Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity (2581 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / 4 Antichrist Statements Made By Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) / Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by jacoik(m): 5:19am On Aug 21, 2020
If you are the type of person that reads the Bible occasionally, then you should have come across some verses which questions the authenticity of Christianity as a whole.

There are some portions which are so complicated to the extent that it is difficult to understand and interpret what is written. What makes it even more contradicting is the fact that different churches have their own versions of the Bible in which some text were either added, removed or rephrased.

We all know the goal is aimed at worshipping one God but, the issue of having different versions of the bible adds to the confusion, and brings up a question like, if these books were written by the same persons. Most of these contradicting statements can be mostly found in the old testament but, most people claim the laws of the old testament are no longer considered to be very important because most of the texts happened before the coming of the saviour. Still yet we forget that the method of the payment of tithe originated from the old testament.

Without saying much, let's look at the 10 Bible verses that will make you question the authenticity of Christianity.

1. The first book on this list is Exodus 20:13 according to the Good News version which says "Do not commit murder."

On the same book, Exodus 32:27 says "And he said to them, Thus said the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor."

2. Genesis 32:30 says "Jacob said, I have seen God face-to-face, and I am still alive; so he named the place Peniel."

But John 1:18 says “No one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is the same as God and is at the Father's side, he has made him known."

3. Ephesians 2: 8-9 says "For by such grace you have been saved through faith. This does not come from you; it is the gift of God."

James 2:24 says "You observe that a person is justified through actions and not through faith alone."

4. Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Job 1:1 says "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one that feared God, and turned away from evil."

5. Deuteronomy 27:22 says "Cursed is the one who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen!’"

But according to Wikipedia, the Bible and other sources, Abraham and his sister Sarah were married and their marriage was blessed.

6. Matthew 10:34 says "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the world. No, I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

John 16:33 says "I have told you this so that you will have peace by being united to me. The world will make you suffer. But be brave! I have defeated the world!"

7. Proverbs 26:4 says "Don't answer a fool according to his foolishness, or you will be just like him."

Proverbs 26:5 says "Answer a fool according to his foolishness, or he will think himself to be wise."

8. Genesis 17:10 says "Here is my covenant that you are to observe, between me and you and your descendants: Every male among you is to be circumcised.”

Galatians 5:2 says "Listen! I, Paul, am telling you that if you allow yourselves to be circumcised, the Messiah will be of no benefit to you.”

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 21, 2020
Na only 10 you know? There are many others, shaje ki n gbenu dake...

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by illicit(m): 6:56am On Aug 21, 2020
The advocates are coming and they will call u fool if u don't concur to their opinion, u will see
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by OtemAtum: 6:57am On Aug 21, 2020
The bible is a book of error na

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by DrPurple(m): 7:01am On Aug 21, 2020
It's You that is Confused Tbh.
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by middlebelter(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2020
You are indeed an occasional reader of the scripture. The Holy Bible is a spiritual book and you only understand some aspects with the type of mindset with which you approach it. If you read with the mind to find faults or contradictions like you have done, the devil that doesn't want you to benefit from reading will load you with thousands of confusion. But if you, one on one with your maker ask God to lead you to the truth about the scriptures on the bottom of your heart, God will never fail to lead you to understanding of the truth.

Remember the same lawyer can twist the same section of law to mean different things to you depending on your understanding of the law, in the same vein, the devil is always ready to lead many without the spirit of God into more confusion especially when their objectives are sinister.

I therefore counsel you, the Holy Bible is not contradictory as you are trying to mislead people, scripture is used to explain the scriptures. If God says thou shall not commit murder and at another point say take your sword and execute judgement on your brother that have committed sin,. Is it not applicable even today? Government says don't commit murder, of you do the arms of the law will catch up with you, however the same government allows soldiers to kill insurgents and bandits that are citizens of this country. Can you see the need for orderliness here?
Please stop misleading people about the scripture, it is a dangerous thing to do. Search him with all your heart in your room all alone, he will manifest if you do.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by HeavenlyHolines(m): 7:19am On Aug 21, 2020
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. The bible is not an educational book or novel. It's a spiritual book n without d spirit of God, it will look like a controversial book. What you need is genuine repentance n constant relationship with God. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by Missyajoke(f): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2020
Where are the confused statent shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.
Confusing statements that will make you doubt Christianity undecided undecided undecided undecided like seriously.
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by gsegun43: 7:23am On Aug 21, 2020
Yes, there are errors and contradictions in the bible but from most of what you wrote up there, you are the one that lack understanding. Eg the proverb verses you put up there are not contradicting,

but las las religion na scam

grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by Kobojunkie: 7:26am On Aug 21, 2020
middlebelter:
You are indeed an occasional reader of the scripture. The Holy Bible is a spiritual book and you only understand some aspects with the type of mindset with which you approach it. If you read with the mind to find faults or contradictions like you have done, the devil that doesn't want you to benefit from reading will load you with thousands of confusion. But if you, one on one with your maker ask God to lead you to the truth about the scriptures on the bottom of your heart, God will never fail to lead you to understanding of the truth.
I disagree! The books in the bible were written by humans, compiled in human language, to be comprehended in much the same way that human language ought to be.
Granted the OP has done a shoddy job as basic comprehension is concerned, but the book itself is not "spiritual". Majority of the stories/entries contained are written from the perspective of man and so should be parsed and comprehended in similar manner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by Daejoyoung: 7:38am On Aug 21, 2020
Granted the bible has it's problems, but you didn't do a good job here op. Almost all of what you put up there can't be counted as problematic verses.
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 21, 2020
That's why Jehovah's Witnesses (ambassadors of the Author) are always coming to knock on your door, to study the book (Bible) with you! smiley

