Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,096 members, 7,849,425 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:16 PM

Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed (1407 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway / Live Update Of Pdp Campaign Flag Off In Enugu For Gej 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2011
I ACTUALLY WEPT WHEN CHIEF AUDU OGBE SAID IN 1975, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN WAS AMONG THE 1ST 10TH UNIVERSITIES IN THE WORLD (RATED BY THE BRITISH PRESS), NOW WE ARE NOT EVEN IN THE 1ST 50 IN AFRICA.

16 MILLION KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL RIGHT NOW, BUT ONLY 1% GETS ADMITTED, SOME OF THEM FALL OUT DUE TO LACK OF PROPER EDUCATION.

NAIRA WAS DEVALUED TO PLEASE WESTERN NATIONS TO THE DETRIMENT OF OUR OWN ECONOMY AND PEOPLE

ALL FACTS, PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS ARE BEING DISCUSSED.

DON'T MISS IT PLEASE.

ITS ON ABOUT 4 LOCAL STATIONS INCLUDING AIT.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 1:23pm On Feb 16, 2011
Presidential candidate of the ACN in the person of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu is outlining his vission and manifesto live on tv now.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by Johndoe100(m): 1:26pm On Feb 16, 2011
The only Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed is how anyone can be so s. tupid as to take ACN seriously.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by isuomo: 1:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
JohnDoe, it is foolish and mediocre people like you who perpetrate the preponderance of mediocrity at various levels in Nigeria. So anyone who takes Ribadu serious is Stupid? and those who take Goodluck serious are the wise ones? i really weep for this generation of Nigerians who will prefer a Jonathan just because he his from the minority and "we need to show the northerners" and not because of what he has to offer the nation. Thankfully no one is compelled to vote GEJ and i surely know who not to cast my votes for in April it is a shame that come April, a lot of people will vote along your sentimental lines and forget that the progress of the country should supercede tribal and primordial sentiments.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
@isuomo
Please do not let him derail this thread, don't respond to any stoopid comment, please.

Ribadu said when he was still in the EFCC, we had $60billion dollars in our foreign reserves, right now, we have less than $1 billion dollars, where did $59 billion dollars go? within 2007 and now?
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2011
it would be nice to have callers call-in on the show to ask a pertinent question like
1: What Measurable benefits have ACN brought to Lagosians in the past 12 years. that are beyond their statutory obligations catered for in the Constitution. are they even meeting their statutory obligations (satisfactorily) given the budget allocations since the past 12 years
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by seanet02: 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2011
Johndoe100:

The only Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed is how anyone can be so s. tupid as to take ACN seriously.
another St.upid. Ranting of ibos crooks
lagerwhenindoubt:

it would be nice to have callers call-in on the show to ask a pertinent question like
1: What Measurable benefits have ACN brought to Lagosians in the past 12 years. that are beyond their statutory obligations catered for in the Constitution. are they even meeting their statutory obligations (satisfactorily) given the budget allocations since the past 12 years
yeah, they are not meeting it but m.oron when last did you pay your tax?
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2011
Ribadu promise to provide 1 million housing unit annually if he's made the president come April 29th by engaging the mortgage banks and commercial banks just like Lagos is doing with some banks.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 1:53pm On Feb 16, 2011
@Lagger

Lagos is topping the most performing states in Nigeria, but is not the top state collecting the highest allocation, he's not even in the 1st 5 states collecting the highest allocation.

We need other states to challenge Lagos and other ACN states into performing better and not sitting back.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2011
honeric01:

NAIRA WAS DEVALUED TO PLEASE WESTERN NATIONS TO THE DETRIMENT OF OUR OWN ECONOMY AND PEOPLE

This a fact? undecided
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by tollu: 1:59pm On Feb 16, 2011
Is a new Nigeria truly possible? With the kind of citizens we have?
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This a fact? undecided

Yes it is or don't you believe it?

