Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

A Lifetime Of WRATH, Part 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Lifetime Of WRATH, Part 2 (237 Views)

A Lifetime Of WRATH, Part 6 / A Lifetime Of WRATH, Part 1 / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lifetime Of WRATH, Part 2 by EPublishers: 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
She was still cold when she sauntered back into her office, it was like a drop of ice in her heart, she melted as it melted. One of the pregnant women had already gone in with her boss. The others still shot that look of resentment at her, she did not mind, her mind had left their thoughts a while ago. Only her body existed there, her soul and spirit had escaped her heart, running back to their root. At 5pm when they had attended to all the women for the day, she shook off her bosses hand on her buttocks. Six months ago, she had begun to feel the meaninglessness in life, that moment purpose and reason have become unclear. She lay on her bed, her eyes watching the ceiling, searching for what was the real thing. There, she made a decision to stop the affair with the man and cut the strings with every man in her life, their meaning in her life seemed like no meaning. She had sang, prayed, gone to church, spoken in tongues and slept off in her kitchen. Barrister Amele’s advances at her did not stop but she curtailed it and never allowed him have his way, it was a difficult task since they were already used to working and having their own secret fun still she declined him totally. Barrister Amele was a good man to her and she refused to blame him entirely over the clandestine affair, she had started the affair while working for him in his law firm. She had sat on a seat opposite his and opened her legs to reveal bright yellow lingerie to a man who has a wife but will fall to a hideous sin that people call normal. The man had come to her, admiring her open book lifestyle. She was always honest, chatty and high on fun so he let her new decision be, hoping for her to compromise one day.
He tried to slide his hand into her skirt.
‘So do you have a boyfriend now?’
‘Hah, sir, I told you if I have a boyfriend, I will let you know. You are my best friend, confidant and many more things. I will let you know.’
‘Many more things,….that should make me go deeper.’
She laughed and removed his hands, tough choice. She began to prepare for their departure, after which, he wrote her a cheque, she took it and remarked, ‘What is good for the geese is also good for the gander huh?’
‘What do you mean?’
‘You often write your daughters cheques too so I’m your daughter.’
The man lowered his head and giggled. ‘You are amazing.’
‘You too.’ She brought her face to his and got their noses snuggling, his lips leered her but she held back, she must run.
Chiwetel smiled till she arrived home, the number was already calling her again, she quickly took the call and the voices on phone laughed along. She will never get that sentence off her head.
‘Chiwetex, it is me Prince, your Prince, I have been looking for you.’
The I have been looking for you made her feel worthy and important, she became more thankful that she had stopped mixing blood with the others and look how God had surprised her, ‘someone was looking for me, someone cute, sweet and nobles has been looking for me.’ She said to herself.
She did not notice her...... https://egbechopublishers..com/2020/08/a-lifetime-of-wrath-part-2.html

From your very own celebrities story plug-
Re: A Lifetime Of WRATH, Part 2 by EPublishers: 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
angry

(1) (Reply)

Stop Southern Kaduna Killing. / Dermis / Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.