Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. (2112 Views)

Photo Of How Some Nigerians Power There Generator During Fuel Scarcity / Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by againstGEJ(m): 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
Remember Decree 4 of the Buhari/Idiagbon era? Through the use of the decree, Buhari clamped down on the media, and the other sectors of national life. He jailed Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor, two journalists with The Guardian newspapers for running foul of his regime‘s contentious Decree No 4 of 1984. Main thrust of the decree was that it was an offence to publish anything that would offend public officers; that such publication was the truth was not a defence under the decree.

Therefore, if he wins. Expect something similar to Decree 4 which will nail SR, 234, NL etc.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Eziachi: 1:17am On Feb 17, 2011
You forgot to add that we will no longer be able to sleep with our wives with Buhari in power.
Elections should be won on who has the best plan to tackle peoples problems, not who had the most ridiculous rumours and spread of fears going.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Kobojunkie: 1:18am On Feb 17, 2011
Eziachi:

[size=13pt]You forgot to add that we will no longer be able to sleep with our wives with Buhari in power.[/size]
Elections should be won on who has the best plan to tackle peoples problem, not who had the most ridiculous rumours.
ROFLMAO!!! . . . great rebuttal there . . . grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by againstGEJ(m): 1:23am On Feb 17, 2011
Eziachi:

You forgot to add that we will no longer be able to sleep with our wives with Buhari in power.
Elections should be won on who has the best plan to tackle peoples problems, not who had the most ridiculous rumours and spread of fears going.

You can add that to it if it pleases u.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Feb 17, 2011
Abi? We can all make things up as we go to smear the party we are against, right? Yeah? WOOHOO!
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Eziachi: 1:54am On Feb 17, 2011
againstGEJ:

You can add that to it if it pleases u.

No you carry on where you left off, it suits you better in your world of lunacy.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by LFJ: 4:04am On Feb 17, 2011
Buhari is the only Nigeria leader that the Govt at any levels has no corruption charge against. Nobody has ever come out to allege him of any form of corruption, either directly or indirectly, this is what Nigeria need. I advice you you not to sell your future for guguru and epa
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by againstGEJ(m): 4:14am On Feb 17, 2011
Eziachi:

No you carry on where you left off, it suits you better in your world of lunacy.

A lunatic is someone who shouts and goes mad un provoked. Calm down. Leran to take criticism without resorting to insults. It shows a nut is loose somewhere.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Feb 17, 2011
^^^ You are the one making things up on laws and decrees that are no longer implemented. Also, the president is not part of the legislative arm of government . . so why even make the claims you have on this particular thread?

1 Like

Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by karlmax2: 8:11am On Feb 17, 2011
@LFJ this is the reason he hasn't been probed
1.The first time he would have been probed by the then house of assembly for 2.8 billion dollars of NNPC that was found in his private account he took over power by force and distroyed the evedence

2.The little info left about the scam was distroyed during his rehabilition by abacha when he was PTF chairman they both set the NNPC then headquarter at ikoyi and also the defence house were set ablaze.when the corruption in PTF surfaced in other to protect him his partner in crime and inlaw commited sucide so they claimed .then when nigerians were ready to ask him questions on this issue he refused to show up I hope everybody remember the oputa panel.

Then here is a question for u did BUHARI give reason for not attending the oputa panel. To come and explain how 2.8billion dollars missing from NNPC account found its way to his personnal account? Or u want to tell us that this is also propoganda as must of u buhari fans always say.then if so proof us wrong that they are not facts
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Nsiman(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2011
No be me una go kill wit laughter
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Nsiman(m): 10:38am On Feb 17, 2011
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Kobojunkie: 10:39am On Feb 17, 2011
karl max:

1.The first time he would have been probed by the then house of assembly for 2.8 billion dollars of NNPC that was found in his private account he took over power by force and distroyed the evedence

WOW!!! Do you realize that not even the Government has released this sort of info. Ol'boy!! What is your source? Do you have evidence to back up the claim made above? If Yes, where?

karl max:

