Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus (745 Views)

"He Shall Gather The Lambs With His Arm." / "He Shall Gather The Lambs With His Arm, And Carry Them In His Bosom." / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:01am On Aug 18, 2020
Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus

John 21:15-17 (KJV)

So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him,
Feed my sheep.
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

I'm sure Peter would have wondered what was actually going on when Jesus who knew him very well and that he had forsaking everything to follow Him, would still be asking him, "lovest thou me?" And not just once but three good times, because if anyone should know that Peter loved Him it should be Jesus Himself.

But Jesus very well knew what He was talking about because His sheep meant everything to Him. That's why He would lay down His life for them as a good Shepherd would.

So Jesus already knew that Peter loved Him,
but the question was not if Peter loved Him, but how much Peter loved Him. If Peter loved Him to the extent that he would take His sheep as He took them, and love and care for His sheep the way He did, because He had given His all for His sheep, and was going leave them in Peter's care, so it mattered a whole lot to Him that who He was going to leave His sheep with cared for His sheep as He would.

If Jesus could yet ask Peter who had proven his love for Him beyond any reasonable doubt, if He loved Him three times, I wonder how many times He would ask most of today's church leaders that same question. Because even the love Peter had for Jesus, most of them do not have, so how much more the love Jesus had for His sheep?

Moreover Jesus saying "feed my sheep" to Peter repeatedly on this occasion doesn't mean just giving them food or any kind of food, but the right kind of food, even that which the good Shepherd would feed them with if He were there with them - the kind of food that would lead to eternal life.

May God help us with leaders who would care for the sheep as Jesus did, and do everything they could to ensure that they're not lost to the enemy but preserved til the day the good Shepherd returns for His sheep. Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by lomprico(m): 7:13am On Aug 18, 2020
today it's the lamb and sheep that are feeding the so called anointed literary. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by Skengman: 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
Amen.

If only we can have the mods push religion to the front page often.

Keep spreading the word, my brother.

1 Like

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by CodeTemplar: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
Feed the lamb with what? Junks or the nourishing word of God?
.Junks like saying bible has errors, that bible is a compilation of private messages? OP needs to examine himself.

2 Likes

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by Skengman: 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
.Junks like saying bible has errors, that bible is a compilation of private messages? OP needs to examine himself.
You sound like someone that has a problem with the OP undecided
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by CodeTemplar: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
Skengman:

...irrespective of how I sound to you, you should face the topic of discussion. OP is known for preaching many devilish doctrines and now he wants to talk about feeding the sheep. Feeding them with what exactly?

That Paul's epistle are in contradiction to Jesus' ?

Or. that homosexuality is good?

or the frustration of the Holy Spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
When Jesus Christ commanded us to feed His sheep and care for His sheep, He meant that we do it LITERALLY.

Matthew 25 vs 31-40 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. “The Son of Man will come again with divine greatness, and all his angels will come with him. He will sit as king on his great and glorious throne.
32. All the people of the world will be gathered before him. Then he will separate everyone into two groups. It will be like a shepherd separating his sheep from his goats.
33. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34. “Then the king will say to the godly people on his right, ‘Come, my Father has great blessings for you. The kingdom he promised is now yours. It has been prepared for you since the world was made.
35. It is yours because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I had no place to stay, you welcomed me into your home.
36. When I was without clothes, you gave me something to wear. When I was sick, you cared for me. When I was in prison, you came to visit me.’
37. “Then the godly people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink?
38. When did we see you with no place to stay and welcome you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear?
39. When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?’
40. “Then the king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you did for any of my people here, you also did for me.’
Below is where he gives Peter the command to do righteous works, and this was given right after Jesus Christ Himself had fed them for that morning

John 21 vs 15-17 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. When they finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these other men love me?”
Peter answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Then Jesus said to him, “Take care of my lambs.[c]”
16. Again Jesus said to him, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?”
Peter answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Then Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
17. A third time Jesus said, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was sad because Jesus asked him three times, “Do you love me?”
He said, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you!”
Jesus said to him, “Take care of my sheep.

