Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 (1212 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by paddymo(m): 7:04am On Aug 21, 2020
I applied for Canadian tourist visa last year November and I submitted my passport and other document at the visa collection center in Lekki lagos. I was told I will be contacted if my Visa is approved

Up till this moment, I've not gotten any message from the embassy or information regarding my application, and worst is my passport is still with them since last year. Please do anyone knows how I can retrieve my passport from them?
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by flejnr(f): 7:12am On Aug 21, 2020
Go there ask for your visa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by bernard1000001(m): 7:20am On Aug 21, 2020
pls email them to inform them about the development
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by paddymo(m): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2020
They told me their Visa processing center is in Kenya. Where I made deposited my passport and document is said to be document collection center. What's very important to me now is my passport
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by paddymo(m): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2020
bernard1000001:
I've sent several emails without any responds
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by paddymo(m): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2020
bernard1000001:
They told me their Visa processing center is in Kenya. Where I made deposited my passport and document is said to be document collection center. What's very important to me now is my passport
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by bernard1000001(m): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2020
paddymo:
I've sent several emails without any responds

thats very unusual....this one strong gan oo oboi village people don dey ur matter like this....jus go back to their collection center something must be wrong im sure
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by starkyniichan(m): 8:10am On Aug 21, 2020
paddymo:
I applied for Canadian tourist visa last year November and I submitted my passport and other document at the visa collection center in Lekki lagos. I was told I will be contacted if my Visa is approved

Up till this moment, I've not gotten any message from the embassy or information regarding my application, and worst is my passport is still with them since last year. Please do anyone knows how I can retrieve my passport from them?

That's quite long - last December I applied also and already got feedback early march before the pandemic ... It's quite alarming you did apply a month before me and you're yet to get any response. �
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by paddymo(m): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2020
bernard1000001:

thats very unusual....this one strong gan oo oboi village people don dey ur matter like this....jus go back to their collection center something must be wrong im sure
I will be going to the collection center anyway. It's really strange how they can keep someones passport for that long without any information regarding his or her application
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by paddymo(m): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2020
starkyniichan:

That's quite long - last December I applied also and already got feedback early march before the pandemic ... It's quite alarming you did apply a month before me and you're yet to get any response. �
What was the feedback you got? Did you submit your passport or you uploaded document online
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by starkyniichan(m): 9:07am On Aug 21, 2020
paddymo:

What was the feedback you got? Did you submit your passport or you uploaded document online

Submitted all my documents at the vac - since it was paper based and it was a positive feedback, also it was study and not tourist visa.

When you submitted yours did you get the usual mail
from VFS Global informing you submitted ?
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by paddymo(m): 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2020
starkyniichan:

Submitted all my documents at the vac - since it was paper based and it was a positive feedback, also it was study and not tourist visa.

When you submitted yours did you get the usual mail
from VFS Global informing you submitted ?

The only mail I got from them was for correction on my application which I replied the query. Since then I've not heard from them till now
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by Cousin9999: 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
Be patient. A lot of things are going on. You're certainly not the only one frustrated. It'll work out. This time next year, you'll probably be in Canada eating poutine (fries and gravy).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by starkyniichan(m): 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
paddymo:

The only mail I got from them was for correction on my application which I replied the query. Since then I've not heard from them till now

But you should have your tracking code right ? Mostly start with CALA and it's usually on the slip vac gives to you, track the application with that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by chinniepam2018(f): 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2020
I also have the same problem with you. Submitted mine since last year October precisely 25th . I have not heard from them since then. Have sent several emails to them without any positive response . The most annoying part is that I really need my passport now .
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by emmatrack(m): 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
OP have you called them out on Twitter?
Re: Canadian Embassy Still With My Passport Since Nov. 2019 by paddymo(m): 3:47am On Mar 05, 2021
chinniepam2018:
I also have the same problem with you. Submitted mine since last year October precisely 25th . I have not heard from them since then. Have sent several emails to them without any positive response . The most annoying part is that I really need my passport now .

I was finally called to send 11,350 for courier charges to send my passport to my address. I’ve done that and I believe they will initiate task. How about yours? Have you been called ?

(1) (Reply)

Travel Buddy: Anyone Traveling To Accra In October 2020? / BREAKING:Vandals Damage Lagos-lbadan Railway Track,Trains Forced To Stop In Bush / Has Anyone Here Ever Been On A Cruise To The Caribbean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.