Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Dear Graphic Designers, I Need You All Advice And Recommendation - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Dear Graphic Designers, I Need You All Advice And Recommendation (718 Views)

Youtube Content Creators need you / List Of The Best Cost Effective Laptops For Graphic Designers And Developers / Whatsapp Group For Professional, Mobile Photographers And Graphic Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Graphic Designers, I Need You All Advice And Recommendation by Horlaryinoni: 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
I’m an undergraduate and it’s been on my mind to learn graphics design for the past three months but couldn’t go ahead as I was engaged with some online courses which required my time and dedication.

Now I’m free and wouldn’t want to be idle. So I think this is the perfect time I should start learning graphic design, BUT don’t know how to go about it and where to start from by learning it in my own because I can’t afford much to get a tutor neither can I afford any pay online courses for now “boy is damn broke”, so that is why I’m reaching out to you’ll for help!

I need your advice, recommendation, and if possible, I’ll appreciate if you can help with materials (e.g. videos) I can study to get started.
Re: Dear Graphic Designers, I Need You All Advice And Recommendation by Offpoint: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
Horlaryinoni:
I’m an undergraduate and it’s been on my mind to learn graphics design for the past three months but couldn’t go ahead as I was engaged with some online courses which required my time and dedication.

Now I’m free and wouldn’t want to be idle. So I think this is the perfect time I should start learning graphic design, BUT don’t know how to go about it and where to start from by learning it in my own because I can’t afford much to get a tutor neither can I afford any pay online courses for now “boy is damn broke”, so that is why I’m reaching out to you’ll for help!

I need your advice, recommendation, and if possible, I’ll appreciate if you can help with materials (e.g. videos) I can study to get started.
Go to Lynda dott com and register for a free 1 month trial. Download IDM and install on your PC or savefromdotnet extension (please write those websites correctly, I don't want to be ban by nairaland bot that's why I wrote them that way} ... And download as many as possible graphics tutorials on Lynda. Download from beginner to advanced tutorials.

Graphics softwares you should get tutorials on:
CorelDraw
Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw. {Master 1 first before you proceed to another}

Start from there and make sure dedicate your time to it, do a lot of practice. Follow professional designers on social media and learn from their designs.

Apart from learning the softwares, there are very important things you need to learn. They're extremely important.
1. Colour, use of colours.
2. Typography
3. Image use
These three are vast especially 1 and 2... You should focus extremely on them.

Other useful sites you can get premium and free tutorials from.
Youtube
Skillshare
Udemy
Shaw Academy

1 Like

Re: Dear Graphic Designers, I Need You All Advice And Recommendation by Horlaryinoni: 4:30am On Aug 22, 2020
Thanks so much. I really appreciate this. Please can you recommend any youtube channel i can subscribe to? And also which of the graphic design softwares is best to start with?
Offpoint:

Go to Lynda dott com and register for a free 1 month trial. Download IDM and install on your PC or savefromdotnet extension (please write those websites correctly, I don't want to be ban by nairaland bot that's why I wrote them that way} ... And download as many as possible graphics tutorials on Lynda. Download from beginner to advanced tutorials.

Graphics softwares you should get tutorials on:
CorelDraw
Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw. {Master 1 first before you proceed to another}

Start from there and make sure dedicate your time to it, do a lot of practice. Follow professional designers on social media and learn from their designs.

Apart from learning the softwares, there are very important things you need to learn. They're extremely important.
1. Colour, use of colours.
2. Typography
3. Image use
These three are vast especially 1 and 2... You should focus extremely on them.

Other useful sites you can get premium and free tutorials from.
Youtube
Skillshare
Udemy
Shaw Academy
Re: Dear Graphic Designers, I Need You All Advice And Recommendation by Offpoint: 6:52am On Aug 22, 2020
Horlaryinoni:
Thanks so much. I really appreciate this. Please can you recommend any youtube channel i can subscribe to? And also which of the graphic design softwares is best to start with?
I personally don't have any YouTube channel I follow up, I only make search for what I need.
Whatever you're searching for, make sure you search it in this format... "Full beginners CorelDraw tutorials" this way you'll get them in part or sections.

You can start with any of the software...
I will recommend you start with CorelDraw

1 Like

Re: Dear Graphic Designers, I Need You All Advice And Recommendation by Horlaryinoni: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
Once again, thank you so much sir. God bless you.
Offpoint:

I personally don't have any YouTube channel I follow up, I only make search for what I need.
Whatever you're searching for, make sure you search it in this format... "Full beginners CorelDraw tutorials" this way you'll get them in part or sections.

You can start with any of the software...
I will recommend you start with CorelDraw
Re: Dear Graphic Designers, I Need You All Advice And Recommendation by KhingLufem1(m): 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
YouTube is there and if you want advanced learning you can go to
Udemy
Skillshare
LinkedIn
Fiverr learn
Futur academy
Shaw academy

For better tutor on youtube
Mohammed achraf
Satori graphics
Futur academy
Blue lightning tv
Tutvid
Envato tuts
Createnprocess
Shazim creation

1 Like

Re: Dear Graphic Designers, I Need You All Advice And Recommendation by Horlaryinoni: 1:35am On Aug 27, 2020
Thanks so much boss, I really appreciate.
KhingLufem1:
YouTube is there and if you want advanced learning you can go to
Udemy
Skillshare
LinkedIn
Fiverr learn
Futur academy
Shaw academy

For better tutor on youtube
Mohammed achraf
Satori graphics
Futur academy
Blue lightning tv
Tutvid
Envato tuts
Createnprocess
Shazim creation

(1) (Reply)

Download Free Movavi Video Editor With Crack Now / Camera Speedlite And Camera Flashlight For Sale / Giant Adobe Buys UI/UX Company Figma for $20 billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.