Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family (53015 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Orders Arrest Of Military Officer Riding Motorcycle Against Traffic / Daughter Of Godward Abayomi Ewa, RCCG Pastor Cries Out For Help / RCCG Pastor, Philip Prince Olatunbosun Arrested For Sexually Assaulting Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:19am On Mar 25, 2022
Family Cries Out As Redeemed Church Pastor Orders Arrest, Detention Of Young Man, Others Who Shared Testimonies During Service

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKMAR 24, 2022

A young man, Martins Onah Monday, is currently being detained at the Ikoyi Police Station on the orders of the Pastor of Trinity Temple, Redeemed Christian Church of God, Ikoyi, Lagos.

SaharaReporters learnt that the young man and some friends he invited to the church had shared testimonies on March 20, 2022, during the Sunday service.

However, police officers subsequently stormed the church and arrested Martins and his friends.

They were later to learn that they were arrested in connection with a theft that occurred in the church on December 26, 2021.

Kingsley, a brother of Martins told SaharaReporters that the church pastor said he was seeing Martins and his friends for the first time suspected that they had carried out the theft on the said date.

Meanwhile, Kingsley informed that the Onahs lost their father on December 17, 2021, and Martins and one other person had taken the corpse to the village and had remained there for the burial in January 2022.

Martins had returned to Lagos in February 2022 and was at the church on Sunday, March 20 to share a testimony but was arrested and is being remanded in police custody as of the time of filing this report.

Kingsley further told SaharaReporters that the case was initially transferred to Area F, Police Command, Ikeja but was later transferred back to Ikoyi Police Station for lack of substance.

He said the police had however insisted that only a letter from the church can ensure the release of Martins as he cannot be released on bail — though three of his friends have regained freedom.

Kingsley said, “My brother, Martins Onah went to church and invited his friends as new members in the church. At the church, everybody was giving testimonies, he and his friends did too, he was the last person to share a testimony.

“The police came and arrested those he invited to the church, then they said he must follow them too to the police station. They took them from church on Sunday morning around 10 or 11 am and took them to the police station, they're currently locked in the place till now.
“They've taken my brother to state command and they were told that there is no case in the matter, that they should take them back to the police station.

“The allegation is that on December 26, some people robbed the church and took all the instruments, so when my brother and his friends attended on Sunday, March 20, the pastor said he hadn't seen them before that they were strange faces. Meanwhile, my brother attends the church.

“They're claiming my brother is part of those who robbed the church on December 26 whereas, on December 17, my dad passed on so this my brother (Martins Onah) and my other brother took my dad's corpse to the village so he was not even in Lagos at that time.

“I don't understand the pastor and why he's insisting he does not know my brother. He does not even have the right to lock my brother up. These people have no evidence that my brother invaded their church, this is defamation of character and abuse of his rights.

“My brother is detained at Ikoyi Police Station. The police had earlier taken them to Ikeja and they said there is no case that they should bring them back and get a letter from the pastor that locked them up so they can be freed. The Pastor refused to give such a letter.

“The police has now released three persons, it's only my brother and one of his friends that are still there. The police said they cannot release my brother until they bring a letter from the church. I think they released two of them on bail but they just released the other guy.

“Meanwhile, the police had earlier mentioned N20, 000 bail and I was like okay, let me go and bail my brother because he has committed no offence but when I got there, they said my brother cannot be released on bail without a letter from the church.

"Till now, my brother is still in the cell. The confusing part is that the person who locked him up is not showing his face. The church had sent one of their ushers to come to the police station and free the detained persons. The usher came but the police said the letter the usher brought was not the correct one, asking the person to bring another. So, this person who locked up my brother has remained anonymous."

