Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ (6200 Views)

WAEC RUNS And WAEC Miracle Centers: Why You Must Avoid Them / All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams / Banking Scams You Need To Know As A Customer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Icechillz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
The won't listen
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
Masonkaycares:
Crypto scam? Ah never hear this one oo
What, it's common. You will see some advertising Bitcoin groups, Ether groups etc and when you make a contribution. Bye bye. Some will tell you a new Cryptocurrency has come out, put your money in the site. You will see the website looking legit, 5 million + registered people. It's a lie oo

3 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Icechillz(m): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
Obzerfapex:
That is how I fell into Binomo scam the stupid lady told me to invest 45k that I will get double the money in 30 mins as I sent the money she just blocked me immediately
You mumu o.

3 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2020
Obzerfapex:
That is how I fell into Binomo scam the stupid lady told me to invest 45k that I will get double the money in 30 mins as I sent the money she just blocked me immediately
Double in 30 minutes, why na. The way they will come with their lines.

I. I am not forcing anyone

2. Serious minded click here.
etc it's a lie oo

2 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Obzerfapex(m): 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
Icechillz:
You mumu o.
that time I still b small boy for all this scam stuff
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Obzerfapex(m): 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Double in 30 minutes, why na. The way they will come with their lines.

I. I am not forcing anyone

2. Serious minded click here.
etc it's a lie oo
true bro and they can convince people ehn
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
MMempire:
The Best Post I Have Ever Encountered On Nairaland. Very Factual.
I'm pleased to know that. smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
Icechillz:
The won't listen
I had guys that saw scam but, they were battling between falling for it or not (it was too good to be true). They contributed money and lost it to the scammer.

1 Like

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
Obzerfapex:
true bro and they can convince people ehn
They use reverse psychology and unclear deception.

4 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by ravensckar(m): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Dear OP, you forgot to include the following;

1- PONZI SCHEME SCAM. Even after what MMM did to Nigerians, people are still participating in PONZI SCHEME. I heard another one is in vogue self (WAZOBIA MONEY). cheesy cheesy

2- Online Transaction Scam- this one happens on this site on a per minute basis. A seller advertises a phone and a mumu buyer sends money. Some people's stu.pidity is factory fitted.

PS- I have fallen victim of a loan scam. Funny enough, the person who scammed me was a Nairalander. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Nicepoker(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
I even learnt that some scammers now lure by kindness too, after multiple series of been good to potential victim, they fire one last devastating shot that ruin the victim. That is when we hear stories of "I couldn't believe that... "It is not possible he would do this...
This one is mostly from close allies
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by fhranchez(m): 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
kai this op, you expose wetin our brothers from that side they use chop food.
Add atm scam too

1 Like

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Emmypure: 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
ilegend will be like it is 20000, but due to promo I will give it to the first ten people to buy for 10000

4 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2020
ravensckar:
Dear OP, you forgot to include the following;

1[b]- PONZI SCHEME SCAM. Even after what MMM did to Nigerians, people are still participating in PONZI SCHEME. I heard another one is in vogue self (WAZOBIA MONEY). [/b] cheesy cheesy

2- Online Transaction Scam- this one happens on this site on a per minute basis. A seller advertises a phone and a mumu buyer sends money. Some people's stu.pidity is factory fitted.

PS- I have fallen victim of a loan scam. Funny enough, the person who scammed me was a Nairalander. cheesy cheesy
Number 1, that relates with scam by Investment, phishing and promotion.
Sorry for the loan scam, trust is getting harder these days.

2 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by MENZPRIDE(m): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
This is very apt and informative... Fact is, some persons will still fall.
It used to be:
"Hello, I am John, your ex corper mate from state XYZ... SHELL & AGIP are employing and my Uncle is in charge of recruitment. If you are interested, let me know"
Lucky Winner from the Blues "Hello John, you are the lucky Winner of ₦5m, from the XYZ Lucky Dip Promo. To claim your Prize, call 080........."
Now, it's:
The "DAVIDO, WIZKID, DON JAZZY etc GIVE AWAY Paliatives" to "NCDC Credit Alert Scam"
Wether, its our belief in "MIRACLES" or Inspiration from Motivational Speakers, some People are still willing to spend 5k to "Clear n Receive" Laptop and Iphone...
I only have sympathy for the "naive" and those who genuinely enter into a "business venture" not knowing it was a scam 'ab initio'

