Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,548,630 members, 5,870,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 06:01 AM

I Want To Build Websites All By Myself. Can I? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Build Websites All By Myself. Can I? (1467 Views)

I Build Websites...... Any Kind Of Websites @cheap Rates / Build Websites For Your Business, E-commerce And Many More At Cheap Rates....... / What Can I Use To Build Websites Like This One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Build Websites All By Myself. Can I? by eesyy(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15
*HTML - FORMS 2*

*Text Input Controls*
There are three types of text input used on forms:

Single-line text input controls - This control is used for items that require only one line of user input, such as search boxes or names. They are created using HTML <input>tag.

Password input controls - This is also a single-line text input but it masks the character as soon as a user enters it. They are also created using HTML <input> tag but type attribute is set to password.

Multi-line text input controls - This is used when the user is required to give details that may be longer than a single sentence. Multi-line input controls are created using HTML <textarea>tag. Following is the list of attributes for <textarea> tag.

name - Used to give a name to the control which is sent to the server to be recognized and get the value.

rows - Indicates the number of rows of text area box.

cols - Indicates the number of columns of text area box.

*Checkbox Control*
Checkboxes are used when more than one option is required to be selected. They are also created using HTML <input> tag but type attribute is set to checkbox.

*Radio Button Control*
Radio buttons are used when out of many options, just one option is required to be selected. They are also created using HTML <input> tag but type attribute is set to radio.

*Select Box Control*
A select box, also called drop down box which provides option to list down various options in the form of drop down list, from where a user can select one or more options.

Example:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Text Input Control</title>
</head>
<body>

<form>
<label>First name:</label>
<input type="text" />
<br/><br/>

<label>Last name:</label>
<input type="text" />
<br/><br/>

Description: <br />
<textarea rows="5" cols="50">
Enter description here...
</textarea>
<br/><br/>

<input type="checkbox" name="subject" value="on">Maths
<input type="checkbox" name="subject" value="on"> Physics
<br/><br/>

<input type="radio" name="options" value="maths">Maths
<input type="radio" name="options" value="physics"> Physics
<br/><br/>

<select name="dropdown">
<option value="Maths" selected>Maths</option>
<option value="Physics">Physics</option>
<option value="Geography">Geography</option>
<option value="Economics">Economics</option>
</select>my

</form>
</body>
</html>

Note: You can not select both radio buttons: when one is selected, the other becomes unselected. As long as their carry the same name value, it works. It is however not the same with check boxes. Check boxes are meant to offer more than one selection if needed while radio buttons are used when one option is to be chosen out of many. Also, on click of the select button, there is a drop-down with options to be selected from. Before clicking it, an option has already been set as selected by default, using the 'select' attribute. Try placing the 'select' attribute in another option, see what changes.

Powered by Programmers Community...

1 Share

Re: I Want To Build Websites All By Myself. Can I? by eesyy(m): 8:35am On Sep 18
To all followers of this Web Programming thread:

For some reasons not yet known, it was not possible to send posts for Wednesday and Thursday on this platform, this message kept coming up at every trial: "You can not do that right now, try again in a few hours."

However it seems to have been sorted out. Still, to be prepared is to consider the past, present and look into the future whilst planning. For this reason, a WHATSAPP group has been created for the same purpose as this thread: "to teach the practice of web coding in simple, understandable terms, provide essential programming skills relevant to the times and people, create a network of uniquely motivated, creative and skillful programmers with clear foresight and discipline."

Below is the link, on click you will be taken to the group where lessons will be posted. Thank you so much. You are blessed to be a blessing ... Remember that!
https:///HJevgHpwDYJ6oOSDn7WkCw

Powered by Programmers Community...

1 Share

Re: I Want To Build Websites All By Myself. Can I? by eesyy(m): 8:45am On Sep 18
*HTML - FORMS 3*

*File Upload Box*
If you want to allow a user to upload a file to your web site, you will need to use a file upload box, also known as a file select box. This is also created using the <input> element but type attribute is set to file.

*Button Controls*
There are various ways in HTML to create clickable buttons. You can also create a clickable button using <input> tag by setting its type attribute to button.

Type values for button control include:

submit - This creates a button that automatically submits a form.

reset - This creates a button that automatically resets form controls to their initial values.

button - This creates a button that is used to trigger a client-side script when the user clicks that button.

image - This creates a clickable button but we can use an image as background of the button.

*Hidden Form Controls*
Hidden form controls are used to hide data inside the page which later on can be pushed to the server. This control hides inside the code and does not appear on the actual page. For example, following hidden form is being used to keep current page number. When a user will click next page then the value of hidden control will be sent to the web server and there it will decide which page will be displayed next based on the passed current page.

Example and result uploaded below.

Some <form> attributes:

accept - Specifies the types of files that the server accepts (applies to file upload box).

accept-charset - Specifies the charset used in the submitted form (default: the page charset).

action - Specifies an address (url) where to submit the form (default: the submitting page).

autocomplete - Specifies if the browser should autocomplete the form (default: on).

enctype - Specifies the encoding of the submitted data (default: is url-encoded).

method - Specifies the HTTP method used when submitting the form (default: GET).

name - Specifies a name used to identify the form (for DOM usage: document.forms.name).

novalidate - Specifies that the browser should not validate the form.

target - Specifies the target of the address in the action attribute (default: _self).

No need to worry, you will get the handle of this soon.