2.The little info left about the scam was distroyed during his rehabilition by abacha when he was PTF chairman they both set the NNPC then headquarter at ikoyi and also the defence house were set ablaze.when the corruption in PTF surfaced in other to protect him his partner in crime and inlaw commited sucide so they claimed .then when nigerians were ready to ask him questions on this issue he refused to show up I hope everybody remember the oputa panel.
WOW . .  are you sure it was destroyed? EFCC and SSS tell you this? Where

karl max:

Then here is a question for u did BUHARI give reason for not attending the oputa panel. To come and explain how 2.8billion dollars missing from NNPC account found its way to his personnal account? Or u want to tell us that this is also propoganda as must of u buhari fans always say.then if so proof us wrong that they are not facts

Buhari is not above Nigerian law. Oputa panel, if serious, would have had him dragged in if they had something to work with, don't you think? You are levelings but not producing evidence of any kind . . . you are making this really boring dude! Start showing us some official evidence please . . . believe you me, if you have evidence, I will follow you campaign against the man, no jokes.

1 Like

Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Nsiman(m): 11:38am On Feb 17, 2011
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Genbuhari3: 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2011
@kobojunkie

Please just leave this anti-buhari propagandist. the more they spread lies, the more it shows how restless they are about Buhari. and it is good for me, a pro-Buhari. I have never for once been worried about Jonathan and that is evident in the fact that I have not been posting topic on his many flaws (the truth of his government is easily ready to validate as we experience it NOW)

Cant they just start promoting their candidates! leave Buhari alone as he is not even bothered about you.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Nsiman(m): 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ genbuhari, what is the greatest scandal in politics that u think ur principal is the best?
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by rasputinn(m): 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2011
I really pity Buhari,such a lonely ignorant man aspiring to the office of the president.Dont y'all start asking me what I mean by so and so
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Eziachi: 1:06pm On Feb 17, 2011
karl max:

Just as I had told yours like minds, you don't have to resort to making up fantasies about your favourite candidate’s opponent in order to sale your choice of candidate. I can't speak for Buhari, neither a supporter of his,  but the if information that you are spreading  is the truth even by a tiny margin, you think Jonathan who is desperate to rule will not use it against his opponent, when someone as OBJ is his right hand man?  One thing I had realised about Nigeria and Nigerians is that they liked beer parlour gossip and this gossips after a while turn into reality in their crooked minds and they will be talking about it as if they were actually there in person when it happened. Reality and fantasy becomes very blurred in the end.

Buhari is the only big thief in the world with billions in his pocket that lives like a monk. I don't know how old the guy is, but I will like to know when he will start spending this 2.8 billion he supposed to have stolen since I was a young man. No one, not even his opponents has disputed that the guy according to his supporters has no house anywhere except the modest one he lives in Katsina. He has no foreign bank account of any sort. Until anyone proves otherwise, that is the version that I will stick to because it’s based on personal observation over a long period of time

If those that set up Oputa panel were serious about finding the truth and making correction about ill of the past, what stopped them passing a bill before hand in both chambers of law making organ that will require every person called by law to appear before the panel, thereby giving the panel a legal backing and constitutional backbone to work with?
If I were Buhari or any other person, I will be an idiot  to appear before such a panel that was more of a jamboree than a fact finding organ. After the panel, what was its outcome and what did you gain as citizen from the Oputa panel? Based on what everyone I saw during the sitting of Oputa panel, it was a bit of a show comedy and uncontrolled emotion for some people like Mustapha, Gani. No serious document was produced through the sitting of the panel for anyone to take it serious.

I would like you to sale your candidate Jonathan with what you believed puts him well ahead of his challengers and not splashing mud on his opponents with rumours and gossip whips.  Tell the voters what Jonathan has achieved as a person, inside and outside his public life that left his opponents far behind. What his private life are like, with respect to his relationship with people he had worked with in the past.
Not supporting him just because he is from the south like you and I and therefore deserved to be president.  The same accusation levelled against northerners for years that they always believed that they deserved to rule.  Presidency in a democratic republic is not royal throne that anyone deserved; you earn it by your programme and better plans for the voters. As we speak, Jonathan has no programmes anyone can point at.   If he gets one please tell me what his programme is in reducing the size of huge government his currently running which is unsustainable for even big economies of the world?
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Genbuhari3: 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2011
Eziachi

well done for being an impartial contributor.

