Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? (5631 Views)

Best Place To Be Born / The Best Place To Be Born In The World! Switzerland 1st, Nigeria 80th (WORST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 11, 2007
What really makes a man is the determination and the courage to better his living standard and that of his fellow men around him; either individually or collectivelly. Individually, few Nigerians has made a difference, but collectivelly; NIGERIA has FAILD woefully as a nation so far.

Once again, i dont regret being a Nigerian, but i can never be proud to be deprived of foreigners' entitlement as a Nigerian in other countries.

I rather would want to be born an Igbo man to an igbo nation than to your sweet suffering and smiling ALMIGHTY NIGERIA.

CASE CLOSED.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by star01(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2007
nuzo:

I rather would want to be born an Igbo man to an igbo nation than to your sweet suffering and smiling ALMIGHTY NIGERIA.

CASE CLOSED.
tell me the difference between both
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 11, 2007
Next time i will not answer this kind of question.

Anyway, Nigeria is what ive been trying to descibe to you right from my first post, while that of the IGBO nation is a hardworking country like Japan in view(BIAFRA).

I hope you understand the difference now; afterall the post was sort of telling us to make a wish.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by star01(m): 9:34am On Apr 11, 2007
nuzo:

Next time i will not answer this kind of question.

Anyway, Nigeria is what ive been trying to descibe to you right from my first post, while that of the IGBO nation is a hardworking country like Japan in view(BIAFRA).

I hope you understand the difference now; afterall the post was sort of telling us to make a wish.
but i think igbo is a tribe in nigeria, why say u would rather be a born again igbo than being a nigerian, does that make sense,
    u called igbo nation hard working, well i aint going to diss u on that, keep teasing your self ooooooooo
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2007
Im teasing myself because i dont want to be born again in Nigeria or because i want to be born again as an igbo man but in a Biafran state?
Hey boy chill, i answered according to the question posted on the tread and you are hating already.

If you are turning it into a child's play, am afraid i ll not reply again.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 12, 2007
nuzo I sort of do agree.
I wuld have preferred to be born Igbo anyday but in a sovereign nation of Biafra
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 7:26am On Apr 13, 2007
nigerian anytime.am always proud
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by romeo(m): 11:06am On Apr 13, 2007
why not? i can't imagine me without fufu,egusi soup,ogbolo soup,pepper soup,nkwobi, isiewu,pounded yam,moi moi etc. i don't want to be AME guy or Britico or even from any away country except igbo nation
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 3:15am On Apr 14, 2007
lol
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by maree7(f): 8:13am On Apr 14, 2007
I am so proud to be a Nigerian, so to answer ur question i would love to be born again as a Nigerian, we are dignified people!!! grin
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 8:14am On Apr 14, 2007
Correct person
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by CrazyMan(m): 7:46pm On Apr 14, 2007
First, am proud to be a Nigerian.

Secondly i would want to be a born again if i have all the necessities of life such as unlimited access to wealth, security, a good wife and healthy children.

If i can possess all the material things, there's no reason why i shouldn't become a born again.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by kellorah: 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2007
@ topic. no cos the nigerian idea of a born again is something i wont be able to do.
i am a christian-and i like to think of myself as a good one too. that shd do!
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 3:48am On Apr 15, 2007
kellorah:

@ topic. no because the nigerian idea of a born again is something i wont be able to do.
i am a christian-and i like to think of myself as a good one too. that should do!

lol.
I think the question is whether you would choose to be born a Nigerian if you had the choice,not about being born again.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by maree7(f): 5:15am On Apr 15, 2007
lol , yea its not about being born again. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 7:56am On Apr 15, 2007
Nigeria will always be dear to me even in the world to come.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by maree7(f): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2007
word!!! wink
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by dblock(m): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2007
Won't all memory of naija be erased in the world to come cry
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 2:53am On Apr 16, 2007
Not @ orl
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by maree7(f): 3:47am On Apr 16, 2007
dblock:

Won't all memory of naija be erased in the world to come cry

No

in fact the opposite will happen

watch grin
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 7:11am On Apr 16, 2007
LOL

Abi oh
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by laudate: 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2007
I don't know how many lifetimes exist on this side of eternity, but I would love to be re-born as a Naija person, no matter how many times it takes.  Am not only Naija by birth, but wholly Naija in deed and truth. Long live Nigeria and God bless this nation, for ever!!

"I love my country, I no go lie,"
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2007
NO!!!

Nigeria is a country in which 99% of citizens are unable to reach their full potential.

