Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches (1171 Views)

Americans Support FG's Ban Of Twitter(photos) / Tambuwal: PDP Governors Will Support FG To Fight Insecurity / Oyo State Introduces Levies On Churches, Mosques, Businesses For Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Minsk24: 5:49am On Aug 18, 2020
The new order from FG which could lead to Govt oversight of Religious bodies in the country is a coming at a right time... Coupled with the effects of the lockdown on churches and the perceived genocide of Christian ethnic minorities in the north... All these are setting the pace for a potential revolution..
What some Nigerians who are hungry for change have not realized is that for any revolution to take place... Religious bodies have to be involved.. Religion is the opium of the masses and when our religious leaders take an active role to speak out against the evil leaders we have, that is when the real change will happen..
Shoutout to some catholic figures for speaking out... I expect to see more from pentecostals as well..
Everything is gradually working well and hopefully the relationship between Abuja and the churches continues to breakdown...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by helinues: 6:00am On Aug 18, 2020
cool

Sheepish are coming for you...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Minsk24: 6:31am On Aug 18, 2020
helinues:
cool

Sheepish are coming for you...
Lol, its for our own good... I believe for every political revolution that happens, the heavyweight subtly digs their own grave in ways they might not understand...
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by helinues: 6:33am On Aug 18, 2020
Minsk24:

Lol, its for our own good... I believe for every political revolution that happens, the heavyweight subtly digs their own grave in ways they might not understand...

You don't get the reasoning of the Sheepish...

Their first priority consideration must be their god of men first before the public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Pollosa1: 6:41am On Aug 18, 2020
Who cares what you support

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by adenigga(m): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2020
''Religion is the opium of the masses''

The above quote is inappropriate for your argument!

From the translation of the quote, it's the religious leaders that are taking their congregants for a fool. If you know the meaning of Opium, you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by HarunaWest(m): 6:52am On Aug 18, 2020
adenigga:

From the translation of the quote, it's the religious leaders that are taking their congregants for a fool. If you know the meaning of Opium, you will understand.
He doesn't comprehend what he said. He just wrote it.. He didn't realized that Karl max used that quote to slight the masses.
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by backnbeta(f): 6:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Minsk24:
The new order from FG which could lead to Govt oversight of Religious bodies in the country is a coming at a right time... Coupled with the effects of the lockdown on churches and the perceived genocide of Christian ethnic minorities in the north... All these are setting the pace for a potential revolution..
What some Nigerians who are hungry for change have not realized is that for any revolution to take place... Religious bodies have to be involved.. Religion is the opium of the masses and when our religious leaders take an active role to speak out against the evil leaders we have, that is when the real change will happen..
Shoutout to some catholic figures for speaking out... I expect to see more from pentecostals as well..
Everything is gradually working well and hopefully the relationship between Abuja and the churches continues to breakdown...
Your write-up makes sense and it may work out in the favor of Christians eventually, unfortunately, the anti-Christians will only rush to post a response after seeing your topic, without reading your post. The fact still remains that the government have no business in the church's management. Fighting the body of Christ is a big mistake for any government, or individual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by adenigga(m): 7:07am On Aug 18, 2020
HarunaWest:

He doesn't comprehend what he said. He just wrote it.. He didn't realized that Karl max used that quote to slight the masses.

You are a genius!!!

I respect those that are loaded upstairs.

more wisdoms & knowledge to you!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Toosure70: 7:41am On Aug 18, 2020
MUmu
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by willybaby(m): 8:29am On Aug 18, 2020
adenigga:

tell him o Mr quoter... He basically called religious persons slaves and that's why the government wants to restore sanity
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by willybaby(m): 8:33am On Aug 18, 2020
backnbeta:

Your write-up makes sense and it may work out in the favor of Christians eventually, unfortunately, the anti-Christians will only rush to post a response after seeing your topic, without reading your post. The fact still remains that the government have no business in the church's management. Fighting the body of Christ is a big mistake for any government, or individual.
Mr how and why would you say the government has no authority over the church, and mind you the law ain't just for churches alone, Jesus paid his taxes, if the parents of Jesus didn't obey the government and go to be counted he might have been killed at birth and the Bible itself says submit to your rulers and pray for them also give to Cesar what belongs to him.. Cesar ain't a deity as pastor's now claim he was just a king

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Minsk24: 8:35am On Aug 18, 2020
adenigga:

Lol, you misunderstood me oga...
"religion is the opium of the masses" in this argument simply means that Nigerian Christians will react if Christian leaders urges them to do so...
If more Christian leaders continue to speak against The Govt under this climate of perceived Govt aggression against Christianity, believe me Nigerians will Pour out on the streets...
It is the same everywhere... Religion has always bn a tool to stir the people for war...
That is my point, I do not mean to say, religious leaders think their followers are foolish..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Minsk24: 8:36am On Aug 18, 2020
willybaby:
tell him o Mr quoter... He basically called religious persons slaves and that's why the government wants to restore sanity
That's not my point.... Try and see it from my point of view ..
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by sainteve4r(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2020
Finally the Revolution is here grin grin
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Minsk24: 8:39am On Aug 18, 2020
willybaby:
Mr how and why would you say the government has no authority over the church, and mind you the law ain't just for churches alone, Jesus paid his taxes, if the parents of Jesus didn't obey the government and go to be counted he might have been killed at birth and the Bible itself says submit to your rulers and pray for them also give to Cesar what belongs to him.. Cesar ain't a deity as pastor's now claim he was just a king

Please i do not mean to spark any conflict in this thread.... Nigeria is divided country where there is complete lack of trust in the govt..
And even worse when the government is controlled by Muslims... So please understand the suspicion of Christians, its normal..
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Minsk24: 8:40am On Aug 18, 2020
backnbeta:

Lol the government can do as they please... Its up to the masses he fight back...
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Minsk24: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2020
sainteve4r:
Finally the Revolution is here grin grin

Yes i hope so and it can only work when we more people continue to speak against the government..

