Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects (460 Views)

Obidients Attack Governor Of Illinois USA, After Chicago University Lock Twitter / Police Nab 15 Suspects Over `Sit-At-Home’ Shooting In Ebonyi / Police Arraign 15 Suspects Over Siege On Justice Odili’s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by EBMedia: 8:10am On Aug 18, 2020
IgbereTV reports that Governor Hope Uzodimma's convoy was attacked on Monday August 17, while on the Governor was on his way to the 34 Attilary Brigade in Obinze, to inaugurate an officers mess built by the state government.

While the hoodlums armed with guns and machetes claimed to be staff members of the Imo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (ISOPADEC) and also disclosed they were protesting non-payment of their salaries, the state government said its position that most of the protests in the state were sponsored by the opposition had been vindicated.

The state Commissioner of Police Isaac Akinmoyede who confirmed the arrest of 15 suspects linked to the attack, said they were arrested with one locally-made pistol, two machetes, a mask, a chain and a padlock. He also disclosed that the incident which occurred around Concord area of New Owerri, did not claim any life.

Akinmoyede said:

“They attacked the vehicles in the convoy with a locally made pistol and machetes.

“But in the process, windscreens of some of the vehicles in the convoy were smashed and the vehicles damaged."

The police commissioner said that the suspects have been handed over to state Criminal Investigation Department (CID) for further investigation and prosecution.

https://igberetvnews.com/1361696/gunmen-attack-governor-uzodinmas-convoy-police-arrest-15-suspects/

Lalasticlala

Re: Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by Pollosa1: 8:12am On Aug 18, 2020
Even though he's a supreme court governor, this attack must be condemned. Politicians must learn to settle scores without taking laws into Their hands. This one no follow at all.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by bossvinqualad25(m): 8:15am On Aug 18, 2020
The attacker should be seriously dealth with,nigeria postal service now offers our esteemed customers the opportunity to pick up western union transactions throughout the nation.its fast and very reliable. You can call me for more details
Re: Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 18, 2020
You see why we say the people must choose their leaders not the court
This man is not loved
How someone who came 4th became the winner still baffles me

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by IamWonderful: 8:28am On Aug 18, 2020
Abouwaza:
You see why we say the people must choose their leaders not the court
This man is not loved
How someone who came 4th became the winner still baffles me
Will you say the same about bayelsa governor that was installed by supreme Court? or it is hypocrisy on the play
Re: Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by chukwunedum150(m): 8:33am On Aug 18, 2020
Opposition party at work, I no call any party name oo.
Re: Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 18, 2020
IamWonderful:
Will you say the same about bayelsa governor that was installed by supreme Court? or it is hypocrisy on the play
Go check what I said the moment he was sacked yesterday
I'm not a politician
We say it just the way it is
Re: Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by LadyExcellency: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2020
Read between the lines, this wasn't an attack rather a peaceful protest. The Governor hates protest and thank goodness this is a democracy.

Don't buy the allegation of guns and machetes. These are government workers that have been denied their monthly wages.

While the hoodlums armed with guns and machetes claimed to be staff members of the Imo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (ISOPADEC) and also disclosed they were protesting non-payment of their salaries
Re: Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by hisgrace090: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2020
Imo people are sad because of uzodimma hope emergence as governor.
Re: Gunmen Attack Governor Uzodinma's Convoy; Police Arrest 15 Suspects by Halopy: 9:00am On Aug 18, 2020
IamWonderful:
Although I condemn the attack on the governor, but it is apparent that the people do no love him. The basis for bayelsa was quite different from that of Imo, you can never say the court should stand aloof when an outright abuse of electoral actis been perpetrated. Fielding an ineligible candidate leaves the court with no option than to declare Diri, because he was having the second highest votes. But in Imo, it was a case of irregularities in the election vis a vis counting the ballot, the best the court could have done was to nullify the election and declare a rerun. Delclaring a candidate who came fourth, under any guise, was wrong and condemnable. This is what such a declaration can cause.

(1) (Reply)

TRENDING: Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Hug Publicly For The First Time [VIDEO] / WILL KANU EVER COME TO IGBO LAND AGAIN? / ONDO 2020: I Don't Have A Godfather, God is my Father — Akeredolu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.