Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

How Can One Calculate His Offerings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Calculate His Offerings? (947 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Calculate His Offerings? by rowlandwhy: 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2007
Is it based on your per capita income,
or based on how u spend your money?

I know tithe is 1/10 how can one calculate offerings?
Re: How Can One Calculate His Offerings? by nossycheek(f): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2007
I don't know anywhere in the Bible where we are told to calculate our offerings but we were told to give cheerfully. And that I believe is enough to guide a Christian. Just know that God deserves pleasant offerings and so give freely from the bottom of your heart without restraint.
Re: How Can One Calculate His Offerings? by Aproko(f): 10:54am On Jun 19, 2007
rowlandwhy:

Is it based on your per capita income,
or based on how u spend your money?

I know tithe is 1/10 how can one calculate offerings?

LMAO grin grin which offering are you reffering to? is it the offering for church development? offering for church generator? offering for church building? thanksgiving offering? 1st or 2nd offering? which one my dear?
Re: How Can One Calculate His Offerings? by dreamnaira(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2007
i don't think there is any place in the Bible that u should so so per centage of offering.
offering shows our commitment to d service of God and mankind. giving arms is kind of offering too, so calculating it doesn't make any sense to me.
Re: How Can One Calculate His Offerings? by barikade: 11:12am On Jun 19, 2007
2 Cor. 9:7 - 'Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.'

Now, what does it mean to read that someone should give as he/she purposes in heart?

(a) a certain believer makes a commitment to give a certain sum - that is what he/she had purposed in his heart to give; and he does it cheerfully.

(b) it doesn't have to be so acutely calculated (not of necessity); and here is where I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that tithes always have to be 10%.

(c) give freely of whatever you are led to give; and praise God in it.

(1) (Reply)

Red Mosque Extremists, Hypocrisy And Giving Muslims A Bad Name! / The Biblical Descent Of Man / Christian Evangelism In Uganda: Taking It To The Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.