Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,059 members, 7,852,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) (53079 Views)

'Why We Beheaded Businessman Whose Wife Raised Only N40,000 Out Of N5m Ransom' / Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her / Manhunt Begins For Lebanese Who Offered To Sell Trafficked Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Sachiopropty(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2020
Call now for Bureau De Change transaction

1 Like

Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Princeofasia: 9:17am On Aug 21, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
no talk Wetin your eyes no see undecided

if dem call you to bring evidence now how you go do
thunder fire ur papa. idots like u are the problem of this country
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by codedguy1(m): 9:18am On Aug 21, 2020
EFCC can't even spell Laundering. LAUDERING grin

They mad the mistake with both men grin
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Princeofasia: 9:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Onlinealaba:
The anti-graft agency should be commended knowing fully well they might have tried to bribe their way out
nothing to commend here. this is just a case of them not giving out the type of bribe they where asked for. i am sure they must have told to bribe with 60% of the cash and they said never, instead lets go to jail.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Btruth: 9:27am On Aug 21, 2020
ValCon888:
Watch as the government will try to smuggle the same money out of the country.
Almost every Nigerian politician in office is guilty of this crime.
Alamaisia of Bayelsa come to mind.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Ilal: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
They better pay fine if there is an option for fine...

Our jail nor funny
cheesy
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
They better pay fine if there is an option for fine...

Our jail nor funny
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Bakin3(m): 9:29am On Aug 21, 2020
E be things.

We construct Bio digester (Modern Sockaway). Cheap and quick to install. No waste removal. Little maintenance. Odorless. Little space required. Check my signature.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Vabasi(m): 9:32am On Aug 21, 2020
So the EFCC guy can't even spell "Laundering"
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by moneyissweet(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Ogbomosho weed.

Shellsploit:
They should av invested the money into bitcoin or try travelling by land i.e "God is good" Transports.
The last time i check, Ore to beirut is less than 6hours drive..

Lalasticlala sef

1 Like

Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2020
dairykidd:
It happens everyday at least i know of Abuja airport... These guys probably never settle
vacancy dey the airport. I no mind working there.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Tell1234: 9:42am On Aug 21, 2020
380.50 X 890,000= 338,645,000. Gone just like that plus two year Jail term. This is the real definition of compounded punishment.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by bisi16(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2020
Money "laudering"
Olodo efcc.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Iceyjayzz(m): 9:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Sysdatek:

Yea
Know lots of guys into it
Most heavy btc volumes in nigeria are importers and politicians moving cash
I'm even asking him to link me, this guy now have a well furnished 4 bedroom duplex in lekki phase 1 and 2 mercedes Benz, mehn if you get long leg, money will surely come your way.

I remember vividly how he was broke around 2014 and he always borrow money from him, now am the one borrowing from him, this life ehn..
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by nedekid: 9:46am On Aug 21, 2020
So if them taya for naija and decide to dispose of their assets and return back to Lebanon because of the Usless naija economy how do they take their money back? If you were in their shoes what will you do?
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by nBag(m): 9:47am On Aug 21, 2020
LadySarah:
cheesy

Normal person:Mom I'm hungry

Shakespeare :Let it be known to the womb that bore this child that this stomach consist of emptiness.

Alas, o ye my offspring the seed of love life. let thine heart be at peace and find rest for that which will make merry thy bowels is almost ready.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by OLULAW: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2020
Brandonx:
grin grin Them no wise o. Who moves such amount of money undecided
If you want to bring huge funds into the country or move huge funds there's a way you you do it.
If na me dey launder such funds them never born who wan catch me undecided

Confession 2020
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:50am On Aug 21, 2020
Excuses:
Imagine Nigeria as a country with its citizens criticizing the government of everything all the time..

They can't appreciate the same government for observing their civic responsibility they are busy telling the criminals how foolish & unwise they are..

Average Nigerian youths cannot think of legitimate ways of making money..is how to defraud people and call it smart..