I have made up my mind to stop countering anti-buhari sentiments, falsehood and propaganda. i will only focus on replying those that can discuss issues of this election rather than dwell on rumours of the past.

The BB campaign and manifesto will start next week and then i can start countering whoever is ready to criticize the programme, not Buhari or Bakare.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by againstGEJ(m): 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2011
Eziachi:

Just as I had told yours like minds, you don't have to resort to making up fantasies about your favourite candidate’s opponent in order to sale your choice of candidate. I can't speak for Buhari, neither a supporter of his,  but the if information that you are spreading  is the truth even by a tiny margin, [i]you think Jonathan who is desperate to rule [/i]will not use it against his opponent, when someone as OBJ is his right hand man?  One thing I had realised about Nigeria and Nigerians is that they liked beer parlour gossip and this gossips after a while turn into reality in their crooked minds and they will be talking about it as if they were actually there in person when it happened. Reality and fantasy becomes very blurred in the end.

Buhari is the only big thief in the world with billions in his pocket that lives like a monk. I don't know how old the guy is, but I will like to know when he will start spending this 2.8 billion he supposed to have stolen since I was a young man. No one, not even his opponents has disputed that the guy according to his supporters has no house anywhere except the modest one he lives in Katsina. He has no foreign bank account of any sort. Until anyone proves otherwise, that is the version that I will stick to because it’s based on personal observation over a long period of time

If those that set up Oputa panel were serious about finding the truth and making correction about ill of the past, what stopped them passing a bill before hand in both chambers of law making organ that will require every person called by law to appear before the panel, thereby giving the panel a legal backing and constitutional backbone to work with?
If I were Buhari or any other person, I will be an   to appear before such a panel that was more of a jamboree than a fact finding organ. After the panel, what was its outcome and what did you gain as citizen from the Oputa panel? Based on what everyone I saw during the sitting of Oputa panel, it was a bit of a show comedy and uncontrolled emotion for some people like Mustapha, Gani. No serious document was produced through the sitting of the panel for anyone to take it serious.

I would like you to sale your candidate Jonathan with what you believed puts him well ahead of his challengers and not splashing mud on his opponents with rumours and gossip whips.  Tell the voters what Jonathan has achieved as a person, inside and outside his public life that left his opponents far behind. What his private life are like, with respect to his relationship with people he had worked with in the past.
Not supporting him just because he is from the south like you and I and therefore deserved to be president.  The same accusation levelled against northerners for years that they always believed that they deserved to rule.  Presidency in a democratic republic is not royal throne that anyone deserved; you earn it by your programme and better plans for the voters. As we speak, Jonathan has no programmes anyone can point at.   If he gets one please tell me what his programme is in reducing the size of huge government his currently running which is unsustainable for even big economies of the world?

GEJ is desperate to rule? I thought he is already the ruler. Or have they removed him?

You talk like if you are a foreigner. Which politician/Nigerian uses their personal name to acquire wealth? They use their kids, wives etc. Dont you know? So you think because Buhari has nothing in his name- so, he qualifies as a saint. I laugh.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2011
Nsiman:

@ genbuhari, what is the greatest scandal in politics that u think your principal is the best?

Ask Your Government !!! Your Government has all the answers . . . Buhari is just an ordinary Nigeria . . . your government ought to be open enoiugh to tell you the truth of this.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Nsiman(m): 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2011
Buhari scandals were many during his reign as head of state and ptf chair,
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2011
Nsiman:

Buhari scandals were many during his reign as head of state and ptf chair,

Definitely not during his reign considering we barely read of Buhari himself. Idiaghon was sort of seen as the man in charge. Now again, there are rumours but to date no real info on what exactly is out there against him.