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:50am On Aug 18, 2020
[[s]quote author=helinues post=92941813] cool

Sheepish are coming for you...[/quote][/s]
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by helinues: 8:54am On Aug 18, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=helinues post=92941813] cool

Sheepish are coming for you...[/s]

No creativity except cancelling of comments.

Nyian....
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by adenigga(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2020
Minsk24:

Lol, you misunderstood me oga...
"religion is the opium of the masses" in this argument simply means that Nigerian Christians will react if Christian leaders urges them to do so...
If more Christian leaders continue to speak against The Govt under this climate of perceived Govt aggression against Christianity, believe me Nigerians will Pour out on the streets...
It is the same everywhere... Religion has always bn a tool to stir the people for war...
That is my point, I do not mean to say, religious leaders think their followers are foolish..

It's like you don't get the argument.

Even if you don't know Opium you must have heard about cocaine, heroin, Indian hemps etc!

The message that quote conveys is that, ''Religion is giving masses false hope''

To be precise, someone having problems thinks when he smoke Opium, cocaine, India hemp or drinks to a stupor the problems will disappear, ''false hope'' by the time he/she came back to his/her senses will discovered the problems are still there.

I can recommend some books, lay your hands on ''Marxism & Politics'', ''The Capital'' just to mention but a few.

Coming to your submission, some pastors are a disgrace to Christiandom, it appears their vested interest have been dealt with by the corona virus lockdown saga, by new Company & Allied Matters Act (as amended), if not, why are the churches at the forefront of making noise? Mosques, Traditional worshippers are there, did they loud it like our packaging General Overseers, Prophets, etc.

Go and read ''The Prince'' by Niccolo Machiavelli. You will know how politics is interwoven with religion.

Religion is a sham, there is a difference between Church goers (eye service) and real believers. You can not fight the battle for God. He's the omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient. He knows the end even right from the beginning.

I rest my case!!!
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by backnbeta(f): 9:25am On Aug 18, 2020
willybaby:
Don't worry sir, we know what their real intentions are, but ko le werk undecided
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Minsk24: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
adenigga:

Even if you don't know Opium you must have heard about cocaine, heroin, Indian hemps etc!

The message that quote conveys is that, ''Religion is giving masses false hope''

To be precise, someone having problems thinks when he smoke Opium, cocaine, India hemp or drinks to a stupor the problems will disappear, ''false hope'' by the time he/she came back to his/her senses will discovered the problems are still there.

I can recommend some books, lay your hands on ''Marxism & Politics'', ''The Capital'' just to mention but a few.

Coming to your submission, some pastors are a disgrace to Christiandom, it appears their vested interest have been dealt with by the corona virus lockdown saga, by new Company & Allied Matters Act (as amended), if not, why are the churches at the forefront of making noise? Mosques, Traditional worshippers are there, did they loud it like our packaging General Overseers, Prophets, etc.

Go and read ''The Prince'' by Niccolo Machiavelli. You will know how politics is interwoven with religion.

Religion is a sham, there is a difference between Church goers (eye service) and real believers. You can not fight the battle for God. He's the omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient. He knows the end even right from the beginning.

I rest my case!!!

I understand your point sir...
You have a better understanding of religion but the vast majority of Nigerians are religious..so you see why it's important for religion to be a tool for revolution

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by joyandfaith: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
adenigga:

I rest my case!!!

false religion gives people false hope. so false religion is opium of the masses
anyway, cama 2020 is good for national development. reckless activities of some religious, professional and nongovernmental organisations will be checked.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by joyandfaith: 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
Minsk24:

I understand your point sir...
You have a better understanding of religion but the vast majority of Nigerians are religious..so you see why it's important for religion to be a tool for revolution

if powers of religious leaders are reduced, masses would be able to reason objectively on how to tackle problems. if masses do not think objectively there would never be revolution because politicians will keep on using religious leaders to manipulate masses.
Re: Why I Support Fg's Action On Churches by Minsk24: 5:40am On Aug 19, 2020
joyandfaith:

if powers of religious leaders are reduced, masses would be able to reason objectively on how to tackle problems. if masses do not think objectively there would never be revolution because politicians will keep on using religious leaders to manipulate masses.

You have a good point, but the masses cannot get to that level of reasoning in a dysfunctional society like Nigeria where education is in shambles and unemployment is the order of the day...
For now, our best hope for revolution is if Christians feel threatened by the Muslim-centric Feds

(1) (Reply)

Edo Election Video: I Will Defeat Oshomole In His Ward. Shaibu Boasts / Meet The Woman Who Was Against Nigeria's Independence In The 50's / Breaking: Top PDP Leaders Decamp To APC In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.