Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape (14730 Views)

Tyson Fury Knocks Out Dillian Whyte With Brutal Uppercut, Retains WBC title / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles / Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Fmghewzy(m): 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=SegFault post=93080429]
I mean their professional fighters and their military, very scary people. And what do you mean you can't compare them to blacks they go shock you ehn, igbo boys may be big but if you watch all thede UFC and boxing matches na then you go fear Germans and Russians. I even forgot to add Irish people.;

Alaye forget that one ,shebi na because UFC and boxiny get rules.
Make them clear space let them make them fight one on one ,no rules use any fighting technique he sure me die black guys would woop their azzss .

Make I no lie shaaa of those Russians ,Germans and irish pple we u talk are really strong.

Those ones still dey chop correct food .
But normal black guys would woop their asses

They might have the strength but they don't have the stamina to match ,mafoo
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Useful1: 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
SegFault:
Waiting for that righteousness guy to come and talk rubbish.

What the Righteousness guy got to do with this thread or the two proposed fighters?
Whoever does not like his comments or views, should skip it or keep mute since he's not referring to you directly. I've observed lately here that some people are not comfortable with the guy's line of thoughts, but that shouldn't earn him all these 'coded' online bully. Don't worry, in the end we'll know whether he's been talking rubbish, or some minds have been rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=Fmghewzy post=93081070][/quote]
I laugh. I never said anyone will beat anyone and you are already assuming. Say it's because they set rules, rules are what's keeping them from tearing People apart, have you seen that guy in game of thrones that is huge like a giant, he is a German I've forgotten what they call those kind of people but imagine you and that kind of person facing each other without rules. I am not saying this person will beat that person I am simply saying they are beasts simple. I hate when Nigerians do this nonsense self undecided
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2020
Useful1:

What the Righteousness guy got to do with this thread or the two proposed fighters?
Whoever does not like his comments or views, should skip it or keep mute since he's not referring to you directly. I've observed lately here that some people are not comfortable with the guy's line of thoughts, but that shouldn't earn him all these 'coded' online bully. Don't worry, in the end we'll know whether he's been talking rubbish, or some minds have been rubbish.
Yah just like you said whoever doesn't like his comments should pass, you should pass too. He disturbs us with nonsense posts about his god then condemns other people for not being into his sky daddy, he should keep it to himself and shut the fvck up. Besides I never talked to you.

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Fmghewzy(m): 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=SegFault post=93081241]
I laugh. I never said anyone will beat anyone and you are already assuming. Say it's because they set rules, rules are what's keeping them from tearing People apart, have you seen that guy in game of thrones that is huge like a giant, he is a German I've forgotten what they call those kind of people but imagine you and that kind of person facing each other without rules. I am not saying this person will beat that person I am simply saying they are beasts simple. I hate when Nigerians do this nonsense self

Lol I don hear una ,wetin I know be say does oyinbo pple are like chicken lol ,their bones no strong lol

And as for that games of throne guy ,he go shock u say na steroids he dey use
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=Fmghewzy post=93081412][/quote]
Steroids my arse, please use Google. And have you fought any oyibo guy. Nigerians undecidedundecided
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by onatisi(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
this is an unnecessary risk been taking by whyte , he is putting his mandatory position on the line in a one way match against one of the most consistent and technical fighter in the heavyweight category
BluntTheApostle:
Povetkin was a beast. I don't know about now.

I am counting on him to whoop Whyte's ass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Fairbanks(m): 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
Dillian Whyte’s clash with Alexander Povetkin is finally set to go ahead this weekend following its problems due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Britain’s ‘Body Snatcher’ was set to take on the tough Russian in Manchester back in May but the exciting fight was put back due to the COVID-19 lockdown.

It was hoped that Whyte vs Povetkin could usher in the return of elite sport but the clash was shelved.

Now, several weeks on, the two heavyweights are set to go toe-to-toe in the biggest bout since boxing returned.

The main event fight will get underway at around 10pm for UK and Nigerian fans while there’s an exciting rematch between Katie Taylor and Delfine Persoon on the undercard.

Whyte vs Povetkin: Tale of the tape

Whyte – Povetkin

Nationality: British – Russian

Height: 6ft 4 – 6ft 2

Stance: Orthodox – Orthodox

Reach: 78in – 75in

Record: 27-1-0 – 35-2-1

KOs: 18 – 24

Rounds: 155 – 255

Debut: 13/5/2011 – 11/6/2005

Alias: The Body Snatcher – Russian Vityaz

Whyte vs Povetkin: What has been said?

Eddie Hearn is genuinely concerned Dillian Whyte will ‘have a tear up’ with Alexander Povetkin before their scheduled fight.