I do have something for you to ponder. If Buhari is really a criminal and stole 2.8 billion dollars, not Naira, why is Jonathan not demanding justice for the Nigerian people now? Why? Why is the Government keeping quiet yet again, while fingered criminals . . . especially those fingered in the Halliburton corruption scandal walk free? Even after evidence has been handed down from the USA, and their counterparts on this side are in jail or paying for it one way or another, those on the Nigerian side of this story have been instead given a pass by our courts, why?
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by redsun(m): 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2011
Nigerians deserve to be flogged like donkies,maybe that will get dem going,kno-bheads
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by MrBarzini: 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2011
silly bitchh
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by 9ijaMan: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2011
karl max:

Is Karl Max another one of the numerous aliases of Beaf/Faeb/Ma J Blige?
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Nsiman(m): 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ ms kobo, since all the pros and cons of buhari's admin were done by idiagbon, it means that buhari is and will be the worst president we'll (if elected) have because he'll not knw what to do as president and considering that his running mate has just jump into the waters of politics. How do u think
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Eziachi: 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2011
againstGEJ:

GEJ is desperate to rule? I thought he is already the ruler. Or have they removed him?

You talk like if you are a foreigner. Which politician/Nigerian uses their personal name to acquire wealth? They use their kids, wives etc. Dont you know? So you think because Buhari has nothing in his name- so, he qualifies as a saint. I laugh.

I take it then that within a blink, your conspiracy theory on 2.8 billion has taken a new turn? This time it is hidden in his wife/children account and I will assume that, that was because they can spend it when he is dead and buried.
What next, he hid it under his mother bed or inside his father's turban, so that no eyes can see it in one billion dollar denominations?

Whether Buhari is saint or Jonathan, apostle Peter is non of my concern. No nation looks for saints for leadership, unless you will look till thy kingdom come. What I am telling you is to stop spreading fear against your favourites opponent as the only way you call sale your man to the voters. You should rather concentrate on the unmatchable track record of your candidate and let people make up their mind.
If Buhari become a leader, SR/Niaraland will disappear, how on earth did you come to that conclusion? I will assume that you call yourself an educated person and in this day and age coming out with such a nonesense.
17th century person could do better than that believe me.

1 Like

Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by againstGEJ(m): 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2011
Eziachi:

I take it then that within a blink, your conspiracy theory on 2.8 billion has taken a new turn? This time it is hidden in his wife/children account and I will assume that, that was because they can spend it when he is dead and buried.
What next, he hid it under his mother bed or inside his father's turban?

I take it you are joking there.

Where did I mention any 2.8 billion? People. Lets say the truth here.

You probably are joking or missing up the usernames. Nice try though.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Eziachi: 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Definitely not during his reign considering we barely read of Buhari himself. Idiaghon was sort of seen as the man in charge. Now again, there are rumours but to date no real info on what exactly is out there against him.

I do have something for you to ponder. If Buhari is really a criminal and stole 2.8 billion dollars, not Naira, why is Jonathan not demanding justice for the Nigerian people now? Why? Why is the Government keeping quiet yet again, while manipulated criminals . . . especially those manipulated in the Halliburton corruption scandal walk free? Even after evidence has been handed down from the USA, and their counterparts on this side are in jail or paying for it one way or another, those on the Nigerian side of this story have been instead given a pass by our courts, why?

Don't mind this people with short memories. Before, whenever I heard Buhari supporters listing his achievements against corruption/crime, his enemies will quickly give all the credit to Tunde Idiagbon, because as they claimed, Buhari was just a figure head.
But once the so called achievements is being transformed into shortcoming for political expediency, immediatly, he is no longer the figure head, but head/toe of that government. Since the poor guy has chosen a pastor as his VP, you no longer hear the Islamic jihadist, because pastor as your vice, even Bin Laden can't beat that for a devoted Jihadist.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by againstGEJ(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2011
If Buhari was such a saint, I wonder why he was overthrown by IBB. I know your answer there anyway. But I have a reply for u as well.
Re: With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2011
againstGEJ:

If Buhari was such a saint, I wonder why he was overthrown by IBB. I know your answer there anyway. But I have a reply for u as well.

It is called a coup . . . . . I am guessing you have never experienced one or something but the way it works is that the other party looks for weakness in your government and exploits it. It has nothing to do with your status as a saint or none.

PS. Not certain anyone has said today that Buhari is a saint. Probably more that there seems no evidence being produced to support the rumours people continue to claim.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Tip For Senate President / Nigeria: Experts Back Senate On Budget Implementation / Lagos Acquires 50 Hectares Of Land In Abuja, And Ogun To Cultivate Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.