Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name (44394 Views)

Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers / Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- / Ballon D’ Or 2018: Samuel Eto’o Reveals Player To Win Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by solonubinho(m): 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dead club
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by WavyJohn: 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
http://T.m e/Bankroll_10days

Remove the space in M and E.
You know the drill.
I was online and lucky last night. No gain in winning alone.

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by earnit3: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
ok
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by damosky12(m): 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
Maobichek:
I won't underestimate the ability of Messi but saying Barca is Messi is wrong in it entirety. The problem that Messi has is that he can't prove what you guys attributed to him. The two wonder player that distinguish Barca are Iniesta and Xavier. Iniesta played his first game in Barca in 2002 and Messi played his first game in 2004, Iniesta has been the reason why the absence of Dinho, Eto etc were not felt. the 5 champions league Barca has, Iniesta won 4. Barca has not been able to replace Iniesta, that is the problem in Barca, Coutinho can't play like Iniesta and he was loaned out though he is a good player. If Messi go to another team or remain in Barca, if there is no one to control the mildfiled like Iniesta did, he will remain average, thank you.

Don't bother yourself with this long story. I'll spare you the headache.

Simply remove Messi's goals and the goals he assisted away from all of Barca's goals and see what is left.

Start from 2014. Then, comeback.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Etoo nah baller abeg.

Etoo and Mane.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by oaugraduate1234(m): 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Naso. Messi is the only difference between Barcelona and teams like Astonvilla
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Asour: 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
lexy2014:

How did he "lead" d successful spells in d club?

He was overwhelmingly adjudged the most effective player of the club for the decade or so.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by madridsta007(m): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
paulolee:
yeah, I saw that post yesterday and i thought he was jus joking about the news of messi leaving barca..
messi would surely leave barca when he retires because everything have its end but our fear would be if barca can easily replace him when he's gone..
barca have been in existence years before leo was born and barca would still remain even if he leaves today but barca and world football would surely miss this GOAT when he retires bt with time, we all would get over messi bcoz humans generally have short memories..

Barca hasnt been able to produce another fabregas, let alone another Xavi or Iniesta.
Producing another Messi would be a miracle for MANY reasons.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by lexy2014: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
Asour:

He was overwhelmingly adjudged the most effective player of the club for the decade or so.

I didn't ask WHAT he was adjuged. I asked HOW did he "lead" d successful spells in d club?
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by uunwanaobong3: 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2020
There are 4 legend who have contributed in building a modern mancity team, and in all honesty these 4 legends deserve a status and stories will be told to generations.
Their legendary position and talent are on these order:

1. David silva.... The greatest and most skillful player ever to play in premier league (I rate silva along with iniesta as the most skillful and flexible players the world has ever seen)

2. Kun Aguero........ The greatest striker and the most destructive force premier league has ever see ( it took aguero 200 less games than Allan sherea to reach 200 EPL goal for mancity) ..... Brutality.

3. Yaya Toure......... The greatest and the most energized box to box midfielder the premier league and Europe has ever seen ( he was an energy box, with his solo Yaya Toure tademark run and goal, deadly free kicks, bully defenders and scoring more than 20goals without penalty from midfield in epl)

4. Vincent company (captain fantastic)......... The only man who could captain the 3 legends listed above. He was bullish and stood up for the club in times of trouble.......... One of the best defenders I have ever seen, but because of his injuries, I will not call him the best because he misses so much games.

De-bruyne is not yet a legend....... But among the current mancity stars today, he is the only one closer to joining this legend list if he continues with this current form for mancity for the next 5 years
( Honestly debryune is the only player in the world that has the same attribute to xavi and that is the attribute of AN EAGLE EYES....... These two players can even give Satan an assist from hell) 156 key chances created by debryune this season in epl (who does that),....... Even Newcastle as a club created 144 key chances....... Messi and Muller that got 21 assist each created 68 and 61 key chances respectively.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by senatepresido: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!

Very true Samuel. You deserve a wrap from me.

