Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Is This Hard In Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is This Hard In Javascript (1029 Views)

Javascripters: Telegram Group To All Interested In Javascript And Its Ecosystem / How To Retrieve Data From An Api Using Fetch Api In Javascript / How Do I Convert Object To Arrey In Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Guys, I have been studying some how to's on JavaScript in w3school...But there is this particular tutorial called "image slider". That thing is so hard for me learn. undecided

Is there anyone who can do it without looking up to Google for help ?

I am thinking of abandoning the tutorial and move to the next one.

PS:I'm learning how to be a front end developer and I have mastered so many steps. Na this one dey hard me to do.
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by utepu: 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
I want to learn from this challenge. Programming pro, plz your advice on this is welcome!

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by stanliwise(m): 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
squash47:
Guys, I have been studying some how to's on JavaScript in w3school...But there is this particular tutorial called "image slider". That thing is so hard for me learn. undecided

PS:I'm learning how to be a front end developer and I have mastered so many steps. Na this one dey hard me to do.
Explain the bolded
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2020
stanliwise:
Explain the bolded

I mean like someone who can just write the code without checking to copy it from Google.

I just don't understand the whole stepts.

What do I need to study so that I can be able to do it without looking at Google.

If it's by using matht.random() ..

I can do that one but this one is quite bigger than me.
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
utepu:
I want to learn from this challenge. Programming pro, plz your advice on this is welcome!
guy, u get similar problem ?
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by stanliwise(m): 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
squash47:

I mean like someone who can just write the code without checking to copy it from Google.

I just don't understand the whole stepts.

What do I need to study so that I can be able to do it without looking at Google.

If it's by using matht.random() ..

I can do that one but this one is quite bigger than me.

Better Goan look at it from google. Don’t reinvent the wheels. When you look at it from google, try to understand why you didn’t think of it and how it works. Then write it yourself

6 Likes

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by afuye(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Keep looking up to Google until u internalize the concepts
squash47:

4 Likes

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 9:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
stanliwise:

Better Goan look at it from google. Don’t reinvent the wheels. When you look at it from google, try to understand why you didn’t think of it and how it works. Then write it yourself
exactly what I'm fighting against. I want to have it in my head.

I think it's not possible for one to know every code in his head.
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
afuye:
Keep looking up to Google until u internalize the concepts
thanks man. So, it's not possible for one to know every code in his head na

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by spartan117(m): 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
squash47:
Hell No!
Focus on understanding concepts and methods. Don't cram code! Repeat donot cram code!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by stanliwise(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
squash47:

why do you need to know every code
Your brain is for thinking and understanding concept. It is not a dictionary or a memory card.

Moreso concentrate on one objective at a time. Is your plan to generate an algorithm to do sliders or your plan is just to make a slider effect. Which one?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by melodyogonna(m): 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
squash47:

Nwokem, a wise man once said ... never try to cram what you can look up.

- Albert Einstein

7 Likes

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by Daejoyoung: 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2020
squash47:

When it comes to coding, it is not important that you have it in your head, but rather that you understand the logic. You know the process of what you want to do step by step, and then know if it is possible in javascript, and finally what to search for on google.
There is no plagiarism in copying codes from stackoverflow, as long as you understand the process, and can tweak the code as you wish.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by cixak95211: 11:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
squash47:

And since when did referencing Google become a crime?
Better start "unlearning" the things "you have learned"

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by Sapeleboy911(m): 1:16am On Aug 20, 2020
No need reinventing the wheel. You can't know everything in programming.If you like read the whole documentation and cram the whole syntax(na madness trouble that person dey find grin grin)of a particular language. Still you can't know all. As a programmer knowing how to use google and stackoverflow is a skill you must have. You can't do without them(google and stackoverflow). The only problem is copying and pasting code, without having a deep understanding of why that code worked that way and not this way. Never ever cram any code.
Small bootstrap navbar this and navbar that wey I cram I hearam for body. But after using google and stackoverflow I understood the concept, and it made things easy for me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by etoluw: 7:16am On Aug 20, 2020
to create sliders you must use css(transition) + javascript .
it's not that complicated.

if you can post the link of what you are trying to do here, i will try and explain it to you

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by Karleb(m): 9:48am On Aug 20, 2020
To understand image slider you need to understand how loops and array works and also how to add css classes to HTML tags dynamically.

