Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. (2860 Views)

Rosy The Rabbit: Rosy Is One Of Our Japanese Harlequin Rabbit Breeding Does / Part 2 Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know / Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by Abasman008(m): 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
Surely I am...
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by Abasman008(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2020
Hello guys...it's been long..

Have been waiting for something new so that I can update you guys...
This morning I went to feed my rabbits and my white and gray broken doe was busy in it's nest, on a closer look I saw blood around the nest. So that means am expecting kitts by either evening or tomorrow morning...

Well I could have sworn that this particular doe was not pregnant, because it refused to breed and would fight the male if it went anywhere close... The only doe I was(am) sure is pregnant was my brown chinchilla doe. Yesterday I gave them nests, I gave the white broken doe just for probability sake... It turns out it was pregnant.

It has arranged the hay and has pulled a lot of it's hair and has hardly eaten.. so it's likely going to give birth before tomorrow morning... My brown doe is expected to give birth before this week runs out too... So it'll be a super busy week for me..

They both are first time mum's and am a little scared of how the birth might be for them...

1 Like

Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by IamAsiri: 10:41am On Sep 22, 2020
Abasman008:
Hello guys...it's been long..

Have been waiting for something new so that I can update you guys...
This morning I went to feed my rabbits and my white and gray broken doe was busy in it's nest, on a closer look I saw blood around the nest. So that means am expecting kitts by either evening or tomorrow morning...

Well I could have sworn that this particular doe was not pregnant, because it refused to breed and would fight the male if it went anywhere close... The only doe I was(am) sure is pregnant was my brown chinchilla doe. Yesterday I gave them nests, I gave the white broken doe just for probability sake... It turns out it was pregnant.

It has arranged the hay and has pulled a lot of it's hair and has hardly eaten.. so it's likely going to give birth before tomorrow morning... My brown doe is expected to give birth before this week runs out too... So it'll be a super busy week for me..

They both are first time mum's and am a little scared of how the birth might be for them...

Please I thought that my doe was pregnant but I am not seeing anything pointing to that fact. I have pressed its stomach but I don't even know what to feel. Its stomach is not also looking like it's really bulging. Please help advise.
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by Abasman008(m): 11:04am On Sep 22, 2020
IamAsiri:

Please I thought that my doe was pregnant but I am not seeing anything pointing to that fact. I have pressed its stomach but I don't even know what to feel. Its stomach is not also looking like it's really bulging. Please help advise.
you won't see any sign swears... I checked too but nothing.. infact as at yesterday it was still jumping allovall the place.. though yesterday evening I noticed it was dull but it was nothing out of the ordinary.. just wait and have patience
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by Abasman008(m): 11:04am On Sep 22, 2020
IamAsiri:

you won't see any sign swears... I checked too but nothing.. infact as at yesterday it was still jumping allovall the place.. though yesterday evening I noticed it was dull but it was nothing out of the ordinary.. just wait and have patience.
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by IamAsiri: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2020
Abasman008:
you won't see any sign swears... I checked too but nothing.. infact as at yesterday it was still jumping allovall the place.. though yesterday evening I noticed it was dull but it was nothing out of the ordinary.. just wait and have patience.

Thanks
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by Abasman008(m): 11:54am On Sep 23, 2020
I tried posting yesterday, afternoon when my doe kindled but seuns spam bot banned me for a reason I don't know...so am going to post pictures from yesterday first then today...

1 Like

Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by Abasman008(m): 11:59am On Sep 23, 2020
Today they look bigger and are more mobile...

Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by IamAsiri: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
Congratulations! Is their mum staying with them in the kindling box and what are they feeding on?
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by Abasman008(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
IamAsiri:
Congratulations! Is their mum staying with them in the kindling box and what are they feeding on?
she feeds them milk .
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by jp130(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
Congrats, they looked like dutch, i like ur courage. Get a more massive buck like NZW or Hyla to cross breed the does(females) for improved varieties. In addition, pick specific breed n maintain pure lines
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by IamAsiri: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
Abasman008:
she feeds them milk .

Oh, okay.
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by Abasman008(m): 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2020
jp130:
Congrats, they looked like dutch, i like ur courage. Get a more massive buck like NZW or Hyla to cross breed the does(females) for improved varieties. In addition, pick specific breed n maintain pure lines
thank you...
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by redex288(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
I really love your updates... It amazing..

As an amateur rabbit breeder I will love to advice..
Maybe when you want to expand try to change the floor net, maybe to the galv iron mesh cause when their poop becomes bigger not sure it will pass through what you got there..
Also try to get good breeds like Hyla, American chinchilla if you are considering market value too
Re: I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. by AyoConduit: 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
I enjoyed reading your thread all through.

I plan on starting my rabbit journey early next month.

Building the cage is my first challenge.

I have raised rabbits sometime last two years when I was in one small town in Ondo. Rabbits poop alot, and it resembles goat poop.

Can you show me how you collect the excreta and feaces without littering the compound?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PALM OIL / Large Quantity Of Cashew Nuts For Sale / Local Fabrication Cages For Layers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.