Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) (5826 Views)

Akwa Ibom Is Building First Cable Bridge In South-South Nigeria (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says / GEJ Blamed Herdsmen and Blamed Gunmen1 hour later on Facebook. Propaganda. Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Kinematics: 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Hahahaha let wait and see hahahah..
Meanwhile focus on your cultist haven and dieing polluted infected state ok.. Is only people with lack of developmental strides in their backyard go around disrupting other people business..
We shall see...

A heaven that your people keep migrating to in droves to seek for a better life.
I dey pity you honestly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Ilaumoh(m): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
Kinematics:

A heaven that your people keep flocking in droves to seek for a better life.
I dey pity you honestly.
Let wait and see who's time will vindicate..
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Kinematics: 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Let wait and see who's time will vindicate..

Wait and see what? I'm giving present you are telling me about your imaginary future.
What a clown.

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Ilaumoh(m): 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
Kinematics:

Wait and see what? I'm giving present you are telling me about your imaginary future.
What a clown.
Since you lack common sense, pull your stupidity else where

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by beauty7: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
The issue with Akwa ibomites is that they suffer the most hatred that being a Nigerian offers.

When you are in the North and a Hausa man ask you where are you from.

If you say Akwa Ibom,they believe you are nyamiri(Igbo).

Some of them will immediately hate you.

So you suffer the hatred they have for the Igbos although you are not Igbo.

Many hausa men told me that they like me.

I believed them.

I also like them back by trying to please them in all things.

I later found that they dont like those whom they consider as infidels.

They see Igbos as infidels.

I also found out that even if a hausa man rapes you as a christian southerner,

he believes he is not wrong afterall he is doing it to an infidel.

So he sees you as an Igbo infidel.

When a yoruba person knows you are from Akwa Ibom,he/she believes that you are Igbo.

Most yoruba cannot tell the difference between Igbo and Akwa Ibomite.

And most yorubas hate Igbos more than hausas.

In fact the school my brother taught as a teacher in Sokoto,the head is yoruba and he rarely employs Igbos.

The only people he ever sacked were Igbos.

So as an Akwa Ibomites you bear the hatred yorubas have for Igbos.

When you tell an Igbo man that you are from Akwa Ibom,he/she will begin looking down on you as Onye mmong.

He or she will dispise you.

So you bear their reproach for coming from Akwa Ibom.

My grand father said that during the civil war,the Igbos were saying that if the war succeed,

they would kill all the Akwa Ibomites so that Biafra will be theirs and theirs alone.

They considered us as pests.

My grand father was a Biafran soldier from Akwa Ibom.

Remember that Biafra then included the present Akwa Ibom state.

So you see how Akwa Ibomites are suffering in Nigeria.

But there is hope for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Igboid: 3:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
beauty7:
The issue with Akwa ibomites is that they suffer the most hatred that being a Nigeria offers.

When a yoruba person knows you are from Akwa Ibom,he/she believes that you are Igbo,

and most yorubas hate Igbos more than hausas.

In fact the school my brother taught as a teacher in Sokoto,the head is yoruba and he rarely employs Igbos.

When you tell and Igbo man that you are from Akwa Ibom,he/she will begin looking down on you as Onye mmong.

My grand father said that during the civil war,the Igbos were saying that if the war succeed,

they would kill all the Akwa Ibomites so that Biafra will be theirs and theirs alone.

They considered us as pest.

Igbos don't call Akwaibom mmoghu. It's your Ngwa-Igbo neighbours and brothers that call you mmoghu.
The Igbo man from Anambra has no name for Akwaibom because we never had any interactions with you, neither does the Igbo from Imo and Enugu have interactions with Akwa ibom people.
You call your Ngwa/Abia neighbors "Uneghe" and they call you "Mmoghu", it's what you guys do for each other, it's not the business of an Igbo man from Anambra, Imo or Enugu.
Even those your Ngwa(Abia) neighbors that call you mmoghu, call other Igbos close to them "Ohuhu". Go and ask around.