The book said about itself "it's not easy to grasp what is inside" {Daniel 12:8-13} so the Author sent his son to commission a preaching (subtle appeal) and teaching (tutorial) for those who may find this book interesting! Matthew 28:19-20

For instance, the Exodus account is a law stating that life is precious to the Author, and the order to exterminate those who go against the laws of the Author shows how serious he is when talking about the maintenance of his life saving orders.
Those who deliberately ignore such orders will bring deadly plagues upon the land so the law says "exterminate such ones from the camp, to make it safe for the obedient ones"

So for further enlightenment on this wonderful book, search for Jehovah's Witnesses in your neighbourhood, for the past 100 years since 1919 they've been knocking on people's doors to preach and teach them the sacred secrets in the Bible, but Covid19 which marks a 100 years of this global campaign is keeping them indoors for now! smiley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2020
Those who truly know God, know if there are any real contradictions in the Bible, it has absolutely nothing to do with God but everything to do with man.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:21am On Aug 21, 2020
OtemAtum:
The bible is a book of error na

Quran is NOT a book of error em?
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:24am On Aug 21, 2020
jacoik:
If you are the type of person that reads the Bible occasionally, then you should have come across some verses which questions the authenticity of Christianity as a whole.

There are some portions which are so complicated to the extent that it is difficult to understand and interpret what is written. What makes it even more contradicting is the fact that different churches have their own versions of the Bible in which some text were either added, removed or rephrased.

We all know the goal is aimed at worshipping one God but, the issue of having different versions of the bible adds to the confusion, and brings up a question like, if these books were written by the same persons. Most of these contradicting statements can be mostly found in the old testament but, most people claim the laws of the old testament are no longer considered to be very important because most of the texts happened before the coming of the saviour. Still yet we forget that the method of the payment of tithe originated from the old testament.

Without saying much, let's look at the 10 Bible verses that will make you question the authenticity of Christianity.

1. The first book on this list is Exodus 20:13 according to the Good News version which says "Do not commit murder."

On the same book, Exodus 32:27 says "And he said to them, Thus said the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor."

2. Genesis 32:30 says "Jacob said, I have seen God face-to-face, and I am still alive; so he named the place Peniel."

But John 1:18 says “No one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is the same as God and is at the Father's side, he has made him known."

3. Ephesians 2: 8-9 says "For by such grace you have been saved through faith. This does not come from you; it is the gift of God."

James 2:24 says "You observe that a person is justified through actions and not through faith alone."

Job 1:1 says "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one that feared God, and turned away from evil."

5. Deuteronomy 27:22 says "Cursed is the one who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen!’"

But according to Wikipedia, the Bible and other sources, Abraham and his sister Sarah were married and their marriage was blessed.

6. Matthew 10:34 says "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the world. No, I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

John 16:33 says "I have told you this so that you will have peace by being united to me. The world will make you suffer. But be brave! I have defeated the world!"

7. Proverbs 26:4 says "Don't answer a fool according to his foolishness, or you will be just like him."

Proverbs 26:5 says "Answer a fool according to his foolishness, or he will think himself to be wise."

8. Genesis 17:10 says "Here is my covenant that you are to observe, between me and you and your descendants: Every male among you is to be circumcised.”

Galatians 5:2 says "Listen! I, Paul, am telling you that if you allow yourselves to be circumcised, the Messiah will be of no benefit to you.”

Bible is a book of error and contradiction but you are trying to forcefully attached Muhammad into the same book that is full of error. Can you now see that your brain needs total repair

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:39am On Aug 21, 2020
middlebelter:

Remember the same lawyer can twist the same section of law to mean different things to you depending on your understanding of the law, in the same vein, the devil is always ready to lead many without the spirit of God into more confusion especially when their objectives are sinister.