1 Like

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Obzerfapex(m): 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
What, it's common. You will see some advertising Bitcoin groups, Ether groups etc and when you make a contribution. Bye bye. Some will tell you a new Cryptocurrency has come out, put your money in the site. You will see the website looking legit, 5 million + registered people. It's a lie oo
like forsage and the rest and you will not know that it is a Ponzi scheme that only those that register first gain

3 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Missyajoke(f): 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Bless you too, scammers would not like this posts. Some will soon come and start defending their acts.
grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by TheSourcerer: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Oladimejjy:
Got scammed like two months ago,If I had read this before then
sorry it happened to you,...
Have a great day.
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by maejor: 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
PLEASE NOTE THAT WWW.KIAKIALENDERS.LTD ALSO KNOWN AS FASTNQUICK CASH ON INSTAGRAM IS A SCAM. EVERYONE BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
THEY WILL TAE YOUR CARD DETAILS AND TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by RenaissanceGuy: 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2020
If you really took out your time to type all this, one million claps for you.

But how come you yourself are advertising bet funding in your signature, with a Zenith Bank account number sef grin ? Is this a way of trying to deceive people to think you're genuine? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Harry00(m): 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
Well said
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by wemmy01(m): 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
2.The sure odds and fixed match.
There are always newcomers in everything however, naive and desperate people usually realise their mistake when it is too late. These scammer have very sure odds that they are afraid of using their money to stake.
You will see a booking code with 100 odds and the scammer will ask you to pay, asked him why he/she didn't stake his family properties on his sure games. They only reveal the fake betslip after the event is over.
Ask yourself, would your N5,000 be enough to pay those players to fix match ? Would they like to risk their passion/work and club because of your N3,500. Be wise.
Tip; Do not send money, in gambling loss is certain but, winning is probable.

I am a living proof that this is 100% scam
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by wemmy01(m): 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
The number one scam you failed to mention here is "I love u" especially when it is coming from a famale

4 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2020
wemmy01:

I am a living proof that this is 100% scam
You fell for it or you suspected/saw it.
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
If you really took out your time to type all this, one million claps for you.
cheesy
You can't convince and confuse at the same time, one need to speak. Yes, I took my time.
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by exynos(m): 9:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
WhatsApp TV giveaways

Some WhatsApp TVs are notorious for this pattern of scamming

They'll start with free giveaways–money or recharge cards.

The process goes like this, 'Start sending your mobile numbers or account numbers in other to get credited, I will select lucky contacts at random. It will seem very real at first when they start posting false testimonies in form of pictures or a short video of them sending money to a random account.

Later they'll announce that there are so many people sending in there details, that they'll resort to a method where you will pay a sum to he back a certain amount like 5k to get 10k

Of course they'll start posting their fabricated testimonies in other to get you.

Please and please, don't fall for this cheap scam.
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by jericco1(m): 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Malik1338(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
exynos:
WhatsApp TV giveaways

Some WhatsApp TVs are notorious for this pattern of scamming

They'll start with free giveaways–money or recharge cards.

The process goes like this, 'Start sending your mobile numbers or account numbers in other to get credited, I will select lucky contacts at random. It will seem very real at first when they start posting false testimonies in form of pictures or a short video of them sending money to a random account.

Later they'll announce that there are so many people sending in there details, that they'll resort to a method where you will pay a sum to he back a certain amount like 5k to get 10k

Of course they'll start posting their fabricated testimonies in other to get you.

Please and please, don't fall for this cheap scam.
like 3 of my WhatsApp TV on my status does this..*GIVE AWAY START NOW*
*I’m-crediting just 3 people*
*2k to get 4*
*3k to get 6k*
*5k to get 10k*
*just 3 people*
*D.m hi *instant payment*
I just dey laugh them every time
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Ayoade19993(m): 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
;Dlegit bet funding nko... u no put am add��legit bet funding nko... u no put am add��legit bet funding nko... u no put am add��
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by MMempire(m): 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
My new scam too.

2 Likes

Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
Every corner of telegram is scam to scam bck to bck..... I knw all their tricks
Re: 10 scams you must avoid. A MUST READ by starbuck(f): 11:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
Please what about Longrich et al grin grin, my contacts don convince me tire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Useless Nigerian Science Degrees: What An Uncle Abroad Told Me / Timetable For May/june 2023–2024 WAEC (science, Commercial & Art) / Moremi Roof Blown Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.