Remember the Buhari time not accepting to devalue naira and the IBB time devaluing the naira?
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2011
Fashola's manifesto being discussed.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
Federal government has not built any new road in Lagos since 1991 - Gov Fashola. angry
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by tollu: 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, I heard that as well but are you honestly surprised?
Fashola is a communicator. Coherent and articulate
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2011
^^^

I am enjoying this man, see how's engaging people, stating things one after the other, not leaving them unanswered.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by ladi02(m): 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2011
any link to watch this online?
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2011
seanet02:

another St.upid. Ranting of ibos crooks yeah, they are not meeting it but m.oron when last did you pay your tax?

Just a question you could have just answered, no need tacking insults to your reply; it does not add to your intended comment (in fact it removes all evidence of tact and intelligence you are trying to put on in the first place)
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by KnowAll(m): 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2011
[size=16pt]THE DEVALUATION OF THE NAIRA IS THE GREATEST EVIL PERPETUATED AGAINST THE NIGERIAN NATION AND PEOPLE. IT SURPASES ALL THE POGROMS WE HAVE WITNESS IN THIS COUNTRY, IN FACT IT IS ONE UN-GOING AND CONTINIOUS POGROM, SENDING MANY INFANTS & ELDERLY TO EARLY DEATH. THE EFFECT OF THIS SHAMELESS POLICY HAS TURNED SISTER'S AGAINST BROTHER'S AND SON'S AGAINST THEIR FATHER'S IN THE NAME OF MAKING A QUICK BUCK THROUGH THE DASTARDLY ACT OF KIDNAPPING.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE STOP AND  HALT THIS EVIL POLICY, WHY WOULD A COUNTRY UP TO A FEW MONTHS AGO, THAT HAS MORE IN RESERVE THAN THE PIG(Portugal, Ireland, & Greece) NATIONS CONTINUE TO WALLOW IN ABJECT AND DELIBERATE POVERTY.

WE NEED TO MAKE A STANCE NOW, IF FOREIGN EXCHANGE STARVED ZIMBABWE CAN MAKE A STANCE BY DECLARING THE AMERICAN DOLLAR AS THE OFFICIAL CURRENCY OF CHOICE IN THEIR OWN NATION DUE TO THE COLLASPE OF HER OWN CURRENCY WHY IS OUR GOD-FORSAKEN COUNTRY NOT EXERCISING HER RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION, A CHOICE ALL NATIONS IN THE WORLD HAS. WE HAVE SEEN BRAZIL, ARGENTINA ARE MANY SOUTH AMERICAN COUNTRIES EXERCISE THIS INDELIBLE RIGHT WITHOUT RE-COURSE TO ANY SANCTIONS FROM THE POWERS THAT NEED BE.[/size]
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2011
About to speak on human right and youth empowerment?
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by ladi02(m): 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2011
We need to begin our own revolution by going to Polls and Voting out PDP!
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by komando7(m): 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2011
Am waiting to hear the APGA manifesto. Topical issues will be discussed. Fashola is doing well sha.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2011
honeric01:

Yes it is or don't you believe it?

Remember the Buhari time not accepting to devalue naira and the IBB time devaluing the naira?

Actually, as much as I hated what happened back over 20 years ago, I still do not see how today, after so many years of our not correctly it, we can still blame it on another country. Didn't we, just recently, devalue our naira again? What proof is the fact based on?
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by ladi02(m): 2:30pm On Feb 16, 2011
One day fashola will be the President or Vice-President of this Country!
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Actually, as much as I hated what happened back over 20 years ago, I still do not see how today, after so many years of our not correctly it, we can still blame it on another country. Didn't we, just recently, devalue our naira again? What proof is the fact based on?

But knowing where it started from is the 1st step to finding a solution, the past administrative have actually deliberately refuse to correct it, this is what ACN are trying to work on.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2011
honeric01:

But knowing where it started from is the 1st step to finding a solution, the past administrative have actually deliberately refuse to correct it, this is what ACN are trying to work on.

Nope!!! The problem with the naira today has little to do with where it was 20 years ago, in my opinion. We have had ample time to correct the so called injustice since then but the recent devaluing leaves me with more questions to this fact. So, I say we check, is that claim really a fact or just conjecture masquerading as fact?

