Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling (20953 Views)

Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / President Buhari Receives Duoye Diri, Bayelsa Governor / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Correcto: 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lol so the supreme court of Nigeria is now a joke?
NgeneUkwenu:

It is a fresh election....In fact in the eyes of the law...What took place in Bayelsa was no election because iNEC excluded qualified parties from participation....

So it is actually back to square one! Every qualified party will participate afresh including APC.
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
Correcto:
Lol so the supreme court of Nigeria is now a joke?

The supreme Court Judgment was a Pre Election Matters, but this is Post Election Matters, which only the Tribunal can try...

Two different things!

9 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Antoeni(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
The Judgement Declared A Fresh Election And Not A Rerun, Therefore APC Has A Chance.

2 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by prince088: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hmmm...does this mean APC can contest again?

Clean 2007 Toyota Tacoma
https://www.nairaland.com/5919091/just-arrived-clean-title-07
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Mires: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Good money awaiting the candidate of ANDPand the party to withdraw the case. The investment has paid off heavily.
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by chukwuibuipob: 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
cool Diri going........................

1 Like

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by earnit5: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Oh
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by HajiMT: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
You guys should note that the Party that just won at the TRIBUNAL never participated in the Bayelsa election in the first place. Therefore, a new beginning beckons. In other words, a FRESH ELECTION for all parties including APC

4 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by perdollar(m): 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
Confusion ga dima! when u av shoe shiners n Mai gates as judges, all u get is confusion. when mullah who is BH becomes judge, expect sharia interpretation to all cases.
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by AAA593: 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
I don't even know the reason why the tribunal declared fresh election in the first place. Was the process that led to the election flawed? Simply order a rerun and allow ANDP to participate. This judgment will not stand
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Burgerlomo: 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
When are the masses going to enjoy the fruits of their labors in that State?
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Correcto: 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lol enjoy it!
NgeneUkwenu:

The supreme Court Judgment was a Pre Election Matters, but this is Post Election Matters, which only the Tribunal can try...

Two different things!
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by AAA593: 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

Two different things!
What is this? Disqualification that took place before the election is a post election matter? Mind you ANDP was given time to replace its deputy candidate but failed to do so. The judgment will not stand
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Yusman316(m): 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:
If it is a fresh election, the same primary elections and and list of candidates and running mates will still be retained.

APC was nullified from participating in the election based on the ineligibility of the running mate to the candidate. Even if INEC will organize another election, that ruling still stands cos no party will be allowed to make any substitution to the candidate or running mate already fielded
Dear, let's not rush with making assertions, political parties may have the option of substituting candidates since it's a fresh election not rerun

1 Like

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Yankee101: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2020
Can't we make laws to limit all appeals within a certain time frame?

Why should half a tenure be used fighting court cases?
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by joeyblacq(m): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Im sorry, you don’t really understand what is going on
Sir you are the one that does not understand anything. A fresh election simply means nothing that happen in the last election really matters again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Miracle1991: 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:
If another election is conducted, Do you think APC is legible to participate based on the ruling of the Supreme Court?
Definitely No!

APC was nullified from participating in the election based on the ineligibility of the running mate to the candidate. Even if INEC will organize another election, that ruling still stands cos no party will be allowed to make any substitution to the candidate or running mate already fielded.

The only solution for APC to win Bayelsa State is to sponsor a mushroom party candidate to win the election and then defect to APC afterwards. That may be practically impossible using a mushroom party to win.

In short, PDP still remains the party to beat cos there won’t be APC participating in the election.
you will be surprised to know that the ANDP is an APC party. the moment that party won they will join APC.
Don't for AA in rivers State.
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by justified007: 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
AAA593:
I don't even know the reason why the tribunal declared fresh election in the first place. Was the process that led to the election flawed? Simply order a rerun and allow ANDP to participate. This judgment will not stand

Your confusion is confusing you grin

3 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by OpinionCounts(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lawyers, Judges and influencial political personalities will just keep milking this state till they will have nothing much left to develop the state...it's a pity.
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Skymason20(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
my problem with Nigerians, is dey now see everything as joke, that is why politicians will do anything and get away with it.. citizens of the state has chosen to watch politics like big brother 9ja show ....
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Roofingpro(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lol
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Trimque2k1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
kahal29:
Ok...

In the meantime I thinks since the court has ordered a fresh election, sections 33 and 35 becomes valid. It clearly states the options available for APC.
This is so educating...

1 Like

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by ledaman: 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
Johnnyessence:
thank you for this response.
APC candidate was sacked because of the running mate of Lyon. He wasn't disqualified as it stand The apex court can't deprived Lyon because another running mate would be chosen bro!

2 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by ledaman: 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

This is just a like a bye election...There will be fresh nominations from parties....and if APC fields David Lyon, they will simply replace the deputy and participate in the election...

The court didn't say what you just posted....What the court says is that there Must Fresh Governorship Election...or are you saying APC will no longer participate in Elections in Bayelsa State again?Help me to explain to him ooo

I know how painful it is for you to come to terms with the Judgement...But be rest assured APC as a party will not only fully participate but will also win the election....

The same scenario happened in Bauchi State not too long ago...and PDP just replaced their deputy governorship candidate then, and still participated...

So there is nothing you can do this time to stop APC...

Sorry!
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by play5050: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:
If another election is conducted, Do you think APC is legible to participate based on the ruling of the Supreme Court?
Definitely No!

APC was nullified from participating in the election based on the ineligibility of the running mate to the candidate. Even if INEC will organize another election, that ruling still stands cos no party will be allowed to make any substitution to the candidate or running mate already fielded.

The only solution for APC to win Bayelsa State is to sponsor a mushroom party candidate to win the election and then defect to APC afterwards. That may be practically impossible using a mushroom party to win.

In short, PDP still remains the party to beat cos there won’t be APC participating in the election.
Apc Will Participate If Its A Fresh Election.

But If Its A Rerun Apc Will Not Participate.

Let Us Wait For The Apex Court
Re: Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling by Johnson5258: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
They don't know, that APC is not sure of winning Edo while 2023 is loading. Even Atiku sef no reach na him governor dey talk. That appeal cannot work, they foresaw all this before Walter
Onnoghen was excused.....

NgeneUkwenu:
Waste Of Money and Exercise In Futility!

Facts;

1., Mr. Governor, You Are Not Party To The Case Decided At Tribunal, So Your Appeal Holds No Water.

2. INEC Did Not Call A Single Witness At The Tribunal Trial, Thereby Messing Up Their Case.

3. INEC May Not Even Appeal The Case.

Lyon Or Lion Get Ready To Reclaim Your Mandate!

APC Is Bayelsa, Bayelsa Is APC!

Argue with Nnamdi Cownu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Arewa Youths Tell Akeredolu To Mind His Utterances / Buhari Host US Special Presidential Envoy, John Kerry In Aso Rock (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Shares Picture Proof Of Buhari Being Cloned To Jubril

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.