1 Like

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by CodeTemplar: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
When Jesus Christ commanded us to feed His sheep and care for His sheep, He meant that we do it LITERALLY.

Below is where he gives Peter the command to do righteous works, and this was given right after Jesus Christ Himself had fed them for that morning
Stop acting like a morón. Did Jesus own lambs on earth? Maybe next thing you will say Jesus was Fulani. When Jesus said let the dead bury the dead also maybe He wanted only those in the tomb to be involved in burials of people. When the scripture says Paul planted, Apollos watered but God gave the increase maybe he was referring to Paul's cocoa yam plantation somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Stop acting like a morón. Did Jesus own lambs on earth? Maybe next thing you will say Jesus was Fulani. When Jesus said let the dead bury the dead also maybe He wanted only those in the tomb to be involved in burials of people. When the scripture says Paul planted, Apollos watered but God gave the increase maybe he was referring to Paul's cocoa yam plantation somewhere.

Yikes!

Um, I meant He was being literal about the feeding and the caring of those He referred to as His sheep. If you had taken time to read on to the passage from Matthew 25, you would have figured out that His sheep are in fact His followers.

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by CodeTemplar: 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yikes!

Um, I meant He was being literal about the feeding and the caring of those He referred to as His sheep. If you had taken time to read on to the passage from Matthew 25, you would have figured out that His sheep are in fact His followers.
Demonic liar. In the face of superior arguments you succumb. Now get lost.

3 Likes

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Demonic liar. In the face of superior arguments your succumb. Now get lost.
Superior argument that Jesus had an actual flock of sheep's He was referring to there?

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by CodeTemplar: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Superior argument that Jesus had an actual flock of sheep's He was referring to there?
Now you are attributing your own stúpid claims that have been exposed by me to me. That's how shameless you can get. I am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by CodeTemplar: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Deal with the bold.

1 Like

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Deal with the bold.
So, he did command us to literally "feed and care for his sheep"...
Meaning the statement "Feed my sheep" is not a metaphor but a direct command to "Feed my sheep"... "Sheep" being the only metaphor contained in the command.

Now as to the meaning to the metaphor "sheep", we can easily find that where Jesus Christ in Matthew 25 refers to those who feed and care for the least of these, as His " Sheep"
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Now you are attributing your own stúpid claims that have been exposed by me to me. That's how shameless you can get. I am not surprised.
But you made that assumption, not me.

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by CodeTemplar: 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But you made that assumption, not me.
Get lost bare faced liar. I quote you and you are still telling lies on a public forum where all can see it. If you are changing your own words like this, I can imagine how easily you will change God's own.

1 Like

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Get lost bare faced liar. I quote you and you are still telling lies on a public forum where all can see it. If you are changing your own words like this, I can imagine how easily you will change God's own.
I am changing my words? Where? You need to learn not to let your emotions get the better of you when reading, abeh! see how you spook me by claiming applying literal meaning to a command that some assume metaphorical completely threw you off.

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2020
Skengman:

CodeTemplar:
...irrespective of how I sound to you, you should face the topic of discussion. OP is known for preaching many devilish doctrines and now he wants to talk about feeding the sheep. Feeding them with what exactly?

That Paul's epistle are in contradiction to Jesus' ?

Or. that homosexuality is good?

or the frustration of the Holy Spirit.
The bolded is a proof that you're a true son of the devil who is the father of all liars. Because you could accuse me without having to say such malicious lies against me. When did I who have made countless of threads here against that very grievous sin in the sight of God, say that homosexuality was a good thing? Why not provide just one instance of that to proof you're not demonically influenced?

That's one of the reasons muttleylaff the NL homosexual champion who has clearly shown himself to have engaged in the abominable act in the past or is still doing so has launched ceaseless assaults on my person.