Every Nigerian knows the right thing to do..but simply chose shortcuts & wrong..for living twisted lives and chocking the system EVERYBODY SHALL SUFFER IT.
Bros me too shock. No single person commended the anti graft agency.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by dwizzed(m): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2020
Money you'll use to trade crypto currencies.... Unwise fellows.

Kudos to EFCC for job weldone but Las Las person go still psyphon that money.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Ijaya123: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2020
Promoter2:
What will happen to the money, most importantly

Go back and read the story.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Ijaya123: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2020
Princeofasia:
nothing to commend here. this is just a case of them not giving out the type of bribe they where asked for. i am sure they must have told to bribe with 60% of the cash and they said never, instead lets go to jail.

Can you provide proof of this allegation?
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Moscodee1990(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2020
Hahaha, there's is 'laudering, not laundering.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Malawian(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2020
Baby smugglers. Instead of them to open FORM M somewhere and pay for container shipment to wherever they are moving the money to.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Princeofasia: 10:14am On Aug 21, 2020
Ijaya123:

Can you provide proof of this allegation?
i will provide proof of the thunder of 6000 volts that will strike ur blokos if you mention me again. idiot
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by juniorstar(m): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2020
they must have bought these foreign currency at exorbitant exchange rate from one bureau de change guy or one politician sent dem as picker! but for those saying why didn't they buy btc. its very risky especially when the money is illegal. efcc guys can pose as buyer and depositing the money in a bank immediately alerts cbn cos d money involved is huge. me personally i cant buy btc using f to f method especially the quantity involved here.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Ijaya123: 10:17am On Aug 21, 2020
Princeofasia:
i will provide proof of the thunder of 6000 volts that will strike ur blokos if you mention me again. idiot

All talk no substance. Attribute of lazy youths.
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Princeofasia: 10:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Ijaya123:

All talk no substance. Attribute of lazy youths.
yes like your mama and papa tht wasted his sperm on you
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by adonainana: 10:29am On Aug 21, 2020
Shellsploit:
They should av invested the money into bitcoin or try travelling by land i.e "God is good" Transports.
The last time i check, Ore to beirut is less than 6hours drive..

Lalasticlala sef

True, they could have bought bitcoin or any cyptocurrency with it here in nigeria, Loads of Nigerian companies and online vendors sell bitcoin in big quantities, and once they get to Lebanon, they will simply sell the bitcoin for the local lebanese currency

But cant blame them tho, they are older generation they really dont know how to launder money.

Recently, someone laundered 200 million naira in my presence through bitcoin, i was shocked.....

The system was even automated self so he could keep creating accounts buying bitcoins upon bitcoin upon bitcoin

I sell bitcoin sha come and buy

+44 75 916 839 24
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Ennybouy(m): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2020
If the money is from a legal source,they sure don't have any reason to try smuggling it. Let the EFCC deal with where it how it came about first.

And again they have just successfully added to some people's bank account
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by adonainana: 10:31am On Aug 21, 2020
Iceyjayzz:
I swear, a friend of mine did the same late last year, he bought around 135btc. untraceable! when he traveled out of the country he sold the coins, he said that's the easiest way.

Fam i agree there is even this Nigerian company that sells bitcoin and you can order up to 100 million naira bitcoin in one go so far you have your money

And the system is automated as per blockchain so you wallet has 100 million naira worth of btc

When you get to wherever you are going, just sell the bitcoin for whatever currency you want, no limit too grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Jaqenhghar: 10:32am On Aug 21, 2020
ValCon888:
Watch as the government will try to smuggle the same money out of the country.
Almost every Nigerian politician in office is guilty of this crime.
Isnt it ironic?
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by Foolishbuhari: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2020
Sysdatek:
Clowns

Whatever happened to cryptocurrency

With millions of dollars btc nigerians buy these days to push cash abroad

Some mumsu still dey carry cash
undecided

I guess because cash is king Bro haha
Re: Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) by bizhop01: 10:59am On Aug 21, 2020
Promoter2:
What will happen to the money, most importantly
EFCC internal revenue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Rammed Into Girl 3 Times With His SUV In Road Rage Attack In US / Police Bust Kidnappers Waiting For Ransom In Gombe / Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.