During Biafra, Effiong was from Akwaibom and was the second in command in Biafra.
Many prominent Akwaibomites held big posts in Eastern region and Biafra.

No Igbo ever considered Akwaibom as pests. Akwa ibom always had heavyweights and were never pushovers even in the Eastern region. governor Akpabio uncle was a secretary to the government in Enugu.
So I don't know where you get the idea of Akwaibomites being seen as pests by Igbos.

And no Igbo man coveted Akwaibom land during the war.
Biafra was divided into provinces with each province having an indigenous administrator

biafra’S provinces & ADMINISTRATORS

Aba
Mr. Moses Onwuma*
Abakaliki
Mr. Samuel Mgbada
Annang
Chief Ekukinam Bassey
Awka
Mr. Paul Nwokedi
Calabar
Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem
Degema
Mr. S. N. Dikibo
Eket
Mr. S. J. Edoho
Enugu
Mr. Christian Chukwuma Onoh
Nsukka
Mr. Frank Onyeke
Ogoja
Mr. Frank Ugbut
Oji River
Dr. Godwin A. Odenigwe
Okigwe
Mr. Sam I. Mbakwe
Onitsha
Mr. R. I. Iweka
Opobo
Dr. S. J. Cookey
Orlu
Mr. R. I. Uzoma
Owerri
Mr. Duke Njiribeakor
Port Harcourt
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Umuahia
Mr. Simeon Ojukwu
Uyo
Chief J. Udo-Affiah
Yenegoa
Chief Frank Opigo
====

Below is an honest testimony about Ndiigbo from a minority from Cross River.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1092790-opinion-why-igbos-never-marginalize-minorities-by-rex-egbe.html
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by pricklewane: 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
This is how foolish soul celebrate mediocrity in Nigeria. If I list Ganduje's who we all saw pocketing dollars but have done projects times 10 of beta n more quality, foolish Igbos that populated NL will change the debate that he had more money.

LLobiorah:

Please say what you know. The thread is about AKS, leave Ebonyi out of it. Besides, Dave is also working in other areas aside Ai. But obi ojoo gi just much.

And which project, did your state govt do in other states? Biko answer!
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by 24SEVEN: 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igboid:

Igbos don't call Akwaibom mmoghu. It's your Ngwa-Igbo neighbours and brothers that call you mmoghu.
The Igbo man from Anambra has no name for Akwaibom because we never had any interactions with you, neither does the Igbo from Imo and Enugu have interactions with Akwa ibom people.
You call your Ngwa/Abia neighbors "Uneghe" and they call you "Mmoghu", it's what you guys do for each other, it's not the business of an Igbo man from Anambra, Imo or Enugu.
Even those your Ngwa(Abia) neighbors that call you mmoghu, call other Igbos close to them "Ohuhu". Go and ask around.

During Biafra, Effiong was from Akwaibom and was the second in command in Biafra.

No Igbo ever considered Akwaibom as pests. Akwa ibom always had heavyweights and were never pushovers even in the Eastern region. governor Akpabio uncle was a secretary to the government in Enugu.
So I don't know where you get the idea of Akwaibomites being seen as pests by Igbos.

Biafra was divided into provinces with each province having an indigenous administrator

Aba
Mr. Moses Onwuma*
Abakaliki
Mr. Samuel Mgbada
Annang
Chief Ekukinam Bassey
Awka
Mr. Paul Nwokedi
Calabar
Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem
Degema
Mr. S. N. Dikibo
Eket
Mr. S. J. Edoho
Enugu
Nsukka
Mr. Frank Onyeke
Ogoja
Mr. Frank Ugbut
Oji River
Dr. Godwin A. Odenigwe
Okigwe
Mr. Sam I. Mbakwe
Onitsha
Mr. R. I. Iweka
Opobo
Dr. S. J. Cookey
Orlu
Mr. R. I. Uzoma
Owerri
Mr. Duke Njiribeakor
Port Harcourt
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Umuahia
Mr. Simeon Ojukwu
Uyo
Chief J. Udo-Affiah
Yenegoa
Chief Frank Opigo
====

