Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect (13040 Views)

Ikpeazu Presents 2 New Houses As Official Quarters To Security Chiefs (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Presents Staff Of Office To New Oniru Abdul-Wasiu Omognbolahan Lawal / Ganduje Presents Staff Of Office To New Emirs (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by Amotolongbo(f): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
ABIA State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, on Tuesday presented staff of office to 29 Ezes-elect as traditional rulers of their various autonomous communities in the State.

Presenting the staff of office to the new traditional rulers in Umuahia, Ikpeazu charged them to align with government policies and programmes as well as ensure peace and security in their domains.

He further charged them to protect government facilities in their communities and as custodians of culture and traditions in their respective communities, should serve the interest and purposes of the poor and harmless people in their areas.

The governor enjoined them to join forces with the government so sensitise their subjects to be abreast with COVID-19 protocols.

Ikpeazu, however, warned against subversive acts capable of bringing the traditional institution to ridicule and disrepute, adding that they were expected to align completely with the rules and policies of the government in order not to attract the wrath of the law.

Speaking on behalf of his colleagues, the Traditional Ruler of Ahiaba-Ubi autonomous community, Isialangwa North, Eze Okezie Amalaha, pledged that they would support the Ikpeazu-led government and ensure that peace reigned supreme in their domains.
https://punchng.com/ikpeazu-presents-staff-of-office-to-29-monarchs-elect/?amp=1&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by fergie001: 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Isialangwa,
You and I know this is wrong.....please edit this...
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by Amotolongbo(f): 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
fergie001:

You and I know this is wrong.....please edit this...
No no no!

My Igbo friends in Umunna Bende camp and friends in Umuahia told me this.
Could the Igbo guys be wrong?

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by fergie001: 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
No no no!

My Igbo friends in Umunna Bendel camp and friends in Umuahia told me this.
Could the Igbo guys be wrong?
I can't force you to.....you can go on.
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by espn(m): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
fergie001:

What is said is very wrong to be sincere. But this set of people do same to others without remorse...
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by hisgrace090: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
Staff of office from ikpeazu?

Hope it'll remain valuable.
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by fergie001: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
espn:
What is said is very wrong to be sincere. But this set of people do same to others without remorse...
There are people that will do that and I wouldn't bother because I know that is how they thrive here.......she or he doesn't do that kind of a thing.
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by fergie001: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
hisgrace090:
Staff of office from ikpeazu? Hope it'll remain valuable.
Yes nah...He is the Governor.
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by Amotolongbo(f): 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
fergie001:

Ok bro.

But in NYSC camp, we were all made to believe that. And it has always been like that every orientation camp.

The batches before us were told, same as the ones after us. It used to be a “mountain of fire” like kinda prayer against being posted to the two local governments, Isiala-Ngwa North And South in Camp.

But you can enlighten me bro.
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by fergie001: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Ok bro.

But in NYSC camp, we were all made to believe that. And it has always been like that every orientation camp.

The batches before us were told, same as the ones after us. It used to be a “mountain of fire” like kinda prayer against being posted to the two local governments, Isiala-Ngwa North And South in Camp.

But you can enlighten me bro.
So, how many of those who remained in Isialangwa were eaten?
Please, its a new experience and a new environment, so they are telling you what should seem fascinating.

Whatever happened did happen centuries ago.
I was told plenty at Asaya....it didn't change my perception.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by FrankBass281(m): 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
this guys above no go kill me with laugh.I don forget wet in I wan type sef
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by MsAllison(f): 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
monarch elect grin

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by SILVERLINES: 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
cheesy

A day will come that Abia State will finally have a governor

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by Xucxex1997: 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
Nonsense
Na since wey Demstart to elect monarchs nai I loose my respect for them
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by janedonez(m): 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
Congratulations
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by techmo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
cool

Chieftaincy and kingship need full autonomy same as Local Government

Same way a Governor appointed them he can fire them like Ganduje and Obiano

Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by FREEMADNESS: 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
mtcheeeewww.....

no economic importance.
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by Akaegwu(m): 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good one.
Make them follow chop.
Jesus is lord.
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by farem: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
The supposed traditional rulers are monarch-elects?! Elected by who? Did the former rulers die in drove that we have to have them as monarch-elects like local government chairmen and councillors?
Chai!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by Hotfreezer: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
29 Warrant Chiefs. No wonder they are regarded as Monarchs-elect. Uncultured people with no history and traditions.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by winkmart: 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good move
Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by Bobotic(m): 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Kerosene Governor shocked shocked shocked grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Presents Staff Of Office To 29 Monarchs-Elect by Fheelzz(m): 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Alright

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Vows To Complete Osisioma Flyover, Eziukwu, Others Soon / Orji Kalu Begs Aggrieved APC Members In Abia, Says APC The South East's Future / US VP Biden Calls Jonathan, Says He's A Strong Example To Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.