Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers (17389 Views)

Nigeria Spends About N3 Billion To Send Govt Officials To COP28 / Petrol: NNPC Can No Long Bear N120bn Monthly Subsidy – Kyari Warns Nigerians / Ekiti Debt Profile Hits N120bn As Fayose Bows Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2020
kikero:

At which point, I invite you to run a business where you don't let 48% of your customers pay you...they take your goods for free. You would be struggling in a few weeks financially

No, privatization of the power sector does not work because government forces the DISCOS to charge artifically low prices, and pays them the difference.

In other words, imagine if you owned a business selling shoes. You buy them at N2000 a pair and plan to sell them at N2500 a pair making a profit of N500 a pair.

Government steps in, forces you to sell the shoes at N1000 a pair, and then pays you a subsidy of N700 a pair. Not only are you not making a profit, but you don't have the cash to pay your suppliers.

That's how we treat the power sector. Then we refuse to pay our bills.

I suggest you google for the Pricewaterhousecoopers report on the Nigerian power sector. It makes for some good reading.

Well, so long as we keep on subsidising fuel, the whole crude oil sector would be running at a loss . That's why we don't have as much investment in new refinereis as we should...and that means we cannot build more plants like EPCL.

Saudi Arabia produces over 10 million barrels of crude a day for a population of 35million people

Nigeria produces 2million barrels of crude a day for a populaiton of 200 million people.

We don't earn as much as the Saudis do, and the Saudis have enough money to fund their oil sector adequately, and have a surplus.

Plus, Nigeria spends billions on subsides. These keep fuel prices low, and discourage investors from building more refinereis. (And yes, we pay the lowest for fuel in West Africa....our neighbours pay more...which is why smuggling happens.).
All i would say is Nigerians need to hold the government accountable.
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by redsun(m): 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
That is a reasonable felony. The people responsible should've brought to book.
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by handiriwamadi(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/nigeria-spends-n120bn-annually-to-keep-refineries-idle-%e2%80%95-petroleum-engineers/amp/
as long as we keep importing finished petroleum products from outside the country, our refineries won't function optimal.the cabals won't allow that to happen.our refineries are serving as tank farms, for storage not to refine crude oil.
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by earnit3: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2020
really
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by Olabode971(f): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Ewuhausa001:
Rare picture of the Nigerian government and her citizen

After they have beaten the citizens blue black finish; the citizens go be like; Pls, we no fight again oh.

grin

Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by Eriggs: 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
DominusPrime:
Let's wait for to come and defend our darling daddy as he is the current minister of petroleum
1 like? people don't like your jargons anymore? grin sorry o, u r now alone in ur hatred for dem MANNA, d truth people. enjoy ur loneliness and stop dat whatsapp tin u r doin here. we will report u to d mods, not time for people to lose their money, u r warned

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2020
Eriggs:
1 like? people don't like your jargons anymore? grin sorry o, u r now alone in ur hatred for dem MANNA, d truth people. enjoy ur loneliness and stop dat whatsapp tin u r doin here. we will report u to d mods, not time for people to lose their money, u r warned

How many likes do you even see him getting? He now has to mention monikers who don't even mention him. By the way you'd better come and help your life with what I'm doing on WhatsApp. Check my threads to see if anyone has come to say it's a scam. And feel free to report me to the mods. Even kept crying for the mods until he got tired. I wish I had time to expose more of his nonsense on front page then since you want likes you'd get more than enough. When the likes were coming where were you? Pained and silent cos I kept exposing the stupidity of both the apc and pdp. Crawl back to your hole. You are boring. is even more exciting than you...
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by Eriggs: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
DominusPrime:

How many likes do you even see him getting? When the likes were coming where were you? ...
haha, see dis kid comparing likes for real o, judging your life on people number of likes? what a pitiable immature life, u cant be up to 22 obviously. very immature comment. about your fraudulent activities here and WhatsApp, i will soon send screenshots from ur WhatsApp, i am there, asking people to send money after lying to them here. u will soon see 21 yr old, get busy and legal wit life
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
Eriggs:
haha, see dis kid comparing likes for real o, judging your life on people number of likes? what a pitiable immature life, u cant be up to 22 obviously. very immature comment. about your fraudulent activities here and WhatsApp, i will soon send screenshots from ur WhatsApp, i am there, asking people to send money after lying to them here. u will soon see 21 yr old, get busy and legal wit life

You brought up the issue of likes, I then decided to stoop low to your level. All of a sudden I'm the child? Lol...

As for the screenshots feel free to send to the mods. That you have even said I'm asking people to send money just shows you don't even know what you are saying. Its obvious you want to play dirty.

No need for long story pls send the screenshots. My number is here. So don't hide the number sending you messages soliciting for money. I'm waiting for you.
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
Eriggs:

I'm waiting for you to send evidence that I'm a scammer. I have never had to call the mods to ban anyone even if I've been insulted because to me it looks like a helpless child crying desperately for help but since you dimmed it fit to say rubbish about me I'll come down to your level...or better still I'll just ignore you sef. All you do is scream mods anyway.
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by iwaeda: 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
tizteezy:

It's pathetic sir

If we sit down and do a thorough analysis and documentation of what goes on behind the scenes in this country, there would be a serious problem. Mali would be child's play.

Thing is, they've succeeded in churning out series of dumb stories and farcial activities to turn youths' attention from the real issues.

And we're stupidly budging. We're buying it!!!

Why wouldn't there be racism in other climes against our roots?
When so called baboons called leaders milk us dry to invest in Europe and America? When it's obvious we're suffering here?
What will the whites think of us here? "Monkeys that cannot Stand up for themselves"

A country like Nigeria in over 60 years cannot boast of a functional refinery and we find it funny?

Viable sectors are being monopolized by some power drunk idiots and we keep singing their praises and fighting for them on social media?

Wake up guys! Smell the coffee!

Signed on behalf of
Disillusioned Nigerians

You are Woke!!
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by newisd75: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
d are 3 common things in this fg, which are waste,looting & corruption. d will ban u from importing some goods while d import fuel
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by Philspace(m): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
I really have no idea where this country is heading .
Dear Family;
Kindly assist a brother, i intend starting-up a Point of Sales business (POS) but my only challenge now is a smart phone, my bank said i'll have to use the mobile app pending when my approval for the machine will be granted.
Please i'll be grateful if you could assist me get one, nothing is too small.
My details below;
Yanjo Aondover Philip (GTB)
God bless you.
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by opeey(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
“It’s not in our national interest to continue to pump money into things that are not adding value. From that perspective, it’s only reasonable to say that government should have sold this asset long time ago to those who can run it.
Re: Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers by tizteezy(m): 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
YorubaPrince:

I absolutely agree with everything you wrote up there. The youths are too deluded, trust me. They're just a bribe away from speaking up. So pathetic indeed!

The leaders are simply a reflection of the citizens afterall... undecided

I can't agree less with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kehinde Ajibade: IPPIS Is A Scam, FG Deceived Us / Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk / Stop Making Only Niger Delta Indigenes Minister Of Petroleum - Yabagi Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.