It's obvious you know it's a lie, but anything even such a blatant lie to get back at someone who speaks against mammon the god whom you serve would suffice.
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
[s]The bolded is a proof that you're a true son of the devil who is the father of all liars. Because you could accuse me without having to say such malicious lies against me. When did I who have made countless of threads here against that very grievous sin in the sight of God, say that homosexuality was a good thing? Why not provide just one instance of that to proof you're not demonically influenced?

That's one of the reasons MuttleyLaff the NL homosexual champion who has clearly shown himself to have engaged in the abominable act in the past or is still doing so has launched ceaseless assaults on my person.

It's obvious you know it's a lie, but anything even such a blatant lie to get back at someone who speaks against mammon the god whom you serve would suffice.
[/s]

[img]https://s7/images/thumb_im-watching-you-im-watching-you-remember-circle-of-trust-52656063.png[/img]

How did you this smello, that smells of a gust of wind from Satan's anus, managed to get released from the pit of hell?
Smh, you dare use your stinking, slimy and crooked fingers to type out the ID I use and smear it with slander, hmm?

Since you are outside the circle of trust, you've brought attention to yourself, signalling me to now on, have you on my radar, to monitor and be watched

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by kkins25(m): 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

The bolded is a proof that you're a true son of the devil who is the father of all liars. Because you could accuse me without having to say such malicious lies against me. When did I who have made countless of threads here against that very grievous sin in the sight of God, say that homosexuality was a good thing? Why not provide just one instance of that to proof you're not demonically influenced?

[b]That's one of the reasons muttleylaff the NL homosexual champion who has clearly shown himself to have engaged in the abominable act in the past or is still doing so has launched ceaseless assaults on my person.[/b]

i laughed hard men!!!!! "NL homosexual champion" [img]https:///bd7kT.gif[/img]
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
kkins25:
i laughed hard men!!!!! "NL homosexual champion"
That's a scary and throwing head back laugh you did there. What does the deceiver, lack of integrity, fake arse and wannabe prophet, accuser of the brethren know, that you had to laugh so hard about, if not it is because of "her" hilarious lies

1 Like

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Don't worry fool! I would be coming for you soon. Just in case my silence to your foolishness made you feel like I was a coward and gave you the encouragement to continue following me like a shadow.
See how and where your attention-seeking illness had led you to. You just badly needed some creepy and unhealthy attention, at the cost of derailing the thread by introducing an off-topic and for reasons best known to you, go all out, slandering me with your nonfactual comments. Smh.

jesusjnr2020:
[s]You're going to tell us soon if you've repented of your homosexuality or not. Prepare your answers because i'm coming for you in a way that you could have never imagined. Watch this space...[/s]
You haven't the stamina, you're biblically feeble, you lack depth, you're far, far, far lower than our number, you're a time stealer, time waster and time killer and I dont converse or discuss the subject, with human beings like you, that lack integrity, lack credibility, lack honour and good character. KMT.
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
See how and where your attention-seeking illness had led you to. You just badly needed some creepy and unhealthy attention, at the cost of derailing the thread by introducing an off-topic and for reasons best known to you, go all out, slandering me with your nonfactual comments. Smh.

You haven't the stamina, you're biblically feeble, you lack depth, you're far, far, far lower than our number, you're a time stealer, time waster and time killer and I dont converse or discuss the subject, with human beings like you, that lack integrity, lack credibility, lack honour and good character. KMT.
Lol!

Obviously you have no iota of shame if after all you claim about me, you still chasing after me as though you couldn't breathe without me.

I have proven beyond any reasonable doubt that you're a worthless and base fellow who's not worth my attention by the way I've completely ignored your open display of your foolishness and stupidity times without number on this forum. Even when I returned I never for once even with the other moniker quoted you or mentioned you to prove that you're as good as non-existent to me.

But you've obviously proven that you're actually the one that needs help...you just couldn't stay away from me for long. Is it an obsession or maybe that's how you gays keep chasing after your fellow men even though they would have absolutely nothing to do with your kind, thinking that one day you would eventually succeed in committing the abominable act with them?

