Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

N21m Cash Probe: Ehindero Cleared - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N21m Cash Probe: Ehindero Cleared (860 Views)

Jonathan Disturbed As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe / Jonathan Confused As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe / Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

N21m Cash Probe: Ehindero Cleared by sartorius(m): 7:32am On Jun 19, 2007
Former Inspector-General of Police (IG) Mr Sunday Ehindero has been cleared of any wrongdoing in the N21.1 million cash probe.

But Mr John Obaniyi, a Commissioner of Police and the former officer in-charge of Budget, has questions to answer for alleged negligence, professional misconduct and indis-cipline.

He was suspended, pending conclusion of investigation into the case barely two weeks ago.

Some aides of Obaniyi had been arrested while attempting to move two travelling bags containing money out of the Force Headquarters, Abuja. Obaniyi was later picked up.

During interrogation, he reportedly told Acting Inspector-General of Police Mr Mike Okiro that the bags containing the money belonged to Ehindero.

The interim investigation report, which Okiro submitted to President Musa Yar’Adua, however absolved the former IG of any blame.

Okiro said: "It is disappointing that the Commissioner of Police (Budget) lied to me, when I conducted an on-the-spot check in his office on June 6, 2007.

"He had told me that the cash balance in his possession was N4 million and $200,000 (USD 200,000) meant for payment of allowances for officers and men who participated in peacekeeping operations outside the country.

"Subsequently, he admitted during interrogation on discovery of the twenty-one million, six hundred and fifty thousand naira (N21,650,000.00) that he knew the balance was in a store in his office. The non-disclosure of this fact is a sufficient proof that he wanted to do away with the money, without the knowledge of the force management."

http://www.thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=22641
Re: N21m Cash Probe: Ehindero Cleared by kokoA(m): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2007
Are you sure of this? If so, Ehendero is a pastor after all.
Re: N21m Cash Probe: Ehindero Cleared by angel101(f): 8:57am On Jun 19, 2007
Na today?!! the more u look the less u see.

(1) (Reply)

Any Idea About Yar' Adua's Cabinent? / Northern Tribalism! Buhari! You Did Not Dissuade Me In 2003 Why 2007? / Democracy(unity Government) For Ever!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.