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1092790-opinion-why-igbos-never-marginalize-minorities-by-rex-egbe.html

The Yorubas that Igbos call Ndi Ofenmanu, are they neighbors with any Igbo clan? Trying to be smart by half.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by beauty7: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igboid:

Aba
Mr. Moses Onwuma*
Abakaliki
Mr. Samuel Mgbada
Annang
Chief Ekukinam Bassey
Awka
Mr. Paul Nwokedi
Calabar
Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem
Degema
Mr. S. N. Dikibo
Eket
Mr. S. J. Edoho
Enugu
Nsukka
Mr. Frank Onyeke
Ogoja
Mr. Frank Ugbut
Oji River
Dr. Godwin A. Odenigwe
Okigwe
Mr. Sam I. Mbakwe
Onitsha
Mr. R. I. Iweka
Opobo
Dr. S. J. Cookey
Orlu
Mr. R. I. Uzoma
Owerri
Mr. Duke Njiribeakor
Port Harcourt
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Umuahia
Mr. Simeon Ojukwu
Uyo
Chief J. Udo-Affiah
Yenegoa
Chief Frank Opigo
====

Even now,the story is still prevalent in some villages in Akwa Ibom state.

Elderly people who experienced the war still narrate the story.

They said that at a certain level in the war when the Biafran soldiers were making reasonable progress,

most people in the then eastern nigeria thought Biafra would win the war.

So consultations were secretly made to determine what the fate of minorities would be in the new nation.

It was determined that people occupying what is now known as Akwa Ibom should be massacred immediately after the war.

The plan was being leaked and even some Igbos were seen saying that our days were numbered.

They were saying that at the end of the war,we would all be eliminated.

This led to so much tears by Akwa Ibomites.

So many elderly women were seen wailing uncontrollably that soon their lives and those of their children would be cut short.

The tears were flowing in different villages and towns concerning this.

Some started praying that Biafra should fail if that will give them safety.

The prayer for the failure of Biafra soon became a common anthem in Akwa Ibom.

I was not born.

I am not a witness.

But I am just saying what has been told us.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Kinematics: 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ilaumoh:

[s]Since you lack common sense, pull your stupidity else where[/s]

See this poor illiterate fool. Keep crying, you have been busted

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Igboid: 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

The Yorubas that Igbos call Ndi Ofenmanu, are they neighbors with any Igbo clan? Trying to be smart by half.

Ofe mmanu simply means oily soup. Because Igbos noticed Yorubas soups are usually oily.
It's an appellation every Igbo man understands.

But Mmoghu?

That's strictly Ngwa Igbo thing, until I came to Aba around 2009, I never heard of the word "mmoghu" . We simply call Akwa ibomites "Ndi calabar". Mmoghu has no meaning in Igbo, only Ngwa people know what it means, and any Igbo man using Mmoghu for Akwa ibom people probably stayed in Aba or is an Ngwa man, otherwise, "Ndi Calabar" is what you will hear in Enugu, Onitsha, Abakaliki, Awka, etc streets, as a name for Akwa ibomites.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Igboid: 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
beauty7:

They said that at a certain level in the war when the Biafran soldiers were making reasonable progress,

So consultations were secretly made to determine what the fate of minorities would be in the new nation.

It was determined that people occupying what is now known as Akwa Ibom should be massacred immediately after the war.

The plan was being leaked and even some Igbos were seen saying that our days were numbered.

So many elderly women were seen wailing uncontrollably that soon their lives and those of their children would be cut short.

I was not born.

I am not a witness.

Your parents lied to you maybe because they were brutalized by Nigerian Army when they captured your area.
But ndiigbo never did or plan such thing they were saying.
We are not a people to do or plan such a thing.