Well know for a fact that before such a greivous sin could possibly happen, one of us would be dead because it's over my dead body.

You must have been completely fooled to think that those of us who believed your stupidity was not worth dignifying with a response were feeble because we chose to ignore you. If anything you should respect us for showing this extent of tolerance of your display of stupidity and foolishness for so long.
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
[s]Lol!

Obviously you have no iota of shame if after all you claim about me, you still chasing after me as though you couldn't breathe without me.

I have proven beyond any reasonable doubt that you're a worthless and base fellow who's not worth my attention by the way I've completely ignored your open display of your foolishness and stupidity times without number on this forum. Even when I returned I never for once even with the other moniker quoted you or mentioned you to prove that you're as good as non-existent to me.

But you've obviously proven that you're actually the one that needs help...you just couldn't stay away from me for long. Is it an obsession or maybe that's how you gays keep chasing after your fellow men even though they would have absolutely nothing to do with your kind, thinking that one day you would eventually succeed in committing the abominable act with them?

Well know for a fact that before such a greivous sin could possibly happen, one of us would be dead because it's over my dead body.

You must have been completely fooled to think that those of us who believed your stupidity was not worth dignifying with a response were feeble because we chose to ignore you. If anything you should respect us for showing the extent of tolerance of your display of stupidity and foolishness for so long.[/s]

1 Like

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:07am On Aug 19, 2020
kkins25:

i laughed hard men!!!!! "NL homosexual champion" [img]https:///bd7kT.gif[/img]
It's not intended for that purpose. You've obviously seen how I've tried to ignore him while he's been getting at me relentlessly, so I thought it wise to give him a little taste of his own medicine so he'd know what it really feels like.
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 6:16am On Aug 19, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
[s]It's not intended for that purpose. You've obviously seen how I've tried to ignore him while he's been getting at me relentlessly, so I thought it wise to give him a little taste of his own medicine so he'd know what it really feels like.[/s]
[img]https://media./images/f879ac0258098623c7d587d6cd057b4f/tenor.gif[/img]
Yinmu, yẹyẹ dey smell narcissist tool. Yarning trash as usual.

Why not list all your proofs of your fantasised ideas you have of and about your made-up lie of "he's been getting at me relentlessly" hmm?

I won't even get at you, if you were on fire and about burning to death, I'll rather piss on you, to help you put out the flames angry angry angry
Smh. "ẹrin ẹ npami, nitoripe, abosi akan, omi ni ootu".
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:33am On Aug 19, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://media./images/f879ac0258098623c7d587d6cd057b4f/tenor.gif[/img]
Yinmu, yẹyẹ dey smell narcissist tool. Yarning trash as usual.

Why not list all your proofs of your fantasised ideas you have of and about your made-up lie of "he's been getting at me relentlessly" hmm?

I won't even get at you, if you were on fire and about burning to death, I'll rather piss on you, to help you put out the flames angry angry angry
Smh. "ẹrin ẹ npami, nitoripe, abosi akan, omi ni ootu".
Instead of speaking trash, why not say something reasonable like tell us if you've repented or been delivered from your homosexual ways? Or are you still indulging in the abominable act?
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2020
lomprico:
today it's the lamb and sheep that are feeding the so called anointed literary. undecided
Hmmm...
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
Do you truly love Jesus?
Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:38am On Aug 21, 2020
Skengman:
Amen.

If only we can have the mods push religion to the front page often.

Keep spreading the word, my brother.
Thanks bro.

As for the mods, that one na long story but maybe on Sunday.

Have a blessed day.

1 Like

Re: Lovest Thou Me? Feed My Lambs - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:52am On Aug 22, 2020
Do you love Jesus?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Story Of Humanity (annunaki Of Nibiru) / Salvation Required! Buda Going To Hell! / Do You Believe In Life After Death As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.