Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) (1824 Views)

The World's Largest Cruise Ship Almost Ready To Set Sail | See People Reactions. / Titanic II Will Set Sail In 2022 Following The Same Route As The Original / ₦32M, 245Days Onboard, 59 Countries, Worlds Longest Cruise To Sail In 2019(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
Movie-goers boarded boats floating on the shimmering waters of a Tel Aviv lake on Thursday for a test screening at Israel's first "sail-in" cinema.

With indoor film theatres shut because of coronavirus restrictions, Tel Aviv municipality launched the floating cinema to allow residents to catch a movie in the open air while still keeping a safe distance from each other.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN25G2AR

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
The floating cinema provided seating aboard 70 pedal and rowing boats set in the Yarkon Park lake, two metres apart to maintain social distancing, Tel Aviv municipality said.

Two films will be screened every evening during the last week of August, the municipality said.

Thursday's screening, attended by about 300 people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by thesicilian: 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
Mother Nature will be on her own jeje, humans will go and be looking for her trouble. Beautiful and innovative concept, though risky.

5 Likes

Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by NiklauseFred(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
*risky risky yes ur body risky* riiiiskyyy!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by nwaanambra1(m): 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
hmmm! i was surprised to see they have lifted the ban on my monika after almost one year.

just bc i replied to an offensive comment made against my people by one monika with 'leo' attached to it. i was banned but he was free till date freely attacking the igbos.

Nairaland MODs una well done sha! no be say una don ever dash me data ooo! and yet una placed a barn on me for so long. God dey sha!
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by nwaanambra1(m): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
@topic.

abeg this pic na Israel?

this israel no be the same one wey dey fight with palestine??

Israel get this kind beautiful settings with skyscrapers - so tey them dey stay on top water to watch film uin the middle of the dessert fa and Palestine still dey like unhabitted land!

this life no balance at all!!

Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by dejavubobo1(m): 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
covid apart... this looks classy to me
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by konkonbilo(m): 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
sad
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Anonime1105(m): 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nice idea..

I hope there are no crocsbin the river tongue tongue tongue
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Imustreturn(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
Explorer giving us hot hot grin
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Harkstetunz: 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
Wow! beautiful!
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Harkstetunz: 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
grin Land for sale. Trespassers should keep off. If not, they will be shot on sight. Survivors will be shot again

Damnnnn nigarrrr, come and buy land oooo
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Nmezor(f): 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nice concept
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Kusheer(m): 12:48am On Aug 21, 2020
Thunder go fire poverty and thunder go fire Nigeria leaders that keep swallowing our money shocked shocked cry cry
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Demayour: 1:43am On Aug 21, 2020
Kusheer:
Thunder go fire poverty and thunder go fire Nigeria leaders that keep swallowing our money shocked shocked cry cry

Shall I say thunder should fire Nigerians who have been docile all these years despite the massive looting going on?
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Demayour: 1:52am On Aug 21, 2020
You see pictures like these and you're reminded of the achievables when a state has a united sense of purpose. Isreal's determination in the midst of enemies, American dream that's open to any creative individual, the Japanese cultural and work ethic and the innovative mind of the South-East Asia. In Nigeria, what would be used to qualify us? Tribalism of Nigerians or Corruption of Nigerians or Delusion of grandeur of Nigerians or the hypocritical, over-religiousity of Nigerians? I don't know which one sounds better.

It's not that we're kuku not innovative or creative in Nigeria, we'll innovate and create solutions to every problem when we want to but we're more concerned with surpassing one another in terms of material wealth and we'll go to any length to achieve that. Politicians keep stealing and they get supported by those who hope to steal like them. Some who don't have access to steal from political positions devise all means to steal and defraud private individuals of their wealth and all we do is to show off. Why won't Nigeria be as messed-up as this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by missjo(f): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2020
thesicilian:
Mother Nature will be on her own jeje, humans will go and be looking for her trouble. Beautiful and innovative concept, though risky.
How is this risky?
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by JoshOxborn: 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
Why is Nigeria always different!!?
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by 2Lynx(m): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
JoshOxborn:

You are right though, but How is Nigeria different in this context?.... Isreal seems to be the ONLY country to come up with this idea.
why is Israel always different!!!? appropriate?
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Birdeyeview: 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
JoshOxborn:
We no be copy copy
The problems we have here is overwhelming Enough.

Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by 2Lynx(m): 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
Good, it's close to the land and I'm pretty sure there are lifeguards around, coupled with the vest I see most putting on.. Except say the person time don reach sha...so all assurance still fall on Christ.

But this is more luxurious than attributing it to covid-19 .. Another turista site loading...............
Re: Israel Opens First Floating Sail-in Cinema For Coronavirus Safe Viewing(Photos) by Cousin9999: 12:06am On Aug 27, 2020
This reminds me. This is an excellent opportunity to revive drive-in theaters and the whole experience of that. It's like a concert or cookout.

It also helps small businesses given how much opportunity they have to sell stuff.

A sail-in is ridiculous, especially considering these people will probably be drinking.

(1) (Reply)

Onlookers Snap Photos As Accident Victim Struggles To Crawl Out From Summersault / Which Europe Country Can #2m Take Me To / 8 Countries Where It's Most Difficult To Become Citizen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.