No such information of Ndiigbo going to massacre minorities ever existed because Akwacross people where holding big posts in Biafra and it would have been impossible for Biafra to hatch such a plan against her own citizens.

I have noticed there are too many lies spinned by your parents about Ndiigbo and passed to you lots.
I have even heard a grown up Efik man tell me that his parents told him that Igbos renamed Calabar to "New Onitsha" during the war and was planning to take over the city and kill all the minorities there if Biafra won. He also said Ojukwu appointed an Igbo man to administer Calabar in preparation for such plan.
He said his parents can't be lying.

I showed him articles where all Biafra provinces were listed and the name of their administrators with non named "New Onitsha" and with no non Igbo province having an Igbo administrator. He kept quiet for a while.

You lots needs to start rationalizing some of the things your fathers who were facing the Nigerian army bullets had to say in other to survive and be spared with a pinch of salt.
Because most of them never happened and were plain nonsensical.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Kinematics:

See this poor illiterate fool. Keep crying, you have been busted
Idiot like you senseless cultist, stupid fool... Is your family you busted idiot from a slum settlement.. Senseless he goat...

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by beauty7: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igboid:

Your parents lied to you maybe because they were brutalized by Nigerian Army when they captured your area.
But ndiigbo never did or plan such thing they were saying.
We are not a people to do or plan such a thing.

No such information of Ndiigbo going to massacre minorities ever existed because Akwacross people where holding big posts in Biafra and it would have been impossible for Biafra to hatch such a plan against her own citizens.

I have noticed there are too many lies spinned by your parents about Ndiigbo and passed to you lots.
I have even heard a grown up Efik man tell me that his parents told him that Igbos renamed Calabar to "New Onitsha" during the war and was planning to take over the city and kill all the minorities there if Biafra won. He also said Ojukwu appointed an Igbo man to administer Calabar in preparation for such plan.
He said his parents can't be lying.

I showed him articles where all Biafra provinces were listed and the name of their administrators with non named "New Onitsha" and with no non Igbo province having an Igbo administrator. He kept quiet for a while.

You lots needs to start rationalizing some of the things your fathers who were facing the Nigerian army bullets had to say in other to survive and be spared with a pinch of salt.
Because most of them never happened and were plain nonsensical.

It's okay.

Do not be angry please.

I only wrote what I heard.

I was not a witness.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by LLobiorah: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
pricklewane:
This is how foolish soul celebrate mediocrity in Nigeria. If I lis Ganduje's who we all saw pocketing dollars but have done projects times 10 of beta n more quality, foolish Igbos that populated NL will change the debate that he had more money.

What is this one saying??
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
pricklewane:
This is how foolish soul celebrate mediocrity in Nigeria. If I lis Ganduje's who we all saw pocketing dollars but have done projects times 10 of beta n more quality, foolish Igbos that populated NL will change the debate that he had more money.

List not lis
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
pricklewane:

List what your state governor has done and not what others are doing?

Dem burn your state down?
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

Is the soup not oily?
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by PortHarcourt1st: 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Kinematics the PORT HARCOURT slum dweller, why are you always attacking our south south states?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by PortHarcourt1st: 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
Make I finish watching this Bayern match first cool
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by 24SEVEN: 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Is the soup not oily?
Is it not said in a derogatory way??
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

Is it not said in a derogatory way??

What is derogatory that a soup is oily?

If the soup is thick, we can say it is thick but since it is oily garnished with grounded pepper, Cameroon pepper , dry pepper and fresh pepper then it has to be referred in the right way..

Don't necessarily try to nice we all know you are pro Yoruba but the name ofenmanu is right and rightly used.

Be guided
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by 24SEVEN: 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

What is derogatory that a soup is oily?

If the soup is thick, we can say it is thick but since it is oily garnished with grounded pepper, Cameroon pepper , dry pepper and fresh pepper then it has to be referred in the right way..