In my last year in school, a friend of mine was telling me about his friend who was in yankee.she'd been his classmate in secondary school, and she'd always wanted to read elect engineering, but she was bad at math.anyway, she'd just started work at an engineering firm in yankee. and there was her friend, a year below me, and both of us were still struggling in school.thats Naija for you. a country where you are robbed of opportunities and your dreams die.

our leaders are always so fond of pointing at successful nigerians in the diaspora.but they all seem to forget that the nigerians are outside. what would they have become, if they'd not left these shores? Lemar came to perform some weeks back.if he'd been in naija all his life, he might still be struggling in university or maybe he'd be a wage slave in a bank.

why would i want to be born in a country where the average citizen has little or no civil rights, has access to the most minimal of standard social amenities, where thieves are celebrated as national heros, where role models are few and far between, where even those of us lucky to be born to the middle class or better cannot deny the grinding poverty that persists all around us?

i wouldn't want to be born to billionaire parents, though. most of the children of the rich i hear about seem to be seriously f**ked up by growing up in an environment where all their wants are met.

I am proud to be making an honest(if meagre) living in Nigeria, to have surmounted the nightmare we call an educational system, that i have managed to provide myself with water and electricity,but i have no desire to relive any of those obstacles if i have a choice.

of course nigeria is an interesting country and Nigerians live in interesting times.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2007
Yes,there are so many ills in Nigeria,but home is still the best.
Haven't lost hope in Nigeria and never will.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by maree7(f): 12:53am On Apr 18, 2007
I will never loose hope neither, grin despite of all the flaws in Nigeria, every developed country went through their own version of hell but they stuck together that is why they are great now.

God Bless Nigeria wink
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by omogenaija(f): 12:55am On Apr 18, 2007
yes of course i would want to be nigerian again again again again and again

who is to that the nigeria of next lifetime will not be as good as america or even better

i love myself and my culture to much to change anything bout it
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 1:48am On Apr 18, 2007
9ja for ever.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by laudate: 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2007
oyb:

NO!!!

Nigeria is a country in which 99% of citizens are unable to reach their full potential.

In my last year in school, a friend of mine was telling me about his friend who was in yankee.she'd been his classmate in secondary school, and she'd always wanted to read elect engineering, but she was bad at math.anyway, she'd just started work at an engineering firm in yankee. and there was her friend, a year below me, and both of us were still struggling in school.thats Naija for you. a country where you are robbed of opportunities and your dreams die.

our leaders are always so fond of pointing at successful nigerians in the diaspora.but they all seem to forget that the nigerians are outside. what would they have become, if they'd not left these shores? Lemar came to perform some weeks back.if he'd been in naija all his life, he might still be struggling in university or maybe he'd be a wage slave in a bank.

Can't believe I just read this!! Are you saying that no one can point to Nigerians who have lived in Naija, studied here, worked here, spent their whole lives at home and have become a success story? Take a look at the Tony Elumelu's of this world - the chap who runs UBA bank, the likes of Fola Adeola that established Guaranty Trust Bank, the Femi Otedolas, the Raymond Obieri's of Intercontinental etc.

Listen, I have seen several Nigerians abroad, who fell through the cracks in the system and were unable to make it there. Yet, they continue to stay in Yankee or Jand, because they are afraid to come back home. Why? They have nothing to show for all their long stay in those places. Some dishonest ones, resort to all sorts of illegal practices in those places, just to keep body & soul together. Others manage to eke out a living doing menial jobs, despite the degrees they have, because they have not been able to retrain & get a white-collar job or simply because their residency papers are not legit. For every Naija that made it abroad, there are still several others that didn't make it, in God's own country!

Abeg, gold does not grow on the streets abroad, neither do high-flyin' opportunities. In the same way you have disillusioned Nigerians back home, you also have disllusioned Nigerians in diaspora who have watched their dreams take a flying leap into the dust.
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 5:51am On Apr 25, 2007
People dnt know it

Naija till i die
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by star01(m): 5:52am On Apr 25, 2007
NIGERIAN hell no, south africa BABY
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by maree7(f): 6:35am On Apr 25, 2007
south africa?

Nowhere like ma country Nigeria tongue
Re: Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? by ebeledi(m): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2007
maree7:

south africa?

Nowhere like ma country Nigeria tongue

wow whats so good about s a. number one aids in the world, have been oppressed by white people for centuries do you think something like that would happen in naija

as well as higher murder rates even in villages
their big cities may be more modern due to the white people who dominate the country ,but it is nothing to brag about

no offense to the S.A. s
im just proud 2 be a naija man
naija all day, giant of africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians & Foreign Accents / 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. / Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.