The god of football himself, Messi. All due reverence!!

I'm gonna make sure I build a sanctuary in Messi's name so children can come and pray to be blessed and play soccer like this god in human form.

Messi is inarguably my GOAT anyday anytime twice on a weekday if you ask me.

Ronaldo and the rest should go and suck a dick!!!

Who has scored 90+ goals in a year again?? Go and argue with your fore fathers.

If i have to choose between Messi and my weed, I'd go for the former even if the latter is my bestie, that's how much Messi is great.

Modified

Weed over everything abeg!!

Weed is life!!
you be slowmir?
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Asour: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't ask WHAT he was adjuged. I asked HOW did he "lead" d successful spells in d club?

Goals/assists and brilliant playmaking.

Especially between 2009-2015 but also other years.

Hahaha! It's funny you ask this.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by oyatainer(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
Maobichek:
I won't underestimate the ability of Messi but saying Barca is Messi is wrong in it entirety. The problem that Messi has is that he can't prove what you guys attributed to him. The two wonder player that distinguish Barca are Iniesta and Xavier. Iniesta played his first game in Barca in 2002 and Messi played his first game in 2004, Iniesta has been the reason why the absence of Dinho, Eto etc were not felt. the 5 champions league Barca has, Iniesta won 4. Barca has not been able to replace Iniesta, that is the problem in Barca, Coutinho can't play like Iniesta and he was loaned out though he is a good player. If Messi go to another team or remain in Barca, if there is no one to control the mildfiled like Iniesta did, he will remain average, thank you.

The problem at Barca is much more than a player. It is the end of an era and this happens to every team. We didn't feel it in time because of Messi. No complete team reign for more than ten years.

It is obvious that Messi defines this era. Had it not for his ability Barca ought to be fighting for top four just like in 2007 when they had to fight till last day to get top four before they went to play play off.

It's not surprising that Barca deteriorate like this. It has happened to Milan, Liverpool, United and host of others. Don't forget Man United and Barca are at par before Messi Era. Where are they now in the last ten years?

Messi will forever be remembered in the history of Barcelona. Barca in their entire trophy museum had about fifty trophies before Messi and they have had close to 90 now all thanks to Messi.

Let's forget the sentiment, he is phenomenon and the teammates even confessed to this. The recent remarks pointing to this is Samuel Eto's.

No doubt other players are good but Messi is spectacular. Down inside you, you also know but because everyone always expects near perfection from him causes this.

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by oyatainer(m): 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
madridsta007:

Barca hasnt been able to produce another fabregas, let alone another Xavi or Iniesta.

Barca don't need to produce another Messi. They didn't produce another Ronaldinho, Figo, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Cruff, or Maradona.

They are known for producing the best. Barca existed before Messi and they shall continue to exist when he leaves. This is end of an era. They must address it as such.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by madridsta007(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
oyatainer:

Barca don't need to produce another Messi. They didn't produce another Ronaldinho, Figo, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Cruff, or Maradona.

They are known for producing the best. Barca existed before Messi and they shall continue to exist when he leaves. This is end of an era. They must address it as such.

Before Ronaldinho era ended, they had a certain Messi waiting in the wings. I can say that for a number of their key players.
They seem to have forgotten La Masia for a while.
I cant point out to a player now that will replace Iniesta, Xavi, let alone Messi.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by ofiko123(m): 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
Messi is a great player no doubt..
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by dotedote: 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
Stale gist

Guyman02:
If Chelsea used 180 mins plus one red card to receive 7:1, and Barcelona used 90mins without red card to receive 8:2, calculate how many will Barcelona receive if they are to play additional 90mins with one red card.?

