Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta (1738 Views)

Moment Mali President, Assimi Goïta Was Attacked By A Man With A Knife (Video) / Stabbing Attempt On Assimi Goita, Mali's Interim President / Mali: N’daou, Goita Sworn In As President, VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by armadeo(m): 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
iammolahs:
Damn nigga

isoright

all the military men in Nigeria are fake niggas, how I wish that they will do the same to the old dullard in Aso rock

Dem no fit.
Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by kolaaderin: 12:17am On Aug 20, 2020
I pity this man, this is 21st century, He will be wasted in no time. He better declare his intention to hand over to a democratically elected president in 2 to 3 months else he is a wasted soul before the end of the year.
Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by Dedetwo(m): 12:43am On Aug 20, 2020
NnadyAutos:
The worst civilian rule is better than the best military rule.

Absolute nonsensical. The most expensive and useless government in Nigerian history has been the democracy. The present government in Nigeria spend all the funds on everybody to the level of SAs in every category of the government. The federal level alone is bigger than the university while state level is dwarfs good functional secondary school in capacity. Yet the fundamental rights of citizens are very scarce as in the military regime. At least, on the maintenance sake I had taken military regime over this present government of Nigeria.
Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by Dedetwo(m): 12:45am On Aug 20, 2020
bigtt76:
I will never understand a colonel taking over the government ahead of a brigadier general... madness shaa

Once you reached the rank of General in the military, you have become a politician. In addition, the coup or successful coup does not follow the doctrine of chain of command.
Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by amuwo1980: 12:48am On Aug 20, 2020
samuelson06:
I don't blame these guys. If only the democratically elected government was good, the army won't have time for this. The only reason this is not happening in Nigeria is because the army here has been purchased and pocketed. A real army won't fold hands and watch the way things are going on in Nigeria. Our army here is counterfeit.

I don't support coup but if this is what we need in Africa so our politicians can wake up to their responsibilities, then so be it. Africa's suffering and underdevelopment is too much and something needs to change.

Are u ok?
Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by samuelson06(m): 12:58am On Aug 20, 2020
amuwo1980:

Are u ok?

In 2014, we were yearning for APC change. In 2020, we are praying against and wishing PDP continued. In 2023, another stupid set would come in, and then the cycle continue and here you say coup is bad. Are you okay as well?
Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by bigtt76(f): 1:00am On Aug 20, 2020
You're right ...you either support or the support you out of the system cheesy

Dedetwo:

Once you reached the rank of General in the military, you have become a politician. In addition, the coup or successful coup does not follow the doctrine of chain of command.
Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by Nobody: 4:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Look at how he's dressed.

He's an operative of the special forces unit(one of the elite units) of the Malian Armed forces.

I've seen a video footage of them in training.

Can't remember what that particular unit is called now sad
Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by Omooba77: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2020
samuelson06:

In 2014, we were yearning for APC change. In 2020, we are praying against and wishing PDP continued. In 2023, another stupid set would come in, and then the cycle continue and here you say coup is bad. Are you okay as well?

It is not about a party, but the kind of democracy will operate, how will governors lock up somebody without trial, single handedly choose, LG chairman, HOA, NASS and so on...
Re: Malian Colonel, Assimi Goita, Declares Self Head Of Junta by Omooba77: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2020
Lalasticlala let us know the new Head of State of Mali......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Democratic Republic Of Congo Is Bleeding And The World Is Silent About It! / The Battle: Islamocracy Vs Democracy / Real Reason For Libya Invasion: Gadaffi's Proposal To Nationalise Libya's Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.