Source

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Fahdiga(m): 8:21am On Mar 25, 2022
So according to the story here the only evidence the pastor have against the accused is that he hasn't seen his face in the church before. I blame our Police that cannot conduct a robust investigation

197 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Totilopussylick(m): 8:21am On Mar 25, 2022
The allegation is that on December 26, some people robbed the church and took all the instruments, so when my brother and his friends attended on Sunday, March 20, the pastor said he hadn't seen them before that they were strange faces. Meanwhile, my brother attends the church.

Investigation should be done properly sad

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Realmi: 8:25am On Mar 25, 2022
Wahala dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Rastaramsey(m): 8:28am On Mar 25, 2022
Imagine angry angry
Pastor acting on suspicion angry angry angry
Shebi he suppose get spirit wey go tell am kiss kiss

144 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Aonkuuse(m): 8:28am On Mar 25, 2022
Chai testimony turn to horror

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by LordIsaac(m): 8:45am On Mar 25, 2022
After everything, they should sue the Pastor and claim 1 billion naira damages.

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by godofuck231: 8:58am On Mar 25, 2022
Stop attending pretentious gatherings , thats not a church, no police man , armed or unarmed with a uniform is allowed into a church to arrest or kill, its against international law , infact this is a sacrilegious offense and the "said church " has been desecrate, war or no war , the church is a sanctuary, who ever runs into it is safe . Fucking fart brains.

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by JoyousFurnitire(m): 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Which kain rubbish be dis. Shey police no get brain abi wetin?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Frigga13: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Front page ?

Name of pastor

Pastor no get Name

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

10 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Sultty(m): 9:07am On Mar 25, 2022
if things don't change they should seek redress in court

8 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Zonefree(m): 9:09am On Mar 25, 2022
Frigga13:
Front page
What the name of the church?
Or them no get names ...

How you wan make them tag em .. without names and information

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

The names and information are there. Na you no gree read.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Frigga13: 9:12am On Mar 25, 2022
Zonefree:

The names and information are there. Na you no gree read.

Okay
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by godofuck231: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
Which kain rubbish be dis. Shey police no get brain abi wetin?
them get just that its being used ,maybe the letter go return am back
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by godofuck231: 10:10am On Mar 25, 2022
Sultty:
if things don't change they should seek redress in court
and that church be shutdown

5 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Blackbishop(m): 10:24am On Mar 25, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Source

Your pastors living fat and you dumb fowls that remain to speak to your God are still patronizing these conmen

2 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by CrownOfClay724: 10:55am On Mar 25, 2022
Not surprised.
If you've been to Police stations and seen what is happening there, you will know Nigerian police would kill you for a fee if the price is right.

That it will take a letter from the church to release him as against constitutional provisions on the detention of a suspect should tell you what's up.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by flyingdutchman(m): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2022
Story incomplete. Lies

1 Like

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by qekng40(f): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
grin

Did he see it in a vision or what?

we need to hear from the Pastor cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Peace081: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
Lol
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by iCauseTrouble: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
The story get K-leg. I will wait for a reply from the church

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Thinktwicemybro: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
What? What is the proof.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Theunbothered: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
Church is now an agent of police brutality.

Redeemed Business Church indeed. grin

but when I got there, they said my brother cannot be released on bail without a letter from the church

4 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Na wa undecided yet they preach forgiveness of enemies 70x7 times

2 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Timblogga: 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Whoa
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Theunbothered: 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
flyingdutchman:
Story incomplete. Lies

See their members already denying sad

8 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by princeemmma(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Do we even have law in Nigeria, arrested and detained without evidence, Police this days don't do their jobs in the right

Section 35 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 as amended, and Articles 3 of the African Charter on Human Rights Act, Cap (A9) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 the police have no power to detain anyone, save for as provided by the law.

But everything has changed now.............. even this days Police can arrest anybody working on the street, all in the name of suspect

4 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Truefaith: 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Dgse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Arrested Officers Who Killed Kolade Johnson "Kay Low" / Armed Robbers Attack A Bank In Aniocha Delta, Kill 3 People (Graphic Pics) / Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.