I therefore counsel you, the Holy Bible is not contradictory as you are trying to mislead people, scripture is used to explain the scriptures. If God says thou shall not commit murder and at another point say take your sword and execute judgement on your brother that have committed sin,. Is it not applicable even today? Government says don't commit murder, of you do the arms of the law will catch up with you, however the same government allows soldiers to kill insurgents and bandits that are citizens of this country. Can you see the need for orderliness here?
Please stop misleading people about the scripture, it is a dangerous thing to do. Search him with all your heart in your room all alone, he will manifest if you do.
Keep quiet. There are a million and one glaring contradictions in the Bible. The op was obviously wrong in his interpretation of the thou shall not murder verse (the only part you rushed to address) since it's obvious the bloodthirsty biblical god never meant that in absolute terms.
This is just an example of how xtians talk out of both sides of their mouth,because on a normal day you guys love quoting the "thou shall not kill" verse as an example on how God is against killing in all its forms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by haekymbahd(m): 9:05am On Aug 21, 2020
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by middlebelter(m): 9:50am On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=BeLookingIDIOT post=93053813]
Keep quiet. There are a million and one glaring contradictions in the Bible. The op was obviously wrong in his interpretation of the thou shall not murder verse (the only part you rushed to address) since it's obvious the bloodthirsty biblical god never meant that in absolute terms.
This is just an example of how xtians talk out of both sides of their mouth,because on a normal day you guys love quoting the "thou shall not kill" veras an example on how God is against killing in all its forms.[/quotecan

I can't keep quite because you are not my only audience. If you have given yourself to a "reprobate mind", then the best I can do for you is to pray that God will be merciful unto you. I am not fighting you and I can't but I have the responsibility to explain the fact that Bible is not contradictory.Depending on who your master is, I get the interpretation you deserve.

If you can attack the God of the Bible, who am I to say you should not insult me? I am sure you may wish to kill me if you have you have your way.

II Timothy 2:19 ( KJV) "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity".
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by jacoik(m): 10:21am On Aug 21, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

Bible is a book of error and contradiction but you are trying to forcefully attached Muhammad into the same book that is full of error. Can you now see that your brain needs total repair
sorry bro for misunderstanding sir
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by Dyonne: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Those who truly know God, know that if there are any real contradictions in the Bible, it has absolutely nothing to do with God but everything to do with man.

Perfection is a quality of God. Its difficult to believe that a perfect being could communicate something so crucial imperfectly.

Perfection begets perfection.

This is the real issue.
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by ANTIlSLAM(m): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2020
jacoik:

You're sorry for yourself
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by jacoik(m): 11:14am On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=ANTIlSLAM post=93058209]

You're sorry for yourself [/quote) I believe am not the caused of your frustration

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by ANTIlSLAM(m): 11:44am On Aug 21, 2020
jacoik:

jacoik:

I believe am not the caused of your frustration

You said Frustration kikikiki it was allah through Muhammad that has already frustrated you looking for contradictions in Bible thereby forcefully attached Muhammad into the same Holy Bible grin
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by Daejoyoung: 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
Dyonne:

Perfection is a quality of God. Its difficult to believe that a perfect being could communicate something so crucial imperfectly.

This is the real issue.
But the bible was written by men, inspired men.
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by jacoik(m): 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

You said Frustration kikikiki it was allah through Muhammad that has already frustrated you looking for contradictions in Bible thereby forcefully attached Muhammad into the same Holy Bible grin
lolxxxxx hahahaha please remind me again. who is this your Mohamed
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by ceereelee: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
when God talks he talks from different perspective so that the communication will not be one side and that brings about the balance in the scriptures

All those scriptures were not written at the same time , they were written at different scenarios to solve different problems.

You tried.

But Jesus will forever remain the only Lord and God of all the earth.
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
jacoik:
lolxxxxx hahahaha please remind me again. who is this your Mohamed

I thought you are one of them, not knowing that u be zombie ur own even worst pass them
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
Dyonne:

This is the real issue.
You're right, perfection begets perfection, and that's why Jesus the only begotten Son of God was perfect, but the same cannot be said of men who weren't begotten of God.

Therefore this has absolutely nothing to do with God and who He begets who are both perfect, but men who are imperfect.
Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by jacoik(m): 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

I thought you are one of them, not knowing that u be zombie ur own even worst pass them
thanks so much for reminding me. I even don forget say I be zombie

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity by Janosky: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
jacoik:

But John 1:18 says “No one has ever seen God. The only Son, [b]who is the same as God [/b]and is at the Father's side, he has made him known."

There is nothing contradictory in the Bible verses 1-10 posted by the OP.
It's a matter having the proper understanding and also knowledge of wrong translations of the Bible , for instance, "who is the same as God" Fraud added to John 1:18.
Or "command ye me" Fraud in Isaiah 45:11.
Matt7:7-8, Matt 9:37Jesus Christ says ask , beg NOT command your God.

*1 Exodus 20:3-5,Disobedience attracts grave consequences.
Exodus 32:7-35, read with unbiased mind. The Israelites were guilty of breaking their covenant with Yahweh.
Vs27 is a just expression of Yahweh's anger.

2. Hosea12:3-4, Jacob wrestled with an angel, not Yahweh Almighty. (Compare Judges6:11-22, angels are called "Elohim", just as Men are called "Elohim", Psalms 82:1,6. God (Elohim) is a title.

John 1:18 (Amplified Version) "who is the same as God" is Dubious insertion ALIEN to John 1:18.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Convert To Islam / Rhema For Living Devotional (Back Online) / The World Is Damned To End 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.