NB: Show workings

Solution
Let x represent number of goals
Let y represent team B (Barcelona)
Let e represent team A minutes (Chelsea)
Let z represent team B minutes (Barcelona)
Let m represent team A formation (11-1)
Let t represent team A goals (7-1)
Let u represent team B goals (8-2)
Let d represent team B formation (11)

∆, x=y[e{m÷t} of z{d(u)}]
x=y[180{(11-1)÷(7-1)} of 90{11(8-2)}]
x=y[180{10÷6} of 90{11(6)}]
x=y[180{1.66} ÷ 90{66}]
x=y[298.8 ÷ 5940]
x=y(298.8÷5940)
x=y(19.87)
x=19.87y
Approximately, 19.87= 20
∆ x=20y
y×y×x=20y×y
Xy²=20y²
Xy²/y²=20y²/y²
Therefore, x=20

The number of goals Barcelona will receive is 20 if they played 180mins with 1 red card

*Copied*
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by paulolee(m): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
madridsta007:

nooo ma gee, is nt about producing anoda leo but its about building a winning team because the rest of Europe do win matches without messi, its abt having a strong team that can win matches but i dnt see any other individual player dt barca would depend on soo much like messi..
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by engrchykae(m): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
DEROX:
messi is barca and barca is messi
dingho left,Barca didn't change name.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Maobichek: 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
damosky12:

Don't bother yourself with this long story. I'll spare you the headache.

Simply remove Messi's goals and the goals he assisted away from all of Barca's goals and see what is left.

Start from 2014. Then, comeback.
. The last time Barca won Champions league was in 2015 against Juve. We all know what Barca does whether home or away, they dominate all their matches. Jose Morinho's Inter Milian eliminated Barca in Spain but the statistics was Barca 70, Inter 30. Messi did very well but Messi is not Barca and not bigger than Barca. I believe that Messi will continue playing in Barca or elsewhere, we will see how he will fare ok. Look at Argentina national team, Messi becomes average anytime he plays for his country despite the all the super stars in Argentina. we have seen him at the national team, let's watch at club side without Iniesta and Xavier, thank you.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by FirePower1(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
At the moment Barca 2-8 Bayern.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by damosky12(m): 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
Maobichek:
. The last time Barca won Champions league was in 2015 against Juve. We all know what Barca does whether home or away, they dominate all their matches. Jose Morinho's Inter Milian eliminated Barca in Spain but the statistics was Barca 70, Inter 30. Messi did very well but Messi is not Barca and not bigger than Barca. I believe that Messi will continue playing in Barca or elsewhere, we will see how he will fare ok. Look at Argentina national team, Messi becomes average anytime he plays for his country despite the all the super stars in Argentina. we have seen him at the national team, let's watch at club side without Iniesta and Xavier, thank you.

You haven't responded. Check out the ratio of Messi's goals and assists to Barca's over all goals. Man is involved in WELL OVER 50 percent of Barca's total goals. Virtually every move starts from him.

Messi is average when he plays for Argentina? Yet, he has 70 goals and 42 assists in 138 games How is this average?

By goals and assists (per number of games), Messi has contributed more to his national team than Ronaldo has. Do your findings...

Messi is Barca.

Messi has been vital to Argentina too. If not, Argentina would have been off the radar.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Edoziesmart(m): 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
175:
Suya boy just dey comment rubbish up there!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink
Is he still selling suya or audio suya? Waiting on bụbu to pay him 30k stipend on monthly basis
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Blackmiserable(m): 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Guyman02:
If Chelsea used 180 mins plus one red card to receive 7:1, and Barcelona used 90mins without red card to receive 8:2, calculate how many will Barcelona receive if they are to play additional 90mins with one red card.?

