Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom (414 Views)

Photos: Meet Okonjo-iweala's Son After He Reportedly Proposed To Genevieve / Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom / Akwa Ibom Lawmaker Who Lost Pdp Ticket Shocks Constituents After Udom's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom by Goddybass123: 6:40am On Aug 18, 2020
Shocker!
ATTAH NAMES SON AFTER UDOM
Posted by Ovie Ezoukumor, P/H.

Seven (7) days after the Special Assistant on Project Monitoring to Akwa Ibom Governor; Mr Johnson Attah and wife; Bolaji, announced the arrival of their third son, the father has named the boy after his boss who is the State Governor.

"He will be known and addressed as Udom Johnson Attah," said the father, to the amazement of family members and friends at the Child Naming Ceremony.

However, our checks revealed that, Mr. Attah is the first aide since 2015 the current administration was inaugurated, who christened his son after Governor Udom Emmanuel.

Our Correspondent also scooped that, the last time Government officials and aides named their offsprings after the Akwa Ibom governor, was during the immediate-past administration.

Addressing the family members and friends that witnessed the brief ceremony which was held at his Lagos residence, Mr. Attah, who later broke the good news on a Radio Phone-in programme on Atlantic FM, expressed happiness over how God has been merciful unto him, especially the way HE saw his wife through the pregnancy period to the time of delivery without any problem.

On why he christened the young Udom after the governor, the Mkpat Enin born philanthropist-cum-politician said, "one unique and profound element of each and everyone of us is the name we are given and today, I have tremendous reasons to name my son after my boss; Udom.

"Does that have any political undertone or am I looking for any favour from my boss? The answer is no! This is purely apolitical. The act of naming a child after any virtuous elderly person is dated back to the time the Holy Bible was written. I'm sure you journalists are also good Bible students.

"For me, I am propelled by my boss' steady rise from infancy to adult to when he became a choirmaster to when he was counted among the first-five financial gurus in this Country, till when he became the governor, the kind of governor we never had since the creation of Akwa Ibom," he stated.

Continuing, Mr Johnson Attah, added, "Mr Udom Emmanuel's love for God is top-notch. Despite the enormous vituperation during the build up to the last elections, the man was unperturbed. His leadership is Christ-centric. That is the type of life I want my son; Udom to imbibe."

While praying that the young Udom will grow in wisdom and with knowledge of God, the former Governorship Candidate of Democratic Alternative (DA) in 2019 General Elections, assured that he and the wife will not shirk in their responsibilies of brining the young Udom and other two sons up "with the fear of the Lord and in the way of the Lord."

Highpoint of the brief ceremony was the handing over of the little boy to God in prayers led by Pastor Ademola Adeshina of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. The Church also prayed God to protect and preserve Governor Udom Emmanuel, his cabinet members and aides.

Re: Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom by bewla(m): 6:41am On Aug 18, 2020
G
Re: Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom by Pollosa1: 6:42am On Aug 18, 2020
cheesy nothing shocking here please
Re: Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom by helinues: 6:43am On Aug 18, 2020
Wow..

My landlord must read this news ... So sweet
Re: Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom by Ahmed0336(m): 7:16am On Aug 18, 2020
Cute lil boy.

naming him after Udom well, showed this post to my landlord.. guest what my people? he dashed me his property I'm occupying.
Re: Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom by IamWonderful: 7:18am On Aug 18, 2020
Wish them well
Re: Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom by thundafire: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2020
But governor wouldn't name der children after aides.

1 Like

Re: Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom by donbachi(m): 7:26am On Aug 18, 2020
Oblong owo
Re: Shocker! Attah Names Son After Udom by NaijaDonCast(m): 7:47am On Aug 18, 2020
He his grateful to the Governor for changing his story into an avenue of also cashing out from the adminstration that's why he decided to name his Son, but on a second thought the Governor is just one of the people privilege to bare the name so nothing special to me about that

(1) (Reply)

DSS Must Invite Okunbo, Ize-iyamu, Oshiomhole As Enablers Of "Lions And Tigers" / VP Osinbajo Presides Over The First APC Tripartite Consultative Committee Meetin / Dangote Refinery Will Sell Petrol At International Price, Says FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.