“No criticism of the fighters, but we’re talking about undisputed champions. We’re talking about number one ranked heavyweights. We’re talking about Olympic gold medallists.

“Because the issue is not just they’re in the same hotel on different floors, they’re on the same floor. They’re on the same corridor. If Dillian Whyte bumps into Alexander Povetkin in the corridor, or out here on the grass, we can’t be responsible for the consequences.

“I spoke to Dillian Whyte earlier, we’re talking about potentially hiring a Winnebago for him to live in, in a secluded area, quarantined off, attached to the hotel.

“Bit quirky I know, but I’m struggling to find another solution. We’ve got these regulations and responsibilities in place in terms of quarantine and testing, but we also have a big concern that everybody is on top of each other.

Both beaten by Aj
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by sustained: 11:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
osamz007:
Righteousness89 you have 10 minutes to deliver your message then after that we COLLECT OFFERING

If Jesus comes now what will be your excuse for not making heaven? The time is ticking, give your life to Christ

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Judolisco(m): 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
Hopefully dis match go retire povetkin

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by agabusta: 1:57am On Aug 22, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
Povetkin was a beast. I don't know about now.

I am counting on him to whoop Whyte's ass.

Very quick and strong. Somewhat fights like Mike Tyson.

Anthony Joshua kept his cool with him, otherwise, he'd have had problems.

If Whyte goes to the fight with his usual gra gra, he may be done for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by agabusta: 1:59am On Aug 22, 2020
kiddkash:
Dillian whyte will receive an a$$ whooping.

after his lucky win against Oscar Rivas.

I just like how he has finally being given the all clear as the next challenger to face Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder

If he loses this fight, will it affect his lining up for Fury?
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by agabusta: 2:02am On Aug 22, 2020
onatisi:
this is an necessary risk been taking by whyte , he is putting his mandatory position on the line in a one way match against one of the most consistent and technical fighter in the heavyweight category

Really big risk. But only risk takers can truly be outstanding.

If he achieves a decisive victory, he'd have positioned himself strategically for both Fury and Joshua.
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by treatise: 7:28am On Aug 22, 2020
MJBOLT:
i'm picking whyte to win
How many odds?
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by uchwar1: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2020
stonemind:
I like strong men
...and strong rod
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by stonemind(f): 9:17am On Aug 22, 2020
FreeSpirited:

So that he can waste his strength drilling ya cunt abi....is that not all?

I call you?
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:27am On Aug 22, 2020
agabusta:

Very quick and strong. Somewhat fights like Mike Tyson.

Anthony Joshua kept his cool with him, otherwise, he'd have had problems.

If Whyte goes to the fight with his usual gra gra, he may be done for.

Exactly. He reminds one of Mike Tyson.

And he is highly technical. Stunned Joshua in the early rounds during their fight.
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:33am On Aug 22, 2020
onatisi:
this is an necessary risk been taking by whyte , he is putting his mandatory position on the line in a one way match against one of the most consistent and technical fighter in the heavyweight category

Very unnecessary high risk fight.
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by perdollar(m): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2020
I only see one outcome. Whyte wins by 8round KO
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by sulasa07(m): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2020
GeneralPula:
I no even sabi them..
It was Anthony Joshua who almost ruined Whyte's career by injuring his shoulder

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by kiddkash(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2020
agabusta:

If he loses this fight, will it affect his lining up for Fury?
absofuckinglutely. people underestimate Tyson Fury
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by onatisi(m): 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
it seems wbc dont really want another britsih to hold that title , dillian has been mandatory for over 1000 days , that is almost 3 years
agabusta:

Really big risk. But only risk takers can truly be outstanding.

If he achieves a decisive victory, he'd have positioned himself strategically for both Fury and Joshua.
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Zyxzzzz: 11:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
povetkin won
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Arturitoroman: 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2020
Lmao, so dillan whyte Lost

1 Like

Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by Unserious: 12:24am On Aug 23, 2020
Just one uppercut finished the nigga
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by agabusta: 4:19am On Aug 23, 2020
sulasa07:

It was Anthony Joshua who almost ruined Whyte's career by injuring his shoulder

That punch to the chest and slightly to the shoulder area was deadly. I have watched it over and over again.

Damn!

Anthony Joshua was super strong for that Whtye fight.
Re: Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape by omotolsy(m): 6:04am On Aug 23, 2020
Now people will begin to know how brilliant AJ is as a boxer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Super Eagles of Nigeria Thread. / Bet9ja Must Pay / Hazard Ponders On Chelsea Future : I Don’t Want To Have Any Regrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.