Don't necessarily try to nice we all know you are pro Yoruba but the name ofenmanu is right and rightly used.

Be guided

I'm neither pro Yoruba nor pro Igbo. I'm just a very sincere individual who says the truth always. The term Yoruba is meant to be derogatory. Take it or leave it.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

I'm neither pro Yoruba norpro Igbo. I'm just a very sincere individual who says the truth always. The term Yoruba is meant to be derogatory. Take it or leave it.

Nobody needs you on pro Igbo issues. Not necessarily at all and in anyway..

meanwhile Names are given based on what people see and understanding of the space. People found out that a very popular soup is oily not matter how cooked and this same soup is cherished by these people, it us not wrong or derogatory to term them ndi ofenmanu. There is nothing Insulting there. If you feel you want to throw projections at Igbos do it honourably and not hiding under words existing for ages to appeal to conscience of Yorubas...that's petty and campaign of calumny...

The word remains a right word and nothing derogatory about it.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Fabulousl0l(m): 12:07am On Aug 20, 2020
beauty7:
The issue with Akwa ibomites is that they suffer the most hatred that being a Nigerian offers.

I believed them.

When a yoruba person knows you are from Akwa Ibom,he/she believes that you are Igbo.

When you tell an Igbo man that you are from Akwa Ibom,he/she will begin looking down on you as Onye mmong.

Chai, sorry but Igbos never hate Akwa Ibom
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Fabulousl0l(m): 12:17am On Aug 20, 2020
beauty7:

I was not born.

I am not a witness.

I may not believe you but am not saying you're lying
My elder brother marry from Akwa Ibom, the day we went to visit our in law, he told us a story about Igbos and Biafra war
He only regretted that Biafra never come
He list so many of his people that fought the war and say Igbos especially Abia state are nice people even though we're Anambra
He never mention any of these, there's a popular market in their village that Igbos built
I know the name of that place but can't spell it
I will call my elder brother attention here
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by beauty7: 8:04am On Aug 20, 2020
Fabulousl0l:

I may not believe you but am not saying you're lying
My elder brother marry from Akwa Ibom, the day we went to visit our in law, he told us a story about Igbos and Biafra war
He only regretted that Biafra never come
He list so many of his people that fought the war and say Igbos especially Abia state are nice people even though we're Anambra
He never mention any of these, there's a popular market in their village that Igbos built
I know the name of that place but can't spell it
I will call my elder brother attention here
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by beauty7: 8:05am On Aug 20, 2020
Fabulousl0l:

Chai, sorry but Igbos never hate Akwa Ibom
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by comos: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2020
Mathis101:

The Mod is from Akwa ibom, that's why they push propaganda to the front page to fool Nigerians.

Uyo is a village with too many broke ,jobless and hungry people .Apart from 4 major good roads and fly over ,most of the street roads are bad and too many shanties and dilapidated houses.
Flyover,Stadium,Specialist hospital,Tropicana mall,20 story building for a state of 6 million and 7,081 km² . Most of these like the specialist hospital and Library are either non functional nor accessible by the average person . Udom's paid goons are just over hyping rubbish and fooling themselves because those on ground know the reality. Akwa ibom is a big village with good media propaganda machine,and that's a fact .

bro, I have been to uyo myself.

nothing like hype.

The city have one of the best roads in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by PharoahIII: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
beauty7:

I believed them.

true talk

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Overhyped With Good Media Propaganda (pic) by Ilaumoh(m): 10:29am On Aug 20, 2020
comos:

bro, I have been to uyo myself.

nothing like hype.

The city have one of the best roads in Nigeria
Atleast you now know he is a big lier grin
I told him Nigerians now knows the truth, that his lies won't sell.. That guy has never visited AKS before... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Go to war If Southerners Want 2use this End SARS Protest 2Remove Buhari / Senator Daduut Seeks Urgent Extension Of Railway From Kaduna To Jos / Heavy Shootings At Ministers Hill & Dantata Bridge In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.