Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? (427 Views)

What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? / How Is Pharmacy Labour Market Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? by sagna112(m): 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
Gud PM nairalander..
my cousin whom we stay together has changed his course due to low jamb score (279) . initially he opted in for mechanical engineering due to low jamb score he had to change to another department. since then, I've been wondering is this course secure? what does the future holds for metallugrical engineers? is it as demanding as mech, elect or chemical engineering which I'm currently studying?
is there any metallugrical engineer in the house pls enlighten me nd my cousin abt this course.
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Bikonu which school did he apply for that he can't get mech with 279? undecided
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? by sagna112(m): 6:23am On Aug 19, 2020
Rgade:
Bikonu which school did he apply for that he can't get mech with 279? undecided

unilag. as at last year unilag cut off mark high for mech
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 19, 2020
sagna112:

unilag. as at last year unilag cut off mark high for mech
That's probably a speculative cut off.
How high can the cut off be? What is it then.
If you ask me I'd say stick to mech and aim high in post ume.
Mech is very lucrative in Nigeria,far above met mat.
Your brother shouldn't just chicken out like that.

1 Like

Re: What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
If possible he should change to computer science o. Don't fall for the wash with engineering courses. The jobs are very limited. Most things today are powered by software. If it must be engineering then go for computer or electrical engineering. At least to have a safe future in the job market.

1 Like

Re: What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? by sagna112(m): 3:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
If possible he should change to computer science o. Don't fall for the wash with engineering courses. The jobs are very limited. Most things today are powered by software. If it must be engineering then go for computer or electrical engineering. At least to have a safe future in the job market.

sir, do you mean elect and computer engineering are the most lucrative course in engineering?
what of chemical engineering?
he'll have a second thought on your opinion sir
Re: What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
sagna112:

sir, do you mean elect and computer engineering are the most lucrative course in engineering?
what of chemical engineering?
he'll have a second thought on your opinion sir
Chemical what? Leave that course o. There are no jobs there and the oil industry has been in crisis for how many years. Computer powers up everything and is relevant in all industries. For job security, computer science. There's like 30 jobs to one graduate. If you think I am lying go to top Nigerian job sites like myjobmag and hotnigerianjobs and see how many programming jobs are available. They all specify a degree in computer science. Computer science and learn to program at the university.

1 Like

Re: What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? by sagna112(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Chemical what? Leave that course o. There are no jobs there and the oil industry has been in crisis for how many years. Computer powers up everything and is relevant in all industries. For job security, computer science. There's like 30 jobs to one graduate. If you think I am lying go to top Nigerian job sites like myjobmag and hotnigerianjobs and see how many programming jobs are available. They all specify a degree in computer science. Computer science and learn to program at the university.

Thanks for the enlightment sir. he has seen this post, he's changing to computer or software engineering soon.
As for me sir I'm leaving engineering by God's grace. I'm looking forward to writing next jamb to pursue mbbs sir.

(1) (Reply)

Buchi George, Founder, President, Globe Chamber Of Commerce And Industry / Lesson About Life,read And Be Wise. / Driver's License Or International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.