NB: Show workings

Solution
Let x represent number of goals
Let y represent team B (Barcelona)
Let e represent team A minutes (Chelsea)
Let z represent team B minutes (Barcelona)
Let m represent team A formation (11-1)
Let t represent team A goals (7-1)
Let u represent team B goals (8-2)
Let d represent team B formation (11)

∆, x=y[e{m÷t} of z{d(u)}]
x=y[180{(11-1)÷(7-1)} of 90{11(8-2)}]
x=y[180{10÷6} of 90{11(6)}]
x=y[180{1.66} ÷ 90{66}]
x=y[298.8 ÷ 5940]
x=y(298.8÷5940)
x=y(19.87)
x=19.87y
Approximately, 19.87= 20
∆ x=20y
y×y×x=20y×y
Xy²=20y²
Xy²/y²=20y²/y²
Therefore, x=20

The number of goals Barcelona will receive is 20 if they played 180mins with 1 red card

*Copied*

Nairaland kill me with laughter
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
paulolee:
yeah, I saw that post yesterday and i thought he was jus joking about the news of messi leaving barca..
messi would surely leave barca when he retires because everything have its end but our fear would be if barca can easily replace him when he's gone..
barca have been in existence years before leo was born and barca would still remain even if he leaves today but barca and world football would surely miss this GOAT when he retires bcoz i dnt see any oda genius dt a club like barca would confidently depend on for years, but with time we all would forget n get over messi bcoz humans generally have short memories... dts life
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by ReeLoaDead(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2020
Maobichek:
Iniesta & Xavi are the unsung heroes of Barca ....
They won UCL with/because of those two.
There are so many other contributors to that team.
I agree, saying that Barca is just one player is a stretch.

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by ReeLoaDead(m): 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
damosky12:

You haven't responded. Check out the ratio of Messi's goals and assists to Barca's over all goals. Man is involved in WELL OVER 50 percent of Barca's total goals. Virtually every move starts from him.

Messi is average when he plays for Argentina? Yet, he has 70 goals and 42 assists in 138 games How is this average?

By goals and assists (per number of games), Messi has contributed more to his national team than Ronaldo has. Do your findings...

Messi is Barca.

Messi has been vital to Argentina too. If not, Argentina would have been off the radar.
Why didn’t Messi score any of those goals for Argentina in the finals? He faced Chile twice and should have taken the opportunities.
CR7 has led Portugal to Euro glory
Messi has delivered excuses to Argentina: blaming their FA, the grass .... you name it grin
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by damosky12(m): 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
ReeLoaDead:

Why didn’t Messi score any of those goals for Argentina in the finals? He faced Chile twice and should have taken the opportunities.
CR7 has led Portugal to Euro glory
Messi has delivered excuses to Argentina: blaming their FA, the grass .... you name it grin

How old are you?

Teams win trophies.

There is little a player, no matter how extraordinary, can do if the team is not wired for it.

Check out Messi and Ronaldo's international goal and assist stats. You'll confirm that Messi has contributed more to his national team than Ronaldo.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by ReeLoaDead(m): 12:27am On Aug 19, 2020
damosky12:

How old are you?

Teams win trophies.

There is little a player, no matter how extraordinary, can do if the team is not wired for it.

Check out Messi and Ronaldo's international goal and assist stats. You'll confirm that Messi has contributed more to his national team than Ronaldo.
Will Argentina hang a picture of Messi total goals scored in their trophy cabinet?? grin grin
Look at this small boy. Wake up and ask Messi to win a Copa America trophy OK!!! grin
Are you trying to tell me Chile had a more talented team than Messi’s Argentina in 2016 Copa??
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Chapelbeatz(m): 5:00am On Aug 19, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!

Very true Samuel. You deserve a wrap from me.

The god of football himself, Messi. All due reverence!!

I'm gonna make sure I build a sanctuary in Messi's name so children can come and pray to be blessed and play soccer like this god in human form.

Messi is inarguably my GOAT anyday anytime twice on a weekday if you ask me.

Ronaldo and the rest should go and suck a dick!!!

Who has scored 90+ goals in a year again?? Go and argue with your fore fathers.

If i have to choose between Messi and my weed, I'd go for the former even if the latter is my bestie, that's how much Messi is great.

Modified

Weed over everything abeg!!

Weed is life!!

Wetin happen to your other account boss?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Empties Locker At Juventus / Dinma, Wilfred Ndidi's Wife Gave All Friends Flower Instead Of Throwing Bouquet / Asisat Oshoala Storms Mushin With Her CAF Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.