I would suggest a video tutorial.

Not looking up things on Google is like trying to solve an assignment without checking textbooks. Software developers Google search even at work, there's no shame in that.

If you don't get it, Google it and do the Googling with pride.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
To understand image slider, you need to learn DOM API, as that's the JS responsible for maniputing the elements before jumping into image sliders, because its basically using CSS and JS to perform animation and hiding a dom and showing another. That's my honest advice also w3 school is a bad place to learn JS, use MDN or other sites.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
cixak95211:

And since when did referencing Google become a crime?
Better start "unlearning" the things "you have learned"

I just want to know if there is a way I can think it and learn the code without going to Google for help
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
pcguru1:
To understand image slider, you need to learn DOM API, as that's the JS responsible for maniputing the elements before jumping into image sliders, because its basically using CSS and JS to perform animation and hiding a dom and showing another. That's my honest advice also w3 school is a bad place to learn JS, use MDN or other sites.
thank you man. You just answered the questions. I will check it up.
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
Karleb:
To understand image slider you need to understand how loops and array works and also how add css classes to HTML tags dynamically.

I would suggest a video tutorial.

Not looking up things on Google is like trying to solve an assignment without checking textbooks. Software developers Google search even at work, there's no shame in that.

If you don't get it, Google it and do the Googling with pride.

Video tutorials don't help me. I get easily distracted. But I can read them up right ?
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
stanliwise:
why do you need to know every code
Your brain is for thinking and understanding concept. It is not a dictionary or a memory card.

Moreso concentrate on one objective at a time. Is your plan to generate an algorithm to do sliders or your plan is just to make a slider effect. Which one?

Both of them are my plan
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
Daejoyoung:

When it comes to coding, it is not important that you have it in your head, but rather that you understand the logic. You know the process of what you want to do step by step, and then know if it is possible in javascript, and finally what to search for on google.
There is no plagiarism in copying codes from stackoverflow, as long as you understand the process, and can tweak the code as you wish.
thanks man.
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by squash47(m): 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
etoluw:
to create sliders you must use css(transition) + javascript .
it's not that complicated.

if you can post the link of what you are trying to do here, i will try and explain it to you
the type in zeratech.com.ng
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by Karleb(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
squash47:

Video tutorials don't help me. I get easily distracted. But I can read them up right ?

Of course.
Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
If you really want to learn JavaScript to it's core nature , just find this book Professional-JavaScript-Developers-Nicholas-Zakas , Although this is mostly ES5, and you can touch up ES6 as you go. JavaScript is really complex and weird you need to understand how it's prototypial inheritance works, if not you will just be a framework expert.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by cixak95211: 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
squash47:

I just want to know if there is a way I can think it and learn the code without going to Google for help

Your first few years, will see you going to the internet, not just Google, for help.
But with practice comes perfection, if you see yourself doing the same thing everyday, it's just a matter of time,
you'll be able to do them by heart, including coding.
They have given you superb answers up there. Once the logic has become part and parcel of you,
you only need to go to the internet to lookup "documentation" ONLY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
cixak95211:

Your first few years, will see you going to the internet, not just Google, for help.
But with practice comes perfection, if you see yourself doing the same thing everyday, it's just a matter of time,
you'll be able to do them by heart, including coding.
They have given you superb answers up there. Once the logic has become part and parcel of you,
you only need to go to the internet to lookup "documentation" ONLY

I swear, constant reading and practice will help anyone improve and grow as a developer.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by Anonime1105(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
squash47:

Nope!

Even Vaterans still look online for one or two things, research is part of software development.
Understanding the concepts and how it works is the koko!

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by stanliwise(m): 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
squash47:

Both of them are my plan
Focus on one. If you plan to make a slider functionalities and you couldn’t do it after many thought. It means you are not aware of some technics or knowledge. Read articles Or study codes of successful slider and read how they achieved it. It will help

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by etoluw: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2020
squash47:

you just have to understand the basics so you can easily code it. you don't have to memorize the codes

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Hard In Javascript by Deicide: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
It's not hard....the idea is just to loop through images in an array

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Php Header() Function Error / Tutorial Php / Pls, How Can I Save A Document As .pdf, .doc In PHP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.