Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE (2161 Views)

Notable signatures of Lugard, Zik, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Gani, Ojukwu & others / The Faces Of Notable Nigerians That Protested Against GEJ (Throwback Photos) / Only 3 Notable Igbo Billionaires have their Business In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by Nbotee(m): 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

A na akogheri...

Nnamdi kanu has Brain washed many beyond simple reasoning..

My broda ehn, d thing dey shame me...
Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
Nbotee:

My broda ehn, d thing dey shame me...

Not shame

Kanu has rendered so many youths unreasonable and outrightly foolish..

Sometimes if you see them talking, you will think they live in another planet...

What a mad man will even argue the authenticity is what the rascals will believe..

Are they not umu chineke again and holy holy praise singers.

1 Like

Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by goodnessme1(f): 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Not shame

Kanu has rendered so many youths unreasonable and outrightly foolish..

Sometimes if you see them talking, you will think they live in another planet...

What a mad man will even argue the authenticity is what the rascals will believe..

Are they not umu chineke again and holy holy praise singers.
Holy! holy!!,holy holy!!! Nnamdi Kanu is another saviour.

I love Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.grin grin

1 Like

Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by Hellraiser77: 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
kingzizzy:
Nta lite kuo ume? For talita cumi? Its possible
Bros is it that most of you don't have sense or what? grin Explain to me....wetin dey worry Una IPob heads?
Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by goodnessme1(f): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Bros is it that most of you don't have sense or what? grin Explain to me....wetin dey worry Una IPob heads?
The same thing worrying Amotekum heads.

1 Like

Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by tamdun: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
buttlover:
grin
6: Jee mara ya (Jeremiah)
"Go and know it."

Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by tamdun: 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
FrLukas:
grin grin grin
E shock u too

1 Like

Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
tamdun:

E shock u too

Knowing these peeps, e no shock me o. E just dey hilarious.
Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by helinues: 2:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
FrLukas:

Knowing these peeps, e no shock me o. E just dey hilarious.

This is no longer kolometa but kolomejo.... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by pcicero(m): 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
I laugh in IPOB
Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by Hillard: 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
IduNaOba:
Books like
After God is Dibia
They lived before Adam
Missionary enterprise in Nigeria
Edith wanner
And classes of ụmụ amadioha will help many igbos.
I am happy some people are taking it upon themselves to do this Igbo thing!
People like
@ikenganation (on Twitter)
Maziagu.com
@okwuid (on Twitter)
@ocha_tk, @ochatk_
Mbidoigbo (on Twitter)
@nwanyiocha
@odensibiri (on Instagram)
Many many others I follow doing this Igbo thing gives me great joy!

Also add The Gram Code of African Adam
Igbo's are the oldest tribe on earth and Igbo language is the first language on earth from which other languages came from.
Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Op Maadoo

1. How do you pronounce the word Eri

I believe the Igbos pronounce it as eh.ri while the Jews pronounce it as I.rai same as Eli

The spelling might be the same but obviously referring to different people.

2. I believe the father of Oduduwa is Lamurudu. I'd advise you to stick with Igbo history and not dabble in what you know naught of.

Detere nu umu (Deuteronomy)

Known to be the fifth book in the Bible, the word “Deuteronomy” is from Latin Deuteronomium, from Greek Deuteronomion and originally from Igbo phrase "detere nu umu".

I don't even know what to make of this. Are you guys Jews or Greek or Roman?

4. I think you should round off this puerile thread by telling us the Igbo versions of the popular Jewish names like

Mary

Jesus

Isaiah

Judas

Bartholomew

Matthew

Thomas.

2 Likes

Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
helinues:

This is no longer kolometa but kolomejo.... grin cheesy

It's part of the delusions of grandeur that we've come to expect.

I actually met a professor from the University of Ibadan some years ago spring the same thing.

It's just amazing.
Re: NOTABLE IGBO WORDS/PHRASES USED IN THE BIBLE by jagorinho: 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
it will take extreme measures to remove the huge inferiority complex embedded in an Igbo's gene....this is a cogent reason why social media bill should be passed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Members Defy Military Presence, Protests In Nnewi, Anambra State. / USA Says IPOB Not A Terrorist Group / Dave Umahi Steal The Show At The Convention Ground.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.