Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape (14714 Views)

Tyson Fury Knocks Out Dillian Whyte With Brutal Uppercut, Retains WBC title / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles / Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by gasparpisciotta: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
Dillian Whyte’s clash with Alexander Povetkin is finally set to go ahead this weekend following its problems due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Britain’s ‘Body Snatcher’ was set to take on the tough Russian in Manchester back in May but the exciting fight was put back due to the COVID-19 lockdown.

It was hoped that Whyte vs Povetkin could usher in the return of elite sport but the clash was shelved.

Now, several weeks on, the two heavyweights are set to go toe-to-toe in the biggest bout since boxing returned.

The main event fight will get underway at around 10pm for UK and Nigerian fans while there’s an exciting rematch between Katie Taylor and Delfine Persoon on the undercard.

Whyte vs Povetkin: Tale of the tape

Whyte – Povetkin

Nationality: British – Russian

Height: 6ft 4 – 6ft 2

Stance: Orthodox – Orthodox

Reach: 78in – 75in

Record: 27-1-0 – 35-2-1

KOs: 18 – 24

Rounds: 155 – 255

Debut: 13/5/2011 – 11/6/2005

Alias: The Body Snatcher – Russian Vityaz

Whyte vs Povetkin: What has been said?

Eddie Hearn is genuinely concerned Dillian Whyte will ‘have a tear up’ with Alexander Povetkin before their scheduled fight.

“No criticism of the fighters, but we’re talking about undisputed champions. We’re talking about number one ranked heavyweights. We’re talking about Olympic gold medallists.

“Because the issue is not just they’re in the same hotel on different floors, they’re on the same floor. They’re on the same corridor. If Dillian Whyte bumps into Alexander Povetkin in the corridor, or out here on the grass, we can’t be responsible for the consequences.

“I spoke to Dillian Whyte earlier, we’re talking about potentially hiring a Winnebago for him to live in, in a secluded area, quarantined off, attached to the hotel.

“Bit quirky I know, but I’m struggling to find another solution. We’ve got these regulations and responsibilities in place in terms of quarantine and testing, but we also have a big concern that everybody is on top of each other.

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by MJBOLT: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
i'm picking whyte to win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by GeneralPula: 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
I no even sabi them..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by sammysmiles(m): 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
Wow I wonder how this kind of people play with someone...

4 Likes

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by OVA200(m): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
See body!!

Both of them will wake tomorrow knowing fully well they are going to be beaten wether they win or lose.

I fear beaten ehn that's why I prefer football.

8 Likes

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by vincixpresso: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
Povetkin was a beast, don't know about now

4 Likes

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Zyxzzzz: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Arturitoroman: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by chelsea1116(m): 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
I was either in primary 6 or Js1...

I was the strongest amongst my peers( SO I THOUGHT), no1 challenged me until one day my best friend as of den stood up..I was jeje in my house o, at d sit out of our flat when one of these adults of that time that enjoys watchin kids fight convinced my own best friend he could beat me in a fight..

My man jus called me to come down that he will challenge me, i was shocked!! I was like a whole me, i rushed down to deal with my bestie and that rate i take rush he use dt rate beat me black and blue and ended it with bashing my head on a swing

I didnt cry til i met my bro who told me "u see wetin dis guy beat u, na den tears begin role and i answered him"if it was u dey bash him head for swing wetin u go do"

THAT WAS D DAY I STOPPED FIGHTIN TIL DS DAY, FROM THAT MOMENT I HATED VIOLENCE OF ANY SORT..BOXING, CULTISM, POLICE & ARMY INTIMIDATION, ETC. SOMETIMES MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS OF OUR LIVES ARE USUALLY OUR BEST TEACHER.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
Waiting for that righteousness guy to come and talk rubbish.

13 Likes

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Amspecial: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Geestarry(f): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
smiley
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by robosky02(m): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
White
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
Povetkin was a beast. I don't know about now.

I am counting on him to whoop Whyte's ass.

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by money121(m): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by bomasek(m): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
Whyte may win
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by EyezofGod120: 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
grin righteousness guy where art thou

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by femmyapson(m): 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
this space is booked for righteousness89

2 Likes

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by zoedicus: 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
Real bout will be between Taylor and Person. Enough bombs. No holds barred. Whyte predictably will win by TKO. But Poverkin has a chance too. More like a 60:40.
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Sososo(f): 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
The age difference though

Maybe an advantage to the younger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
One set of people I can never fight are Russians or Germans. Those people are beasts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by stonemind(f): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
I like strong men
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by osamz007: 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
Righteousness89 you have 10 minutes to deliver your message then after that we COLLECT OFFERING

7 Likes

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by famouscargo4u: 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
Dilian whyte is surely winning this
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Passionate888: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2020
Fury vs Wilder next.

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Fmghewzy(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=SegFault post=93079789]One set of people I can never fight are Russians or Germans. Those people are beasts.

Those guys are truly machines ,but you can't compare them to blacks .check out some Senegalese monsters or Cameroon Giants ,or maybe one gallant igbo boy.
I wish does sponsoring this fights can come to Africa ,and go to on remote village and pick a beast, person wey never chop anything artificial.

You go know say black guys are monsters( I mean brutal strength)

4 Likes

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by blazeup(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
200k says whyte wins.
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by femmyapson(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2020
okay
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=Fmghewzy post=93080242][/quote]
I mean their professional fighters and their military, very scary people. And what do you mean you can't compare them to blacks they go shock you ehn, igbo boys may be big but if you watch all thede UFC and boxing matches na then you go fear Germans and Russians. I even forgot to add Irish people.grin

3 Likes

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by FreeSpirited: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
stonemind:
I like strong men

So that he can waste his strength drilling ya cunt abi....is that not all?

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by kiddkash(m): 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2020
Dillian whyte will receive an a$$ whooping.

after his lucky win against Oscar Rivas.

I just like how he has finally being given the all clear as the next challenger to face Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by lekki1444: 10:26pm On Aug 21, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 / Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor / Finally,An ultra-modern Stadium is being built in Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.