that dude didn't watch Manchester United vs Sevilla today because of BBnaija eviction show.

I have advised, cautioned, cajoled, threatened him to no avail. He's beginning to see me as pompous because I let him know that his obsession with the show is bothering on ludicrously annoying. He's a good friend but this new obsession is really beginning to make his stay with me very unpleasant. I love watching Nat Geo Wild and football in my free time but dude is always occupied with the TV. I go to work because of the nature of my office while he doesn't. All he does is sit in front of the TV and soliloquize about Nengi and Ozo.

We had a heated argument yesterday because he used petrol I bought for the weekend to watch BBnaija. Pls how can I help him? Prior to BBnaija, he's been a good friend and we have come a long way. But I sense that this show and his addiction to it will destroy the bond we had always shared.

What can I do to help him? If he devotes one third of the time he devotes to the show to improve himself or look for money making ventures, I will even overlook the obsession but he won't. He doesn't have a girlfriend either.

Why Yu dey bother urself like that

NEPA no dey seize light for ur area undecided
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by Samakus(m): 8:46am On Aug 17, 2020
onward4life:

Why Yu dey bother urself like that

NEPA no dey seize light for ur area undecided

We usually have about 14hrs light per day unless there's a fault with our transformer of a general decrease in megawatts generated in the country
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by Samakus(m): 8:47am On Aug 17, 2020
IJOO:
If you have a senior colleague or friend, it's better you invite him over to help you talk sense into him. In my own case, I gave my cousin a god reason and he stoped watching it.

Just Let him know the damages it will cause on him now and later. Or you contact someone he so respects, I believe it will surely help. Lastly, remember him in prayers... That was what I did in my own scenerio. All the best bro.

Ok
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by onward4life(m): 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
Samakus:

We usually have about 14hrs light per day unless there's a fault with our transformer of a general decrease in megawatts generated in the country

Say what!!

14hrs guy Yu b big man pikin ni

Na im make Yu dey complain for this tin..

We had six house wan dey Omo

All the police ppo just dey talk about for station

And we come contribute to buy jumper for the transformer to work

After 5 days leave..

The day I go see 14hrs light ehh

I pray dat day no come under vuhari Sha

because nah sarz go come they drop NEPA bill

A room fit be 70k for our general toilet house oo

2hrs morning and 2hrs evening no be every blessed day oo don master me

I dey charge my fone aleast

And nah 3k each room we dey pay a month
Re: My Cousin Is Addicted To Bbnaija! Is There A Way To Help Him? by Samakus(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
onward4life:

Say what!!

14hrs guy Yu b big man pikin ni

Na im make Yu dey complain for this tin..

We had six house wan dey Omo

All the police ppo just dey talk about for station

And we come contribute to buy jumper for the transformer to work

After 5 days leave..

The day I go see 14hrs light ehh

I pray dat day no come under vuhari Sha

because nah sarz go come they drop NEPA bill

A room fit be 70k for our general toilet house oo

2hrs morning and 2hrs evening no be every blessed day oo don master me

I dey charge my fone aleast

And nah 3k each room we dey pay a month

Big man pikin ke. I wish.

We're just lucky to reside in the Governor's community and EEDC is really doing well here. Coupled with the fact that we use prepaid meter, so win win for all

(1) (Reply)

How To Design Text Logo Using Pixellab| 3d Mock Up On Android / Agro Company Loses Over 3,000 Cartons Of Agric Chemical To Hoodlums In Nigeria / How I Made 20k Trading Bitcoin On Binance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.