If memory serves me right, I believe up until a couple of years ago, we had the naira exchanging at two different values, one I believe as low as 20 something which was for officials, and the other as high as 118 -120 for everyone else. So, again, we have had opportunities to correct for this but have not.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by honeric01(m): 2:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
^^^^

Still burst down to the unwillingness of the past and present administrators to correct the anomalies
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2011
honeric01:

^^^^

Still burst down to the unwillingness of the past and present administrators to correct the anomalies

Well, if that is the case, then why are we blaming some other group for it? I mean if we really believe we did it to please another, why do it again and again, and then come up to state it as fact? If anything, this disproves the initial claim.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by wesley80(m): 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2011
I've got to admit this is one very mature flag-off ceremony, very very encouraging and real issues are being discussed. If only I didnt know those guys speaking so eloquently were crooks also. Ribadu has got a lot to learn though, he scored a plus for saying he slept without light and a double minus for saying his house was close to the Villa IMO. All in all, quite commendable.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by KnowAll(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2011
Nope!!! The problem with the naira today has little to do with where it was 20 years ago, in my opinion. We have had ample time to correct the so called injustice since then but the recent devaluing leaves me with more questions to this fact. So, I say we check, is that claim really a fact or just conjecture masquerading as fact

Currency does not drop from 1 to 1 to 1 to 200 to 1 without any country raising an eye-brow, basically it destroys savings, investment, returns on investment e.t.c why would a country that has foreign exchange coming into the coffers of the state by way of oil revenues whether oil is sold at $10 or $100.00 a barrel allow that to happen. At worst the country should embark on austerity measures which the UK government is already doing not 25,000% devaluation of her currency.

True as you said what happened 20 years ago should not be use for reasons of recent devaluations of the Naira. But then no matter how u look at the current devaluation it is within the paradigm of what an acceptable devaluation is,  a 25% devaluation as suppose to a 25,000% devaluation.

I would readily accept 50% devaluation today at 1 to 1 which would peak the naira at N1.5 to $1
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by foreman: 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2011
isuomo:

JohnDoe, it is foolish and mediocre people like you who perpetrate the preponderance of mediocrity at various levels in Nigeria. So anyone who takes Ribadu serious is silly? and those who take Goodluck serious are the wise ones? i really weep for this generation of Nigerians who will prefer a Jonathan just because he his from the minority and "we need to show the northerners" and not because of what he has to offer the nation. Thankfully no one is compelled to vote GEJ and i surely know who not to cast my votes for in April it is a shame that come April, a lot of people will vote along your sentimental lines and forget that the progress of the country should supercede tribal and primordial sentiments.

These guys are paid to do what they are doing. so learn to live with them.
Re: Acn Campaign Flag-off Live On Tv, Mind Provoking Facts Being Discussed by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2011
KnowAll:

Currency does not drop from 1 to 1 to 1 to 200 to 1 without any country raising an eye-brow, basically it destroys savings, investment, returns on investment e.t.c why would a country that has foreign exchange coming into the coffers of the state by way of oil revenues whether oil is sold at $10 or $100.00 a barrel allow that to happen. At worst the country should embark on austerity measures which the UK government is already doing not 25,000% devaluation of her currency.

True as you said what happened 20 years ago should not be use for reasons of recent devaluations of the Naira. But then no matter how u look at the current devaluation it is within the paradigm of what an acceptable devaluation is,  a 25% devaluation as suppose to a 25,000% devaluation.

I would readily accept 50% devaluation today at 1 to 1 which would peak the naira at N1.5 to $1

I am not arguing devaluation, I am arguing the validity of the claim made in this case. Should-a-could-a-would-a . . . the point is the claimed fact seems out there with all the other attempts we make, and our politicians make, to blame others for our self-inflicted woes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Dbanj Cannot Represent The Youths -facts And Pix / Nigerian Destroys Life Of Poor Woman Through Greed. . . . . / A Nice Write Up On Boko Haram. By Aliyu Tilde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.