Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor (1266 Views)

I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi Insists / Osinbajo To Hope Uzodinma: You Didn’t Become Governor Because Of Smartness / Imo Guber: I Will Not Step Down For Anyone- Nwulu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by nairalandankrah: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Edo State governorship elections, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has insisted he is not desperate to become governor.

Ize-Iyamu previously contested in 2016 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), but lost to the incumbent, Godwin Obaseki, who was then the APC candidate.

However, both men have switched parties ahead of next month’s polls.

Ize-Iyamu, speaking to journalists on Thursday, said if he loses, he will head to the courts and not instigate violence.

“A man who genuinely wants to serve cannot be desperate. It is not compulsory that I should be the governor.

“If God wills, I will win. I assure you that if I lose the election, the worst that can happen is that I will go to court but I won’t resort to violence. We have warned our supporters against violence,” he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/21/edo-guber-ize-iyamu-reveals-what-will-happen-if-he-loses-to-obaseki/

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by IamSalt: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Na lie.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by GboyegaD(m): 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
He should go to a nearby forest and chant that lie to the birds.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by Racoon(m): 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
Lies! Lies!! Politicians are always desperate but perhaps Ize Iyamu has seen something red now.Same man Oshiomole is desperately trying to market in Edo state @ present? Abeg make we hear word.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by IamWonderful: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
Nice
Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by Finnese001: 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
Lol
Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by pode(m): 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Please keep to your word after the outcome of the election and same goes to you the opposition party
Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by Austinosconst: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
You are not desperate why did you move to APC?

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by Ladiesdoctor(m): 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
The godson of "go and die" crooner

Nonsense
Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by ican2020: 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by LLSAINT(m): 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
I am not partisan but just trying to be objective. This guy sounds more politically matured in his utterances than Godwin Obaseki

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by chicoMX(m): 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
LLSAINT:
I am not partisan but just trying to be objective. This guy sounds more politically matured in his utterances than Godwin Obaseki

Bone his utterances.. Is he not politician a again? They always seem politically matured until you give them power.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by LLSAINT(m): 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
But he has a commanding figure among political heavyweights in Edo politics.
chicoMX:

Bone his utterances.. Is he not politician a again? They always seem politically matured until you give them power.
Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by Eriyoshegz: 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
all lies, why did u go to APC if you are not so desperate? why did u allow adams oshiomhole, thesame man that ruined your life in 2016 to be your godfather? why did u allow yourself to be turbanned by a muslim man?

mallam ize iyamu your desperation reeks of your ill deeds and hidden agenda. EDO DON DECIDE. Na OBASEKI, we want.

VOTE PDP, VOTE OBASEKI!

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by weyreypey: 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2020
Laffs. So you decamped to APC lost primaries... decamped to PDP....contest ..... lost..... guber elections and decamped back to APC.... What's your philosophy if not desperation?

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by sirgoody: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
frustrated serial political merchant

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:I Am Not Desperate To Become Governor by Preciousdon(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
Is over for you Mr IZE-IYAMU
Obaseki all the way

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: FG Approves Full Reopening Of Schools Nationwide / #endsars: FG Should Shut Down Social Media – Kemi Olunloyo / Presidential Broadcast : What Was That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.